Reviews for The Caged Bird Sings
lightofhislife chapter 10 . 8/5/2009
Hope the story is finished soon. I can't wait to read. Chapter ten is excellent.
lightofhislife chapter 8 . 8/5/2009
I am not exactly well-versed in running of morgues at the time (or how they're run now for that matter). Beautifully written. I can imagine these events happening. Your writing is excellent and truly captures the voice I associate with Johanna.
lightofhislife chapter 4 . 8/5/2009
Positively brilliant. This is even better than what I'd hoped to find for Sweeney Todd fics.
andaere chapter 10 . 3/9/2008
Aww... sad. (

I like the last line.

Good job.

Update soon! )
andaere chapter 9 . 1/14/2008
Wow, that was a EXTREMELY fast update! Two chapters in one day! And both good chapters, too.

Aw, the part with mommy and daddy and the morgue was so sad. I wish she had gotten to know her parents, but then again, maybe it's better she didn't. They were both insane.

Johanna's desprateness is kinda scaring me. I'm glad they're getting married though.
Mummy Eats Airplane chapter 9 . 1/14/2008
This is going really well! You've captured Johanna extremely accurately, I think. Please update soon!
Little Mae chapter 8 . 1/14/2008
You write Johanna very 's sometimes hard to write in first person,but you pull it off writing!
BarnOwl93 chapter 7 . 1/12/2008
YAY. 8D I know that's weird to say, but YAY. Johanna freaking KNOWS! This makes me happy even though it actually... turns out... so... sad... Heh. XD Well anyway, I completely agree with you. Why does NO ONE make the connection? Although... shouldn't Johanna be a little upset that she saw (well, heard) her father kill her mother? o_O Or has she not yet made that connection? XD; HOMG, all the Lovett-ness is GONE. D: She's burned and gone by the time they get there, so she's nonexistant in this story 'cept for a scream. x.x Ah, whatever. LOVED this story (It... is over, right?) beyond words. You rock. X3 (Oh, and I was also going to point out that only in the ST fandom can you casually use the word "blood" five times in one paragraph without being annoying or really creepy. XDD)
BarnOwl93 chapter 6 . 1/12/2008
OMGOMGOMG. *dead* I hadn't realized that she was there when they were screaming "BENJAMIN BARKER!" at each other. X_x THAT IS SO COOL. AKJDFDSGL. That fact significantly improves my life. XDD ... NEED MORE. *continues reading* (You're so good at this. o.O I'm completely entranced by this story. XD)
BarnOwl93 chapter 5 . 1/12/2008
O Whoaz. It all makes more sense the way you describe it. XDD I don't know how to explain, but... This is great. XDD *reads on*
BarnOwl93 chapter 4 . 1/12/2008
And thank you for doing so. XD I agree, most make him out as overly naive. As difficult as it must have been, you put "Kiss Me" into dialogue very well, in my opinion. Of course you left a lot out, but then, how could you have kept it in? o.O; Wonderful job. This is like a whole other side of the story that I wish we could've seen!
BarnOwl93 chapter 3 . 1/12/2008
You know, I was aware that this would happen, because I've watched the play AND the movie, but it still disturbs me to my core every time. x.X; DO SOMETHING, ANTHONY! FOR THE LOVE OF ALL THINGS GOOD, STOP HIM!
BarnOwl93 chapter 2 . 1/12/2008
... *kills the Beadle* WTF DID THAT BIRD DO TO YOU? DX You tell 'em, Anthony... er, "young man". XD
BarnOwl93 chapter 1 . 1/12/2008
Hm, the summary and prologue have me captivated. o.o I must read on. XD
andaere chapter 7 . 1/11/2008
This is a great story, and one of the few good Johanna stories I've read. Like The Pixess said, this storyline could be very cliche but you made it a joy to read and beautiful. You have also transformed Johanna from the flat 'damsel in distress' that she always is to a real person, which I am immensely greatful for.

I loved this last chapter, and the one before that. Because Sweeney's in it. D I actually thought her flashbacks were perfectly fine, it was only when you pointed it out I realized it didn't make much sense. But you write so well I wasn't bothered at all.

I've only seen the movie, so love how you described the last scene in this chapter. Although Toby's fate was different in the movie, I'm assuming you're doing it the way they did it in the play, and that's fine with me. I especially love how even when Johanna finds out all about her mother and father, she still loves them. Even Sweeney.

I'm really looking foward to the next chapter! Please update soon!