Reviews for Prisoners of Circumstance GuyMarian COMPLETE
elwren75 chapter 12 . 4/29/2009
Oh, this was so good but oh, so bad, so very, very bad. Are they ever going to have an actual conversation and work this all out? Please, someone has to step in and help them somehow! I'm not proud. I'LL BEG. PLEASE!
elwren75 chapter 9 . 4/29/2009
Wow. How will Robin take it? Will he be vengeful? I confess, I'd like to see some weakness in him while we begin to see strength in Guy. You've don'e such a wonderful job. They are both getting frustrated. I understand. So am I!
elwren75 chapter 7 . 4/28/2009
“M…you feel good for a bad guy, Guy.” I think we've all wanted to say that at one time or another. I must absolutely go to bed now, but this will definitely help with the good dreams. If only the writers of the show would consult the fanfiction writers, the world would be better.
elwren75 chapter 6 . 4/28/2009
Well, I wished for something and you granted it. I wanted to know how Guy got into Vasey's service and there it is! The backstory is making me understand and like Guy more and more. And I love that Marian asks for him. What can I say? I am a Guy of Gisborne fan, and yes, sometimes I feel a bit guilty for it, but not that guilty.
elwren75 chapter 4 . 4/28/2009
I love that you thought to make the marriage ceremony more accurate. Kudos from a medieval history major. Hm. I keep thinking I need to turn this off and go to bed, but I need to know what happens next. Lovely . . .
elwren75 chapter 3 . 4/28/2009
Again, wonderful job with the backstory here. Makes me DISLIKE the sheriff even more. There really was something between Guy and Marian and you have really built a great foundation for it here. I'm still wondering though, how Guy got from the clergymen his father sent him to, to working for Vasey. I think your characterizations are spot on, too: with Allan, Guy, Edward, Marian and the Sheriff. You should be very proud of what you've done here.
elwren75 chapter 1 . 4/28/2009
I loved the first chapter (who wouldn't?). I can't wait to read the rest. I love the backstory that you've given to Guy. It explains his actions very well and why he is so intently against the king-and why he is so alone. Its wonderfully written. I've recently become obsessed with all things Ricard Armitage and I've been catching up on RH episodes. This was one of my favorites and you've captured it perfectly. On to the next chapter! Thanks.
whirling dervish chapter 23 . 4/9/2009
That was beautiful! ::sniff:: I could cry. Nice job especially with the lusty bits. I would even enjoy a sequel if it was in the offing.
ivegonenuts chapter 23 . 2/5/2009
That was great! One of the best fan fictions I've read on this site and a few others. Have you ever thought about creating your own characters? I think you could do it. Obviously, that's my opinion, but it's the opinion of an avid reader of all sorts of prose.
Limerence chapter 23 . 12/16/2008
Your story is truly one of the best I have ever read on this site. Your spelling and grammar were perfect, your writing style flowed nicely and was easy to read, and you kept everyone in character at all times.

I particularly enjoyed the way you portrayed the sheriff. His moments were quirky and very funny, because he was kept so wonderfully in character.

Really, really great story. I honestly can't say how much I enjoyed reading it. Congratulations!
Laurel Robinson chapter 23 . 11/6/2008
omg! that was amazing! GREAT writing & story! i totally love guy & marian...they're just so cute and funny together :) they should've used YOUR story for the show...much better...plus the love scenes, ME-OW! haha anyway, great job! just stinks the writers on the show arent this good lol. i like that you're still true to the characters and this story seems totally plausible (which makes it suck cause it's not how it is :[) any thoughts for how season 3 is gonna pan out? i hope my man Guy pulls thru for me in the end & shows to be the good man we all know he is...plus he's SUPER sexy...mhm :D
x-La vie en rose-x chapter 16 . 10/30/2008
i loved this story. i am a new fan of the robin hood series, mainly for richard armitage. i love the guy/marian relationship and unfortuately been spoiled to the finale of season 2. i have 2 episodes left and i don't want to watch them because i know i'll be depressed for a few days after the fact. now, i would have sent you a pm but i don't know how so i was wondering if you could send me the unedited version of chap. 16? i must say the barn scene was absolutely brilliant. wow! love love loved it! you are very talented and please keep writing. btw are you the same spikesbint on youtube? if so i loved the silent robin hood. hysterical. if only it could have happened that way:( anywho, thank you for giving me a lovely story to get lost in. you're awesome. sorry this was so long. take care
Rickmanlover24601 chapter 1 . 10/26/2008
O, I'm drawn into this already. I love the images you conjure up and the way you write.

Great story- shall read more when I'm taking another study break!
Eawynne chapter 23 . 10/23/2008
WOW! I really truly loved your story. I like Guy's character in the show, the goodness that he shows, and really don't like the way Marian uses him-he needs someone to honestly show him love and lead him to what he could be, in my opinion. I think you did a GREAT job with a "what if" sort of thing, the characters are consistent, the plot is strong and everything is worked out well in the end-nothing hanging and it makes sense.

As a writer I sometimes don't finish a fanfic that I start reading because it either starts well and then falls apart completely (I read these for fun, I don't like to critique, but I do want some level of quality) or it just isn't well written at all.

I have to say you have done a very good job on this story, the characters are true to themselves, you've done some research on the era, and your plot stays together and there are no loose ends or rabbits out of the hat at the end of the story.
Carrie chapter 23 . 10/21/2008
Absolutely brilliant! I've been following this story since you first started it, and it has been marvelous every step of the way! Hope you're feeling better.
244 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 13 .. Last Next »