Reviews for A barber shop story
Ziggy Sternenstaub chapter 1 . 2/15/2009
Genial!

I normally don't really read these sort of buddy Artemis-Jarlaxle stories, but this one was enchanting and clever from beginning to end! I kept waiting for the twist in the story, and was absolutely not disappointed by it! Loved the little 'take the human out of the sunshine, but not the sunshine out of the human' phrase-very clever and I can definitely hear a drow saying this! It does seem that even the perpetually paranoid Entreri can be taken in when he truly wants to believe in someone-as rarely as that might happen!

Jarlaxle's 'barber shop' chatter was ingenious and wonderfully in character, and the ending was nicely ambiguous.

Now I might just have to go read 'Wege unserer Väter'!
Ashen Triskel chapter 1 . 12/21/2007
The story would benefit from an editor to smooth out some usage errors, but the content itself was amusing and seemed pretty well in-character. I've played different scenarios through my mind for Entreri finding out that Drizzt is alive, and this one seems as plausible as any others- naturally, Jarlaxle would want to ensure he wouldn't be immediately engaged in a battle to the death. Holding a razor to his throat works as well as any other insurance.

By the way, you get points for creativity- I've wondered about Jarlaxle's baldness myself. _
Nuitari Aquarius chapter 1 . 11/24/2007
Excellent. I loved it! And I just can't wait to see more and more!

Your way of describing them both was great and so entertaining! I laughed and I laughed again, that was brilliant!
Narwe Silverflame chapter 1 . 11/18/2007
omg... you're a genious... this is pure brilliance!