Reviews for Surfacing
LoyaulteMeLie chapter 8 . 3/27
Different. And very enjoyable!
too-much-inspiration chapter 8 . 8/10/2014
Dreams can be strange and crazy things at times. Thank you for writing and posting this!
Henrika chapter 8 . 12/27/2007
Incredibly insightful view of Malcolm. It was nice to see how he developed his friendships, even if it wasn't by choice. Nice way of dealing with the fear of drowning. Wonderful piece. Keep writing!
Romanse chapter 8 . 12/3/2007
Another one for the Fav Stories list! I loved this story and was completely entertained from beginning to end!

The plot was well-crafted, definitely interesting and thoughtful. I really liked it that it was at the beginning of Trip's, Malcolm's and Hoshi's friendship. The events surrounding Malcolm's illness and the care and concern his friends rendered served as a fascinating glimpse of the fabric of the strong friendship in its early stages.

I adored Malcolm's perpetual reticence that manifested itself in the conversation after his recovery. He'll always be an intensely private man, but at the same time he knew, without doubt, the value of the friendship that saved his life.

What I particularly like about this story is that all of the chapters were well-paced and possessed a sense of completeness in the telling of the tale. The concluding chapter brought a smile to my face - it was the perfectly written end to a lovely h/c story.
Begoogled chapter 8 . 12/1/2007
Good thing Trip got Malcolm to open up, and tell him about the nightmares. And after the treasured reassurance, back to business: Football! I especially enjoyed the focus on the friendship of Malcolm, Trip and Hoshi. Nice!
janib chapter 8 . 12/1/2007
Liked this very much. Nice workout with the mineral causing all the problems. Poor old Malcolm.
Exploded Pen chapter 8 . 12/1/2007
Aww! Brilliant story! I did love this (also it's my birthday so to see it all finished and everything was so full of YAY!) lol

Great stuff!

~*~Exploded Pen~*~
Emiliana Keladry chapter 8 . 11/30/2007
A very good ending. Wonderfully amazing story! Loved every word of it!

Emma
Sita Z chapter 8 . 11/30/2007
I think I liked Chapter 8 best of all; the others were fantastic, too, but this chapter had a great "feel" to it.

As for the prophetic dreams, someone I know had them, too (nothing dramatic like drowning, but she still saw something in her dream that actually happened to her later on), so I'm with Trip on this one - stranger things have happened.

Lovely story, lovely Trip/Malcolm interaction - thanks for sharing!
volley chapter 8 . 11/30/2007
Aw, what a sweet ending! Nice, nice.

And this:

"You kind of have a habit of saying that you're fine, and meanwhile, you've got a pillow on your lap hiding the fact that your leg's been chopped off and you're actually bleeding to death"

was funny! *giggles*

So the mystery of those dreams is not really revealed, but this is fine all the same. The story was good and kept me wanting the next chapter! Thank you for sharing.
LadyRainbow chapter 8 . 11/30/2007
I really enjoyed reading this. So much like Malcolm to try to hide what's wrong...until he can't hide it anymore. Weird dreams, maybe Malcolm's clairvoyant? ;)

And I chuckled at Trip's "let's think like an engineer", tracing it all back to BEFORE the drowning. My husband's an engineer, and he'd do that! LOL!

Mal's lucky he has Trip and Hoshi to help him out. I like Trip's line "I didn't mean for you."

Thanks for sharing! :)
JadziaKathryn chapter 7 . 11/29/2007
Ohh, interesting with the Eisilium. I didn't see that coming!
Romanse chapter 7 . 11/29/2007
LOL - who needs House when you have Trip and Hoshi performing such expert differential diagnotics? : ) Malcolm is very lucky to have such loyal, caring, not to mention smart friends watching his back.

Great job coming up with and explaining the source of Malcolm's problem and then describing the scenes where Malcolm is treated and then responds to the treatment.
Romanse chapter 6 . 11/29/2007
This is my favorite chapter. You've done a fabulous job of making the reader feel Malcolm's sense of confusion and being out of it. Malcolm knows something's wrong but can't do anything about it, and it's disconcerting to him. We feel it too. At the same time, we see and feel the concern of his friends and it's wonderful to visualize them worrying over Malcolm. It's the best of both views and very nicely done.
Sita Z chapter 7 . 11/29/2007
Poor Malcolm, it must be a nightmare, lying awake with all his senses intact, but unable to communicate. At least he seems to be waking up now!

I liked Trip's "engineer's" approach. Sometimes it helps to change perspective; I don't think Phlox would have found out about the Eisilium on his own.

Still enjoyíng this very much!