Reviews for My Ring, My Past, My Edmond
Aria Breuer chapter 1 . 4/1/2013
It's been years since I've read the book, which I found very good too, and I've only seen parts of the movie, so far. Still, this helped me understand Mercedes better, at least how she felt towards Edmond.

Good work. This gives me another reason to re-watch the movie, and re-read the book.

-Aria Breuer
swfan101 chapter 1 . 12/9/2012
Beautiful
They-Want-Me-To-Tap-Dance chapter 1 . 7/27/2012
Oh, aren't they both just lovely, the book and the film? This may be an old story, but I find it really nice to read. It makes me want to read Monte Cristo all over again! The weight of that book in my bag was so comforting for the longest time, and then I was suddenly done! D: I find it interesting that the ending of the book is so different from the movie. Book, Mercedes rejects him because she feels wicked and unfaithful, movie she still loves him after all their years apart and all is well...DAMN YOU, HOLLYWOOD! I think there is even an abridged version of Monte Cristo... por que?
ElizabethAnneSoph chapter 1 . 12/14/2011
Wonderful wonderful and very good! You are right both the movie and the book is brilliant!
Greenmimosa chapter 1 . 5/21/2011
So long years ago I read the book, but I still love the Count. His style, his sentences was that what inspired me to read further books which were written by Dumas.

Now, I'm 20 years old, undergraduate here, in Hungary, and I cannot stop :). I love much better Dumas-books than that coursebook, what i should know by heart. At the university, my teachers why don't make an exam about The Count of Monte Cristo? But for me, it will be so easy. My grade point average will be the best :).
calebonyqt chapter 1 . 2/16/2009
This is beautiful. Thanks!
jak chapter 1 . 2/11/2009
i really liked this, especially the end!
dancingpiggy chapter 1 . 9/1/2008
wonderfully done i love it

dancingpiggy
Ilse O'Hara chapter 1 . 7/12/2008
This was great! I love the Count of Monte Cristo, both in film and text, although the film version sure twisted around some of the events of the book, but I like the film ending more than the book ending. I loved the inclusion of quotes as well! Awesome work!
Togira Ikonka chapter 1 . 6/20/2008
I really like it. its been awhile since i've seen the movie or read the book, but it has most definatly been one of my favorites and you definatly did justice to it!
Krickee Thompson chapter 1 . 3/6/2008
It was nice to see the story from Mercedes' viewpoint. She comes across as a strong woman, not some simpering heroine waiting for life to happen to her. I liked that in her in the movie; you captured that well.

Great job. It would be nice to see you write a piece that continues the story of the cannon characters. How about a story about Albert as he grows to know his father? How about how Edmund adjusts to life now that revenge is gone? You write well, I am sure that you could do these wonderful characters justice.
Sara chapter 1 . 1/6/2008