Reviews for One Hundred Little Words
Karmaric chapter 1 . 4/2/2010
Reviewin' time. It is about time for your checkup. I think I need to review you. Pay per view for review?

I think you get the point. I haven't read a story from you in quite a while. I think that Beach House was my first (as far as you as an author goes) and it impressed me so much that I took a look at several other of your stories. However, again, I haven't read them in quite a while. So when I just happened to come across another one of your fabulous (if memory serves me correctly- we shall find out if it does in a few mere sentences) stories- I simply had to write a review. I have always liked stories that are subjected around the complicating "sentence challenge-" since I get such a wide range of themes and moods. Of course, I only get these if it is done correctly.

Which yours was and was not. You had your moments and then you didn't. Rather than go through a discussion about each and every passage, I think I'm going to pick the ones that appealed to me the most. A few (hopefully small, because I don't want to get carried away here) rants and I'm gone.

(4) That is their relationship in a pinch. You nailed them both to a cross, or whatever the phrase is. The "Just humor me" and "You hear that Cy?" were genius- despite the fact that, indeed- humor me is not something I can imagine coming out of Beast Boy's mouth. I love how you played that to Raven's advantage as well.

(5) I don't so much as have a problem with this one compared to a dislike for it. Truthfully- I don't know if I can pinpoint my exact distaste. I love the ending (with the two both declaring about unfinished puzzles) However, the fact that both of them would say that is a bit hard to imagine. While they are both quick to throw temper tantrums, they aren't quick to apologize or make up for it (in any way, shape, or form.) On a nicer note: I liked the amount of wit that was thrown into this. If anything- it was fun to read.

(7) was an interesting proposal. While it is true that it would be hard to fathom a disappearance of a soul- it is not the conscious control center for the human body. It is merely a tool looked upon by spiritual leaders. You could easily be "soul-less" (in a certain sense) and still have the ability to control oneself. On another matter: I don't know if Raven's logic is... right. Upon transformation, Beast Boy is able to shed clothes, teeth, hair, fingers: You name it, he loses it. So why would that be a contributing factor to his loss of a soul? If that wasn't enough of a setback- what about the fact that Beast Boy breaks the laws of science every day? He shouldn't have been alive, but he was. He shouldn't have been able to transform, but he could. What's to say he couldn't lose a soul every now and then. That would make one interesting story- if you felt the need to develop it. that Beast Boy

(9) I can dig that (sometimes I wish I knew more gangster language.) Isn't it just like Beast Boy to ask her the most important questions when she is in the middle of reading? That's our little changeling. Anyway- I like how you portrayed both the order of events and her reactions. Are we friends? Sure (keeps reading book) Do you think we could be best friends? Why not (keeps reading book) More than friends: Hold the phone. Stop the presses. Raven. Has. Stopped. Reading.

(10) Win. Win. Win. Win. Win. That, my reviewee, is my favorite piece. It made me giggle and gave me the butterfly effect (this thing that I say when my heart leaps? Just forget it- it's my weird terminology) Well played. I love the fact that both are defensive about it. Thank you so, so much for that.

(12) Playing up the comic, now aren't we? I actually had a few problems with this one. One: Why didn't Raven scold him for looking at her "lower back?" Surely she would have realized the implication and could have been swift enough to turn the tables against him. Two: Why does Raven not have a smart response? I was looking forward to that. Three: There is no three. Sorry to disappoint.

(16) 10. 2. 8. 2. 6. 2. 7. I can imagine them bickering over how many children they want. I like how Beast Boy took the higher number. It suggests that his desire for children can either come from his childlike behavior or animal instinct, both of which are within reason. I really need to stop writing the ones in such a close proximity. I am afraid I will run out of room. All right: just a few more.

(20) Do you know what my problem is with this one? Nothing. Because (and thank the heavens for this) someone understands that Beast Boy is not a complete moron. He can be philosophical. He can be insightful. He can be serious. He can be intelligent. The man is not all jokes and pranks. He is a real person (using that term loosely) and far from stupid.

