Reviews for Not to touch the earth
TolkienGirl chapter 1 . 1/19/2014
I know I'm going to love this!
wild wolf free17 chapter 11 . 7/29/2008
So adorable!
FeistyFeral chapter 10 . 6/18/2008
“Of course, we can’t hold your son entirely responsible-“ (What did Dean do this time? I thought...never mind.) the tone of his voice suggested he rather regretted that “- but he will be suspended for a week or so.”

John grimaced. That sort of thing would probably go on the boy’s permanent record.-Why would John care about Dean's permanent record? Sure, as a parent, I'd be royally pissed, but Dean never really showed an interest in school as far as I know...

This kind of situation was what they'd had in mind when they'd invented words like 'debacle' or 'fiasco'. (Oh god S)

He pushed open the door to the classroom his sons were waiting in, and glared at the culprit.-'Sons'? Why are they both there?

“Any defense to make, or do I send you straight to the firing squad?”-At least he has a sense of humour about all of this. That's more than I would have ever hoped for as a kid if I had done anything like that!

“Dean bet me twenty bucks I wouldn’t do it,” Sam said sulkily, as if his big brother had forced him into accepting the bet.-Aahahaha!

“You weren’t supposed to take me seriously!” Dean yelled indignantly.-Already fightin like an old married couple. This is just a preview of the future for John.

John tucked his hands into the pockets of his jeans and tried very very hard not to laugh.-I would have failed. I would have been laughing so hard, wiping tears away and doubled over D

It turns out that I reviewed some of these oneshots before. I'm not actually losing my mind, which is comforting to know ;)
FeistyFeral chapter 9 . 6/18/2008
Remorse? Maybe that’s a better word. He’s not sure.-easy there, Francis ;)

For you, or Dad, the things I’m willin’ to do, or kill, it scares me, man.-I think that if any of us were confronted with that kind of situation we would surprise/scare ourselves and maybe those around us.

Was the title from an Oasis song?
FeistyFeral chapter 6 . 6/18/2008
“All right,” Sam says, sitting down opposite his brother in yet another seedy bar, “I gotta know.”

Dean can’t help the grin. “Dude. Didn’t I make you have this conversation with Dad when you were, like, eleven?”-Cue the inppropriate humor ;P

Anyway, I spent all morning in the library!”-What was her name?

“And then spent the afternoon in the assistant librarian’s bed,” Sam retaliates. (Aaha! That explains it!)

(he’s checking out the barmaid, for cryin’ out loud!)-I would expect nothing less ;)

Dean frowns at him. “Do I have to?” he asks.

Sam sits gaping for a moment or two while his older brother watches him quizzically.

“Oh,” he says at last.

Now Dean just looks amused.

“Duh,” he says. “You want another beer?”

“Please,” Sam says automatically, already hauling his laptop out again.-I'm a bit confused at this ending. Care to take a moment to explain it to this dense reader? lol...
FeistyFeral chapter 5 . 6/18/2008
Sometimes you feel like there are two of you, two different people sharing the same body.-So true. It's like code switching; we all do it (using one set of vocabulary for one person/group then changing it completely omitting/changing words/phrases, etc.)

Then, she can be pretty mean. Her tongue’s sharper than a guillotine, some days, towards some people. She might paint like an angel, but she has an unfortunate habit of laziness that’s only conquered by impending deadlines and sheer enthusiasm for the subject of the deadline. She hates deception and underhandedness, but when you told her that there were some things about you you’d rather keep to yourself and no amount of fighting is going to change that, she smiled.-Thank god! Someone that ddn't portray her as the perfect person; an absolute angel. Those stories frustrate me because everyone has bad days, everyone snaps, everyone has their little imperfecions.

This Sam Winchester scopes buildings out when he first enters them and knows the exact position of the back door to every diner he eats in. This Sam Winchester can shoot straight with any weapon you’d care to offer him, shotgun or rifle or .45. This Sam Winchester can use a knife with equal facility, although he’s not quite as fast as Dean. This Sam Winchester can stitch wounds and track people through the woods. This Sam Winchester can hustle pool, and become anyone he can imagine simply by putting on a different attitude before he leaves the house in the morning.-This Sam Winchester is MUCH more impressive than the other one! Almost anyone could go off to schooland do what he did, not everyone can do the thing listed above.

I'm going to be honest. At first I didn't like this, I went on to being a bit confused then had an 'aha!' moment and liked it )
FeistyFeral chapter 4 . 6/18/2008
He’d missed it so many times – too many. First while at Stanford, and then, once back on the road, he’d been too consumed with his grief for Jess, his battle with his supposed destiny. But since Cold Oak, and Dean’s stupid ridiculous deal, he was determined not to miss it again. It was too precious for that.-Damn right! lol I'm sure Dean missed it during those years too...(

The tradition had started when Sam had been six, crawling into Dean’s bed one night after a nightmare. (Aww!) He’d done it again at seven, thinking waking Dean up at 3 a.m. would be the surest way to annoy him, (typical little sibling logic) and by the time he’d been ten, the routine was firmly established. (and Dean probably loved's probably something he treasures.)

