Reviews for Things as They Are
EuterpeDream chapter 3 . 9/11/2011
I'm guessing it's Shisui since Sasuke wouldn't have known Obito when he was younger :o
Critique chapter 20 . 9/8/2011
I believe that it's a rather interesting story. Most stories don't have have Sasuke go back in time compared to Naruto.

In fact, I like some of the alternate changes made in between, and even the difference between the Old Sasuke and the Alter Naruto. The changes made throughout the story if Sasuke was the one in Naruto's position. Oh, and especially the Kakashi one; like how he would have been like if Obito was alive and well. And Sasuke's reaction to Itachi was almost cannon since it's unlikely he would have heard the truth about his brother if he's still in Oto. Although with the fact that he held so much hatred to his brother, one would think he wouldn't have the necessary restraint to not suddenly jump on Itachi for the kill.

However, throughout the reading I noticed some very obvious plot holes. Like how Sasuke shouldn't have vastly improved with the body he's in. There should have been limits to his body if he's back to being a twelve year-old instead of the one he would have been used to (fifth-teen year-old physique). Unless you have a logical explanation for this one, it would get very confusing for one with common sense. There's also the fact, that some of the scenes were very rushed. For example, the one with Sakura suddenly deciding to take her shinobi career more seriously, it could have used more character depth with a more realistic reason even if she was fan-obsessed. And you could have also went into more depth for the reasons why Sasuke would want to save his teammates. I also think that you should have explained about what happened in the past between Sasuke and Naruto. Like how: why Sasuke would be so concerned about how Naruto had killed him when some of the passages points out that Orochimaru conducting experiments on him his last memory before the time travel. Some situations of the Sasuke before the travel to another universe seems more alternate than the ones in the version he is in thereafter. I believe there should have been more emphasizes in between.

There's also the fact, that some characters just seems to pop out of nowhere and then disappear without much explanation. It makes the story disorganized and disjointed.

I also think that Sasuke would have been more strategical as well. Although, I certainly don't expect him to act like an orange/ramen-obsessed child, I do think he would have been more careful of his surroundings in how he acts. Perhaps it may have been impulse, but some of the moves were exaggerated and unnecessary. It makes the character seemed too overpowered and uninteresting.

The situation of Sasuke's family could have also been explained a little more as well as his introductions to various characters.

Fortunately, I read your note on revising the first few chapters, I hope you get around fixing those spelling mistakes as well as the grammar.

Well, that's all for now. I hope you continue the story as planned and update since I can see the positive improvement from the beginning of the story to now. Whether or not of how you respond to my critique is up to you as it is your story.
Sgwlessiut chapter 20 . 8/14/2011
Sorry, accidentally clicked enter. But, any chances of getting this Off hiatus? It's a really good story, and original too. If there's just no inspiration, It's fine. Just, pretty please?
wrencrank chapter 20 . 8/14/2011
Any hopes of getting this
Wraith chapter 20 . 7/26/2011
Love it, update?
Q3APo chapter 20 . 7/12/2011
though its strange but its good. hope you update soon
Whisper chapter 20 . 5/20/2011
Shugopop chapter 1 . 12/8/2010
interesting
de one how forgot her password chapter 20 . 11/16/2010
I loved the omakes! .

And the story,of course. Please update!
Nafretiti chapter 20 . 9/8/2010
Update please! I love this story!
Username521872 chapter 20 . 8/1/2010
Interesting story to see how Sasuke was would do in a different world. Great story, keep it up!
Khenstrial chapter 20 . 7/16/2010
Aah, is this story abandoned? I hope not, it's adorable and really well written! Please update!
xx QuietContemplation xx chapter 8 . 7/13/2010
I'm not trying to be rude, but as a reader it's a bit confusing. I think you're contradicting yourself a bit. First it says Kakashi notices sasuke's sharingan:

"But he did notice Sasuke's pupils flash crimson red for a moment, then disappear. Sharingan..."

Then in chap 8 it says: "Has he unlocked the Sharingan yet, I wonder?"
526 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 .. Last Next »