Reviews for Legacy of the Rasengan III: Chuuten
Mazda Tha Crazy chapter 4 . 8/7/2008
Gaara wanted to be captured?
Admiral Sanchez chapter 8 . 7/31/2008
For reasons not known, I can't sign into any of my accounts. Anyways, good chapter. Could have been longer, but it's still alright. Until next chapter
Dark lady chapter 8 . 7/30/2008
Oh no! Gaara please be ok *wrestles innerfangirl back into her closet* Ignore her -.-' Anyway you have created a wonderful series and I am really looking forward to seeing what happens in this fic.
WhatDothLife chapter 8 . 7/28/2008
Arashi?
The Gemini Project chapter 8 . 7/28/2008
Yet another great chapter. I must say, I am liking your version of Gaara more than Canon's. Your decision to include Arashi/Minato, was a bit of a surprise to me. But it is still a welcome change. Having Arashi as a villain is intriguing to me, because I, like you probably, and a lot of the fans who have been keeping up with the manga, almost had Pein pegged to be Arashi instead of Pein. Then the curve ball, and it's just some kid from Rain who has a god complex now that he's all grown up. But I'm digressing here.

The realization that you have included Arashi and named him as the leader of Akatsuki, as well as Pein, and Tobi (who we now know is supposed to be Madara), it leads to an intriguing power struggle of sorts. It leads me to wonder. In one of your earlier chapters (I think it was actually in the previous story), there was a section of a chapter where one of the Akatsuki was commenting on how he was pissed that someone else was the leader of the group and not him. At first, I thought you were talking about Tobi/Madara, being pissed that Pein was the leader, but now I'm not too sure. Could it have been Pein pissed at Arashi? Or was it Tobi/Madara pissed at Arashi? Interesting, and I'm eager to see how it will play out. But seeing as how you have made Arashi Uber-friggin strong, what with the explosion of chakra, then I can't figure that anyone in the Akatsuki can oppose him, unless Arashi's power is derived from some part of the Nine-tails. Then, in that case, Tobi could defeat him, if that time comes in your story.

And now we have an interesting development. Naruto vs. Kisame, and Sasuke vs. Itachi. I don't think you'd have these fights actually resolve entirely at this point in time (as in either Itachi or Kisame dying), but who knows what you're going to throw at us, lol. I'm excited to see if Naruto's sword is going to possess him like it did in the LotR2. And if it does, and Naruto gives in to the sword's urges, would Kisame's Samehada be able to feed off of the sword's powers? Will you establish a limit to what the Samehada can absorb? One possibility I've thought of, given your story's plotline, is that if Naruto does start to release all of his sword's power (since you are a fan of DBZ, I think, you'll understand where I'm going with this), then Kisame's sword will start absorbing the power of Naruto's, and then Naruto will pull a Goku and give Kisame's too much. In which case, the samehada will then become essentially the same as Babidi's pet, and feed on too much and blow up. I think that would be funny for Kisame's weapon to shatter from an overload.

Also, I can't foresee an outcome that doesn't have Gaara losing the Ichibi. Not at this point. Not unless Chiyo and Sakura make it in time. It'll be interesting to see where you go with this. But I do have one request. Deidara is an amazingly powerful character. Even in the manga, Kishimoto made Deidara amazingly powerful - so much so that Kishimoto even painted his favorite character into a corner to the point where Kishimoto had to actually defy all logic just to make Sasuke survive the battle with Deidara. So please don't cheapen Deidara and make him weak. That's all I'm asking. Thank you.

The next chapter is gonna be very interesting to see where you go with this story. Can't wait. Until next time. Ja ne!

~ The Gemini Project
FictionReader98 chapter 8 . 7/25/2008
Quite a good chapter, with several eye openers and unexpected points.

As for the fights themselves, they were exceptional, as usual. Kankurou's in particular caught my interest since he has appeared to destroy Sasori's Hiruko puppet. Now I'm quite curious as to what Sasori will pull out for his next fight. As for Gaara's fight, I was pleasently surprised to see Deidara use some different tactics (namely his animal army), not that they were too effective, but still. Though I did not expect Gaara to fully pull out Shukaku. Very nice surprise indeed. And if I were to be honest, I had expected Deidara to win this fight, but I'm not complaining that Gaara had the upper hand. At least until the leader intervened and cost the Kazekage his victory.

Speaking of Akatsuki, this chapter certainly answered a few questions for me concerning their roster and leader, though when I read the words "Arashi-kun" I think my brain failed for about five minutes flat. Think someone mentioned this already, but it would seem that this guy is Orochimaru's clone of the Fourth, mentioned in MR. And if it is, then it would certainly shed more light on the story and that there really was a clone of the fourth and that he became the leader of Akatsuki somehow. Of course... this is assuming that the leader is the clone, but since the name "Arashi" was the fanon name for the Fourth for so long, I doubt that it's just a coincidence. Still... only the next few chapters will tell and I greatly look forward to more information revealed on the guy.

