Reviews for Regression
JustMeP chapter 1 . 3/3/2014
Beautiful story. The characters are spot on and I loved how it was all about the boys brotherly relationship with each other. Will definitely read more stories from you, especially in his verse. Thank you!
severinas.96 chapter 10 . 6/4/2013
aaaand im here again. i really liked this one, poor dean :/
but i adored sam in this one, he was so caring :) and they got really close :)
so thank you for this truly perfect fic :)
usa123 chapter 10 . 12/22/2011
HBKDEANRKO chapter 10 . 12/16/2011
I love the way you write the brothers and Jo and the whole family. You have such talent. Can hardly wait to read more!
elderwitty chapter 10 . 6/13/2010
Shocking, I know.

Chapter One

Who ya gonna call? If you're a Winchester with a problem, the answer is obviously Jo. She can fix almost anything...and if she laughs while she does, well, it's with you and not at you. Very important distinction. (Also? Karma's a bitch with a wicked sense of humor.) Freckles! Blushing! 14-year-old's dignity! Boys wrestling and clothes wrangling! Dean's merchandise! Sweetie, baby, pumpkin, honey. You really do love us, to gift us so grandly. :D

Concrit: 'It's a good think Mom keeps my stuff' should be 'thing', I think? (& I had to retype mine from think to thing, too. :shakes head: Toopid finger switch.)

Chapter Two

Michael Winchester. Dean's charm in a younger (innocent seeming) facade. Why has he not fled to some shady casino to fleece the gr'ups? Though his ego may be smarting still, what with being taken down (if indirectly) by a 14-year-old girl. :smirk: It's funny how teen!Dean's 'fine' is just as reliable in any situation as regular!Dean's. His joy at telling the snowball story, transported back into the moment as only an non-adult can do, is infectious. I can clearly see Sam, gangling away from John, only to realize that the youngsters have the advantage over the oldsters for once. And taking *full* advantage of that advantage, of course. Fun! And then you salt in the first hint that Dean may *not* just be his own self in a younger package. Genius.

Concrit: 'Dean bussed tables' seems to mean he kissed them, per dictionary . com. They say 'bused' is better. I say, "It may be grammatically correct, but that don't make it *better*. Craziest mental picture ever!"

Chapter Three

I'm kind of surprised that Jo is cool with *Sam* staying up so late...those hours can't be healthy for anyone. (Be sure to note the posting time on this, and just…do as I say. Okay? :grin: ) Luckily for Dean's physical (and everyone's mental) health, she's been through this a couple of times already and knows how to manage a growly teen. 'Sgood for him, too, since the only thing he needs more than to be turned back into his adult self is to enjoy this interlude, the only normal adolescence he's had. As for him being in with the fun and popular crowd, why wouldn't he? He's got the know-how and experience to teach those juniors a move or two. (Not that he would-good Lord! Jo could find out!) But they can sense it. Plus he's charming and funny, and that's universal. Poor Tommy - so jealous. Poor Sam - so Tommy.

Chapter Four

It's just an ordinary day. Until it isn't. Good thing there're good folk there to help. And Dean. Damn...not even full grown and still kicking ass. Not decisively, not with that weight disadvantage, but decidedly enough to buy himself some time for Sammy to come save him. Even having read this story six or seven times, my heart is still beating faster during this whole scene. That’s powerful stuff. As is Dean’s fully justified faith in Sam.

Concrit: ‘a fist that connected with his cheekbone, sending him the rest of the way to the floor.’ I think the comma is spare.

Chapter Five

Pulse-pounding excitement, and plenty of it. I’m glad you wrapped it up in one chapter, because I don’t think it could’ve taken much more of that. Always with the tears when Dean can only yell ‘Sammy’. Then you break my heart with Luke understanding what Dean needs but can’t have. And just when all looks okay, a bit of a (quite understandable) flipout from Dean. What it must be like to be unable to defend or rescue himself after being such a tough guy for most of his life…rough stuff. I’m in Karen’s camp on this one. I’m glad the perv is dead.

Concrit: ‘someone as cowered away’ I think there’s a ‘he’ missing.

Chapter Six

Luke gives good advice. Sam’ll appreciate it, when it finally sinks in. Poor Dean – too old to ask for what he needs. Lucky Dean – young enough to just take it. And, as always, the funny bits in the midst of the harrowing situation, ‘cause that’s how real life works, too. Luke, the loud eater WIN! I’m glad to see that Sam is intent on being a good elder brother, now that he’s figured out that he needs to.

Chapter Seven

It’s not really a surprise that Sam’s good at taking care of Dean’s hurts, physical and emotional. It *is* a bit surprising that Dean’s letting him. It must have been the John tone. A Jo hug – he’s nearly half healed already. I think we could all use one of those these days. And then to shun her. Sad. I know Dean has a reason (that he can’t explain in his current state), but that’s still gotta be a blow. As for the social worker – sheesh! I know she has to ask that stuff, but there are better ways to phrase things to a traumatized kid. She wanted smacking.

