Reviews for Infernal Scars
Lovetoread89 chapter 1 . 11/18/2007
Wow, that was moving stuff. I understand a little how Dean feels as last year I suffered from really terrible acne and everyone either stared or looked away in disgust. I realise that this is not much compared to burns, but my point is it's really sad how looks can affect your self esteem so much. Luckily my acne is gone now, but I'll never forget how people used to treat me because of it. Looks have nothing to do with the person you are inside, and it's time people realise this! Anyway here ends my rant, great story, very powerful and really well written.
xain666 chapter 1 . 11/17/2007
scars...m. Dean will always be sexy! ALWAYS U HEAR ME! well, i loved it, i was totally that girl licking and touching his scars. oh yeah baby. whoa now
DiNozzo's Girl chapter 1 . 11/16/2007
Howdy pretty lady,

It must have pained you to write about Dean losing his looks, but then again you do like to inflict pain on poor Dean...

Nice oneshot...

XxDiNozzo's GirlxX
dragynflygrl chapter 1 . 11/15/2007
No, not predictable or corny. Melikes.

Oh, and I just noticed the little piccies show up on reviews now. Hmm, how nifty is that?

*smishes you*
ChristineMichelle91 chapter 1 . 11/15/2007
LOVE IT!
KateCyrus chapter 1 . 11/15/2007
NEVER WRITE AGAIN.

oh wait, I meant the forth option: 'Let me know'

see- it's been so long since I've reviewed you - you've probably forgotten what a terrible pain in your ass I am! remember now?

anyhoo- even though I was all bitchy-like in my beta notes- like I said - it was a good topic to deal with and you handled it well - and I really did like the length and the skipping around the time line. I think all that worked well. Your writing is getting a lot better - not that it didn't rock to begin with - but I think you're getting better at editing your stuff down to include only what you need. Always leave 'em wanting more! (NOTE: this tip works with both your readers... and men)

Thanks for using the two paragraphs I re-worked -it's nice to know you actually listen to me after you beg for my help. D ha! have I mentioned today what a throbbing pain in my ass you are? no? did I mention yesterday?

btw- liked the little sections you changed in the first paragraph I re-worked - nice!

okay love, keep writing!

laters P- - - -
burnmedown chapter 1 . 11/15/2007
This hits close to home for me because my older brother, who was previously VERY good-looking, was severely burned on the face and hands in an explosion a couple years ago. You did a good job here of exploring what that does to a person's self-esteem.

One small nitpick: the scars probably wouldn't be white, at least not for a long time after. (My brother's are still very red more than two years later.) Overall, though, very well done!
deangirl1 chapter 1 . 11/15/2007
I'm so glad that you pulled this out of your folder! It wasn't predictable... Very brave of you to scar Dean's face... Loved how he slowly got some self esteem back... Loved how Sammy said that Dean got his scars pulling Sammy from a fire - just perfect!
Twinchy chapter 1 . 11/15/2007
Very interesting style of writing this story, changing both perspectives between the brothers and jumping in and out of the time frame. Nice conclusion too; after all, it DID happen while saving someone's life!

I also liked the way the boys' thoughts/self-conciousness about the scars changed with time, even though I believe a (slightly) longer story would have done the theme more justice.
Ster1 chapter 1 . 11/15/2007
Wow, what a powerful piece. It's true how life can change dramatically within the space of minutes... Terrific job describing Dean's battle, first with the fire and then with the aftermath, as well as Sam's loyal determination.

Great job!