Reviews for Going Without Him
Guest chapter 1 . 9/24/2013
This is one of my very favorite stories. WELL DONE
Guest chapter 1 . 5/12/2013
A truly moving story, I enjoyes so much.
IShouldBeOverThis chapter 1 . 10/4/2010
Ooo, I never thought I could enjoy ACD Sherlock slash, but this was delectible (having way too much fun over in Sherlock BBC slash). Perfectly captured both men and the times.
Akkalia chapter 1 . 7/23/2010
I really liked this. Thank you
Umino Akiko chapter 1 . 6/23/2010
the whole story I wasd caught between crying and laughing. Cry for the pain they felt and laughing at how utterly ridiculus a situation it was.
KittyBadger chapter 1 . 5/25/2010
This is heartbreakingly beautiful. And so, so Holmes. I love how you've taken the Conan Doyle and used it to sculpt your own narrative. Watson, as over-emotional as always, and Mycroft allowing his slightly more human side to emerge, were exquisite. But it's the broken Holmes that wins this for me. It's absolutely spot on.
IreneNorton chapter 1 . 4/24/2010
This is what really happened. Period.

I have NEVER read a better version of the Hiatus and Watson's marriage. And I don't think I ever will either. _

The only thing that I was a little disappointed in was their reunion though.

I think that Watson should be more angry, I know that he is beside himself with joy and all but still. A little punch or some harsh words would be a little more logical. (I know there was none in the Canon but I think that that was just editing on Watson's part so that the readers wouldn't be frightened. P)
Nova-chan chapter 1 . 1/1/2010
Amazingly beautiful. Skilffully written and greatly enjoyed. I especially liked Mycroft's telling of their childhood. :)
Eyebrows2 chapter 1 . 9/11/2009
Oh wow, I love it! How potent. I'm often undecided, but usually tend to err more on the het/strongly platonic than the slash side with Holmes and Watson, but this is a fantastic tear jerker and I can thorougly believe in the romance. I'm usually wary of "angst" as a heading, as it often heralds a badly written anachronistic splurging of teenagery very unVictorian schmalz, but this is proper gothic Wuthering Heights stuff - lovely! I'm sure I shall read it several times. Love your Holmes - love the desparation and helpless selfishness, and the fact he doesn't shrink away from admitting the cruellty of what he has done. Love your Watson, and how he finally realises the unwitting yet predictable consequences of his actions, and how HE apologises to Holmes on his return. Fab - thank you!
mildetryth chapter 1 . 12/12/2008
cute... unbelievably cute... However did I miss this?
FantasySci5 chapter 1 . 8/16/2008
Wow. Just wow. This was amazing! So much angst, I absolutely loved it. Poor Watson and Holmes. I loved their reunion, although I understand Holmes' reason of leaving, but if I was Watson, I would have been a bit angrier. lol But no, this was awesome! I loved every word! Please, *PLEASE* write more Holmes/Watson slash, for the love of this pair, and how cute not only their friendship is! :D
Nunewesen chapter 1 . 8/13/2008
Hello!

Well, I must tell you that I often declare I do not believe in the homoerotic aspect of their relationship, as long as the canon is concerned. Not that I would mind, do not get me wrong on that!

Anyway, I do believe in their love, whatever form it may have.

So, this is the very first time I am reading a SH fanfic that is more than just subtly slash - and you've really gripped me with it!

My compliments, this is really beautifully done! The question of man loving man or man loving woman ore woman loving woman... it just kind of dissapeares. The question of gender is not a real issue anymore. What remains, is the question of love, and you have created a really touching love story here.

I will return to my understanding of the canon, later, I assume. But right at this moment, I am about to believe almost every word you've written here.

Thanks and regards,

Susa
Chewing Gum chapter 1 . 12/15/2007
THIS is why I need to remember to check the R section every once in a while.

No slash writer truly enjoys dealing with Watson's marriage and the Hiatus usually turns into a damn angst-and-sex fest, and yet you've conquered both of them with absolute grace. Nicely done.

Mycroft's always been a fave of mine so I was pleased to see him as an absolute doll in this fic. He, and everyone else, is wonderfully in character. My biggest pet peeve in SH slash is authors who twist everyone so out of shape all that's left is the names. You retain ACD's personalities in minute detail.

I look forward to more of your work, and have been reading "Little Merman" on your LJ (which I enjoy throughly as well). Keep your pen to the paper and it will spin worlds untold.