Chapter Eight

Poor Luke. It *was* silly of him to believe Sam would actually sit it out, but optimism is a good thing. Having to kill a man, even a bad man, is hard enough. But now he has to deal with the aftermath, including paperwork. Luckily, he’s got a Jo to get him through it. And lucky Matt, as Luke shares. Oh, Sam. Oh, Dean. Both so eager to lay claim to the blame, but how could any of them have prevented it?

Concrit: ‘not pinned down by returned fire.’ I think, when a noun, it’s ‘return fire’.

Chapter Nine

Holy wow. Jo in smiting mode is not to be messed with. Good thing Dean did his splainin’. : Michael seems to have picked up a few pointers, as well. I wonder how many times they’ll have to tell Dean it’s not his fault before he reallytruly believes it in his heart? Seems like it’s almost harder to have someone do that on your behalf than it is to do it yourself. Especially as this monster was nominally human.

Chapter Ten

Okay, I need to know what these coddling ‘drawbacks’ are, as I can’t see them. What a good big brother Sam is, giving Dean just the anchor he needs to steady himself. Hm, now I want a hamburger. I wonder why that is. Ah, yes, Sam’s wielding/defiance of John’s voice-of-doom. Takes one to know one. I completely understand Dean’s ambivalence to regaining all his responsibilities – they’re heavy and he’s been hauling them along for quite some time. Trust Sam to make the rite a bit more embarrassing for himself than for Dean. Bwha! Trust Dean to make it more like fun. Perfect ending - Dean assuring Sam that, while he may have been large, he was never in charge.

Concrit: Dean will *never* be too big for Jo to cuddle. Too fast to catch, maybe. grin

Another fabulous job, m’dear. As usual, I want to move to this town and live among these people.
topsell chapter 1 . 10/12/2009
Very nice! I was looking for a particular kind of fic and you wrote exactly what I wanted! Thank you so much!
asdfjkl chapter 10 . 9/22/2009
this was awesome xD go sam! go dean!
asdfjkl chapter 2 . 9/22/2009
i LOVE arrested development! chapter 10 . 9/20/2009
Another fantastic story in this series, again, can't really do it justice with just one review (shouldn't have been so lazy and should have reviewed chapter by chapter, sorry).

Loved how you had Dean de-aged as a teenager rather than a little kid, it worked so well. Him getting kidnapped by a pervert also worked - glad that you didn't take it too dark and didn't have Dean actually get 'assaulted' by him. Both brothers emotions after the rescue were so real. Perfect too how you had the Sweeds react and adjust to teenage Dean, again totally real.

Loved the humour at the end when Dean had to drink half the potion then have the rest of it smeared over him and that he had to be naked for it to work and loved how Sam jumped in too when he realised that it had worked and Dean was back to normal. And great subtle chick flick moment at the end before Dean took his shower.

A brilliant and entertaining read, thanks.
Purrple Kat chapter 1 . 7/24/2009
I like how the story's going so far but Jo's seeming a little out of character with all the pet names. oh well *skips off to read next chapter*
HAMUCHA chapter 10 . 6/14/2009
It ended well!

Good job! Well done.

Although, I expected to read about the Sweeds' welcome to "back-to-adult" Dean. Especially Tommy. I imagined he would be so cute and adorable running to the impala and scooped-up by adult Dean.
HAMUCHA chapter 8 . 6/14/2009
It was an intense chapter.
HAMUCHA chapter 6 . 6/14/2009
(For now, he checked to see how Dean was sleeping, and since his brother didn’t stir when Sam pulled the covers back up over his shoulders, he decided it would be safe to take a quick shower and grab some coffee...

Dean was still dead to the world when Sam entered the room, not stirring at the soft snick of the door as it closed behind Sam.)

Was Dean really ok?
HAMUCHA chapter 5 . 6/14/2009
YAY! Dean's saved! The guy's dead! Sam and Luke came to the rescue and being all protective and gentle!
HAMUCHA chapter 4 . 6/14/2009
(A hand on the waistband of his jeans, tugging. “Please,” Dean gasped, the word out of his mouth before it had even registered in Dean’s terror-frozen mind. “Please.” It escaped him again.)

OMG. Was he gonna do what I think he's gonna do?

(“My brother’s going to kill you,” Dean whispered. It came out of his mouth unbidden. And he almost didn’t recognize his own voice – young and scared. But sure.

The man paused, but didn’t turn before he continued up the steps.

Dean said it again. “He’s gonna kill you.”)

Oh, please tell me you made Sam came in time!