As for the rest, it would seem that Pein is second in command. That would explain why he was giving orders and such. Though if Pein and Arashi are partners, it does make me wonder if Konan is around somewhere and if she is a member still. We also see that Tobi is here now (and presumably, he's your version of Madara). And given Pein's statement of "we cannot afford to lose anymore of our members" I would hazard a guess they haven't gotten replacements for both of the Zombie Duo. One apparently (Tobi) but not for both. Interesting. That means that they still have slot open and I wonder if that will be filled at some point in the story. For some reason, I wonder if Kiryoku would. Assuming he survived his sucidial attack in MR, it would be great to see the character again.

Moving on, I was pleased to see that Kankurou managed to grab Gaara and flee, so Gaara may very well survive extraction. Or at least for the moment. Either way, that little bit has certainly grabbed my attention and I look foward to how that will play out.

And to further add to my surprise, both Kisame and Itachi have gone to greet Team 7. Very interesting indeed. I greatly look forward to these fights. Will it be one big melee battle involving all six, or two separate battles? I can hardly wait! I can't help but wonder if Team Gai will be sent as backup or not. Your Team 7 doesn't need it as much and they would be too late to help anyway since the fighting has started already.

And you have my sympathies about your recent loss at your job. I can only wish you the utmost luck as you search for employment again. And I hope you had a Happy Birthday was well.

Superb job and I anxiously await your next chapter. It should be quite thrilling!
maddgolfer01 chapter 1 . 7/24/2008
I really hope that the use of the name Arashi is some sort of ploy to trick the readers into thinking that the Yondaime is the Akatsuki leader by using what was previously thought to be his real name. I may go crazy if another of my favorite fics 'goes Kishimoto' because the author is grasping at straws to advance the plot.

That said, overall it was quite a good chapter, as usual. A few minor spelling/grammer mistakes here and there but nothing that detracted from the reading experience.
Simply Not chapter 8 . 7/24/2008
Well, happy belated birthday. Loved the chapter. Nice birthday gift for yourself! ;P

Can't wait for the next Chapter!
lil-c-girl2218 chapter 8 . 7/24/2008
Ah, happy birthday?

I wish Gaara had enough time to cruch Deidara, he's such a bastard in that arc. But I'm sure he will get his chance...hopefully.

and oh, a Itachi-Sasuke reunion, dun dun DUN! Mean cliffhanger, by the way.

uhmm, anyways, good chapter, can't wait for the next one!
DarthValgaav chapter 8 . 7/23/2008
sorry to hear that you got fired. plz tell me that soon you will let us know how Sasuke became a jonin while under probation and Naruto never told him he was off (u know what i mean) u could do it in a flashback or something
Neccor chapter 8 . 7/23/2008
Nice sum up of Gaara Diadera take 2. Kankuro's fight was well written, his desperation to save Gaara evidentthrough out the whole fight. Well done on your chapter. Untill next time!
Quiet Moon chapter 8 . 7/23/2008
The containment of battle is getting me fidgety. The fight scenes were well written, yes, but I find myself craving much more climactic moments. I think I'm just getting ahead of myself. On the other hand, one of the battles I am anticipating is the battle between Sasuke and Itachi, even if Itachi isn't actually there; his presence still exists in the battle. All the information that's being unveiled in the manga is leaking into my thought process here, I have to say. I apologize if I sould offending. Including with the previous statement.
wolvknight chapter 8 . 7/23/2008
Great chap update soon. Nice fight scene and whoray for Kank-kun no one ever gives him anything special like being really fast just the puppets D

P.S Sorry about you getting fired :S
memnarch chapter 8 . 7/22/2008
So, wait is Pein not "in charge" of Akatsuki? Who is Arashi, or have you not revealed that yet? Is he the owner of the twin sword of Naruto's, by any chance?

Anyway, good chapter, nice battle sequences and an interesting set up for the next chapter. I look forward to it, as usual!
Sir MIDKNIGHT The Fallen One chapter 8 . 7/22/2008
Very nice work on this chapter. The fight scenes were done well as well as the meeting between Team 7 and Itachi/Kisame at the end. Makes me wait with anticipation for the next chapter.

You had some errors in the chapter though. In the third paragraph, when Gaara's arms changed to stop Deidara's clay animals, I think you meant to say they had serrated edges, not severed edges. Also in paragraph 15, you said when Kankurou was fighting Sasori, he was putting on a false sense of bravo. I think you meant to say bravado. Just thought I would let you know.

Also, sorry about you getting fired. That must really suck.
743 | « Prev Page 1 .. 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 21 .. Last Next »