Reviews for For A Good Cause
medchan chapter 6 . 8/31/2013
Beautiful story, loved it.
Cutter12 chapter 6 . 7/31/2013
The opening was quite funny and clever, and then the Angst...The angst part was wonderfully portrayed, you could just feel it radiating off poor Don. And I just loved how clever you made Charlie in this story (not to mention way forgiving ;) ) How he was able to defend himself and survive his harrowing experience was extremely clever. Just how I would imagine Charlie to survive such a situation. :)
And, speaking of 'poor' Don - He seemed to overcome that angst and guilt rather quickly, seeing how he was back to teasing Charlie at the end. :D
Bunny1 chapter 6 . 11/2/2009
Truly amazing. :) LOVE it:) Great job!:)
hyper-swain chapter 6 . 9/4/2009
in my town they have a temp cell set up in the mall where the "inmates" get a chair and phone and are not aloud to leave untill they raise their bail, there is even a "trial " with a judge who sets the bail
mommabear chapter 6 . 6/21/2009
I read all six chapters while nibbling on a whole pint of peach sherbet and half a bag of Cape Cod Potato Chips. By chapter five, I put two or three empty spoonfuls in my mouth before I realized the sherbet was gone and I could stop shoveling it in.

You hit the big red bull's eye with this story. Very little excessive wandering with Don's thoughts repeating what you have already shown us. Showing us personalities and events by using conversation and action/movement. Building suspense (the "up") at the end of the chapter - driving your reviewers insane - loved it. Knowing and respecting your characters - it was not necessary to seriously harm Charlie as his known TV persona is more of the "talking himself out of trouble by understanding the odds against him". Besides, serious injury to Charlie was not necessary to the lesson learned by Don - which, after all, is your plot line. Back to the raw, basic structure - the intent of any story is lesson-learned. All events support this education.

The disclaimer at the end of the story is priceless.

What's next? A script line for Hollywood?
epalladino chapter 6 . 6/20/2009
Excellent story. I loved how you worked this all out and how you had Charlie lecturing math and game theory to hardened criminals in that prison and had Don taking on the whole prison system to find Charlie. Thanks for the interesting read, Beth
Kazuki Landen chapter 6 . 2/28/2008
Phew. I survived all that angst... that was brilliant. I have the best image of Charlie lecturing in the dark...
Kazuki Landen chapter 3 . 2/28/2008
I don't think I can cope with much more angst... really worried about where this is going...
Cupido chapter 2 . 2/18/2008
Wow, I'm getting a Prison Break vibe here, woo! Bring on the angst!
luvnumb3rs chapter 6 . 12/12/2007
Thank you for sharing this story enjoyed very much.
luvnumb3rs chapter 5 . 12/12/2007
So happy to see the brother Eppes an granger getting out of there.
luvnumb3rs chapter 4 . 12/12/2007