It might have been dark, but he could feel the scorching heat of Dean’s glare.-I'm sure it was only half-hearted )

“Go back to sleep, Sammy,” Dean said, trying to sound irritated.-'Trying' being the key word of that statement. He loves it. I just know it ;P
FeistyFeral chapter 3 . 6/18/2008
"I think I’m speechless," John Winchester announced to the kitchen at large.-Whoa! John..speechless? What did he do? I would have thought that John would hav just yelled, as any normal parent would have done...but then again, when have the Winchester's ever been 'normal'?

Taking any kind of medicine was something Dean preferred to avoid at all costs-I'm with Dean on that one. I'm not a fan of medicine at all, unless it's an absolute necessity.

So when he decided I was this week’s victim of choice…”-i'm sure Dean was bimming with pride...and John too, although he probably wouldn't have let it show. ;)

“Yes, Sammy, I know all that, but did you have to do it in front of the staff room windows?”-Ahahaha! In front of the staff roo windows? Rookie mistake; something Dean probably wouldn't have let him live down for a while.

Dean reached for the second bottle, but John slid it across to Sam, whose jaw dropped.-Along with mine!

“If you’re old enough to drive and break peoples noses…” his Dad said, mouth twitching.-See? John really does have a sense of humour...and he's proud. At least that's what I'm telling myself and you can't stop me! P

John glared pointedly at the cough mixture. *gags*

This was cute. Sam's passage into becoming a man ;) I'm sure he would look back fondly on that particular memory. )
FeistyFeral chapter 2 . 6/18/2008
Taste-a haunting description...
FeistyFeral chapter 1 . 6/18/2008
I could have sworn that I reviewed these...I would have been wrong.

1. The food he eats. If we’re going to dignify all that grease by calling it “food”.-Aw! I have to admit Dan DOES eat a lot of greasy food!

2. His music. He’s had two close calls with them that Sam would give anything to forget, but he can still listen to Blue Oyster Cult’s “Don’t Fear the Reaper”?-It's a great song! If I had a close call with death, I'd still listen to that song! P

3. His utterly inappropriate sense of humour. Reminding that frat boy that some alien made him its bitch! Sam sometimes wonders if Dean actually liked the Trickster.-But it's one of the things I love about Dean's character. It's completely inappropriate at times (okay, most of the time) but it's almost always hilarious! Like when Hendrickson said "I shot the sheriff" and Dean said, "But you didn't shoot the deputy" It made me laugh because I thought of that exact phrase...that song has some great memories attached to it!

4. His uncountable and indiscriminate… amorous encounters. It’s not a crime to actually feel something for a girl, Dean!-But Dean wouldn't be Dean if he didn't check ou anything in a skirt, heels, jeans, t-shirt, shoes..I think you get my drift. ;)

5. That pretense he puts on that he’s not as smart as he really is. When Sam first got back from Stanford, Dean had no problem helping with the research. These days he acts like he can’t even spell the word.-THANK YOU! A lot of stories/people think Dean's stupid, but he's not. I really don't agree with that; if he were as stupid as he makes himself seem, he wouldn't have lived very long.

6. His unquestioning acceptance of Dad’s orders. Dean Winchester, hunter, thief, card sharp and Casanova, with the ultimate I-couldn’t-give-a-damn-what-you-think-about-me attitude, obeying someone else’s every word as if it were God’s law?-But when you grow up with that much responsibility, it's a relief to have somene tell you what to do. Trust really is. (Not that my mother was killed by a demon, I've had to raise my little brother, have had to hunt supernatural creatures, etc.)

7. His smart-ass façade. They both know it doesn’t fool Sam in the slightest, so why does he still do it?-It's comic relief. A defense mechanism. It helps him cope with these really huge, intense situations/emotions

8. The way he fits in everywhere he goes. He’s like a chameleon, always changing. Sam spent four years at Stanford and he still couldn’t manage it.-I'm jealous of that too...I can't just fit in where ever I go. Sometimes I wish I could.

9. His cynicism. Why can’t he believe that there’s good in the world as well as evil? Why can’t he see that when his whole life, hell his very existence, is proof of it?-I'm in voilent agreement with you one this one. Dean and Sam are proof of goodness in a broken world. But still, growing up and living through what he has and doing what e's had to do I would probably be the same...or in a padded room.

10. His selflessness. Sam knows he’ll never be able to make Dean see that it’s OK to be selfish sometimes, that Dean deserves to want and have some things for himself. But that won’t stop him trying.-This is a characteristic that I love/hate. Sometimes I'm like 'Wow, I wouldn't have been able to do this/that' but other times I'm sitting there going, 'Dean! Just do this for yourself! You're entitled!'

Great list! I would have thought Sammy himself wrote it ;)
NC Girl chapter 10 . 6/7/2008
Another short story that just made me SMILE!
wild wolf free17 chapter 10 . 6/5/2008
You had me going, there! *giggles*
PhoenixDragonDreamer chapter 9 . 5/5/2008
Fan-freaking-tastic! I loved all of these drabbles dear! You must send more!

FeistyFeral chapter 8 . 4/21/2008
I'm reviewing as I read:

Those jeans at the top there, he’d been wearing those on the last hunt he’d ever been on: a spirit in South Carolina. And the t-shirt underneath them, Dad had once used to carry a cursed necklace, and somewhere in there was the jacket Sam had been wearing the first time he’d been injured on a hunt – a poltergeist had broken two of his ribs.-
wild wolf free17 chapter 9 . 3/7/2008