Reviews for Reflection
whitealmond chapter 1 . 2/25
This is the Tousen story I was searching for. Beautiful character study, and I totally agree - Soul Society hardly held justice, and so to his eyes (no pun intended), it had to be remade. I really get why he joined Aizen now.
AizensMaiden chapter 1 . 1/19
Very nicely and poignantly written.
DestinyKitten48 chapter 1 . 4/14/2013
"Tousen Kaname had never thought to look into a mirror, so he had no way of seeing the monster he had become."
This part, the very ending, is what got me. Te rest of it was wonderful but the ending...
It was just so powerful.
Wonderful job!
Proper the Incredible chapter 1 . 2/23/2013
I loved this chaper, LOVED it. Great job!
Lord Of Metroids chapter 1 . 10/13/2010
Wow just wow.

You did somthing that I thought was impossable, you gave Tousen a sane reason for what he does. I actualy kind of feel sorry for the basterd now.
Summer night love chapter 1 . 5/14/2010
Very nice! Thank you for the will written fic about Tousen I really like it. It is too bad that there isn't that many good Tousen fics. Keep the good work.
Sassy Lil Scorpio chapter 1 . 2/11/2010
I really enjoyed your fic about Tousen. It was very well-written and thoughtful. How interesting it is, that you used a mirror as a means to show the reader that Tousen cannot his actual reflection, in more ways than one. I liked reading your take on the character, on what he experienced as a blind young boy and man, his friendship with the woman, and why he joined Aizen. Your last sentence is phenomenal. Great job!
Noey chapter 1 . 1/24/2009
wow. I mean wow. I never paid too much attention at Tousen really. (when there's gin next to him why bother?) but this really portraits him i think. It makes you understand him
PrincessAmioKi chapter 1 . 8/18/2008
Beautifully written...to look within ones own soul and find the wisdom to write this piece from the characters perspective is indeed an inspiration. BRAVO!
9shadowcat9 chapter 1 . 8/15/2008
Deep. This is amazing!
TrueFangirlYayMe chapter 1 . 7/23/2008
This has got to be the best story ever. You rock for writing this. Tosen is one of my favorite characters so to find s story about him that is so perfect is wonderful.
Serene Ice Dragon chapter 1 . 3/1/2008
Wow, that was really good. I feel bad for Tousen. I really like him and I hope he goes back to Soul Society in the end. It must be really tough being blind. Reading this made me think about how people in real life have to deal with it, and I can't imagine not having my sight. Nice to see a something all about Tousen!
The Neliel Tu chapter 1 . 2/8/2008
Hm, there really is not a lot about Tousen. He's interesting, you know? And I think this really suits him, even though I have no clue about him...

And there are too many Aizen and Gin fics...ugh...

I want to know Gin and Tousen's motivation for following Aizen. I don't care about their actual relationship.

But this has to go on my favorites! Because I think it's quite good.

DRC.
you keep tugging at the leash chapter 1 . 12/8/2007
Very nice! I like introspective Tousen fics, because it allows us to see a side of him that we never really see in the actual series. I have a feeling Tite is going to give us Tousen's reasoning behind sort of "betraying" Soul Society - he's not the kind of jerk who would never real something like that eventually - but as for now, it's interesting to speculate. Tousen isn't stupid, he has to know that Aizen isn't exactly a teddy bear, but as we've seen time and time again in the series, Aizen is a very manipulative guy. It would be easy to see where he might be able to bend Tousen's will in a very subtle way. Tousen HAS to know this, because he isn't stupid, but he's going along with it anyways, which I find extremely interesting. I heard a line in a song once, "I've seen what I was and I know what I'll be/I've seen it all, there is no more to see", and this fic immediately made me think of it - I think that he is willing to sacrifice his own purity to a great extent in order for what he perceives to be the greater good (and, probably, to mash down all the bad feelings he has about his past - he can't have had an especially nice childhood), and you reflected that well, I think, in this fic.

I enjoyed reading it. Thanks for sharing! )
Swordsoul2000 chapter 1 . 11/30/2007
nice. nicely illusturates Tosen and what modivates him. loved the last line. every time i think of him now, i think of what he tells Grimmjow in episode 121, "justice without a higher cause is slaughter, but slaughter with a higher cause is justice." that one statement makes all his previous lines about how he hates battle and loves peace, complwtely hypocritical, in my opinion.

blind justice without mercy is unstable, running down into darkness, and becoming tainted by that darkness, until it is completely unreconizable.

good story. made me think.

write more like it soon