(22) Interesting theory. Reasonable. Logical. I think it works.

(25) I can imagine Beast Boy feeling pain when he transforms. Do I think he actually does? I haven't decided yet. However, there is a problem with this particular topic. I don't see what is so "important" that Raven needs to know how much pain it causes him. Her powers cause her pain- in a weird and twisted way. Besides- Raven isn't one to pry into someone's business unless it directly affects her. I think that if a few more sentences were added to it, then it could have been plausible. Though I understand why you avoided this- as it might end up ruining the piece altogether.

Dammit- I got carried away. Oh well. I was planning on reviewing all four chapters but (seeing as how I have already taken up too much room) I think I'm going to quite while I'm ahead. Overall, this was a nice read. It was entertaining and endearing. I liked more than I didn't and many of them gave me the desirable "butterfly effect." Well done.

-Karmaric
Raven's Favorite Emotion chapter 4 . 11/18/2009
This story is just AMAZING, it really is one of your best. It makes me laugh over and over again even though I've probably read it a thousand times. I wish you could have elobrated more on some of the words and turned them into a full story, but I'm glad that we even have this. You are a literary genius.
xxgabigailxx chapter 4 . 11/9/2009
this is so sweet and wonderful i adored it all!
Goldenheart11 chapter 4 . 10/28/2009
AW! So sweet! BBxRae 4ever!
Don't Forget. 3 Oct 11 chapter 4 . 10/14/2009
one of the best ff ever. can i get an AW! (the catnap thing was good :P)
VictoryIsGreen chapter 4 . 10/8/2009
As usual, all amazing and teasing XD Great job as always
Endless Raindrops chapter 4 . 9/20/2009
Ha, this story made me laugh! Haha I'm still smiling about it.

And you know, this was the first time that I have ever read a story about BB cutting himself, which is something to think about. I've never thought of that before.

Great one-shot.
davestridersjunk chapter 4 . 12/15/2008
Lol! That Was Awesome .. Half Of Iit Left Me Laughing For About 10 Minutes :D .. Amazing, Really!
Denalien chapter 4 . 8/25/2008
hahahaha,my favourite is the number 98! Hehehehehe

"Now put it back and, whatever you do, don’t look behind you."

hehehehe,it made my day better! XD

hehehe whatever you do,don't look behind you!

What is that supposed to mean?

What do you think?

...

that was awesome!Good job,my friend!
highunicorns chapter 1 . 6/29/2008
lol i like it XD
myrthill chapter 1 . 6/9/2008
I know it's kinda late asking this. but what do you mean by Gem means doom for Raven? I didn't quite understand it.
zimeatspotatoes chapter 4 . 4/14/2008
Cute, I've never heard of this...style? Don't know what I'd call it, but it was certainly interesting (:

I liked the diversification; romantical with a few sour twists and some slices of humor.
SpazztasticFanGirl chapter 4 . 3/23/2008
Awsome! Thanks so much for using some of my words! I feel so honored!

Sorry it took me so long to review this! Busy little bee I've been!
Butterfree chapter 4 . 3/1/2008
Hmm, great job on keeping the same kind of interesting spark that as present throughout all 100 short stories; I definetly didn't find myself losing interest. Some more feelings other then fluff or slight humor after reading one of your stories could maybe be nice though /

~ CupidKirby(TwisterKirby)
Butterfree chapter 3 . 3/1/2008
Once again, great job on the variety of different ideas you have, and my favourite in this chapter is definetly '74 - Fame'

Though, you might want to try making BeastBoy and Raven a little more in character. Just think if you can imagine Raven's voice saying these kinds of things in the tone you intended in the story in real life if she was real. For Beastboy, I know he is serious in these one-shoots, but it just feels kind of all over the place with him that he doesn't really make a funny comment even once.

((Sorry if that sounded offending))

~ CupidKirby(TwisterKirby)