Reviews for Simplification
mabidiso chapter 1 . 7/3/2012
You do Kabuto so very, scarily well. Reminiscent of Sakura's processing of what Sai is. Favorite will be, forever and ever, Hyuuga language, though.
Blue Flyhight chapter 1 . 10/22/2011
Wow. You really captured Kabuto's character. Simply my favorite fic with him.
Nukumi chapter 1 . 7/30/2011
Another review for your ridiculously fantastic portrayal of Kabuto because I can't get enough of him as the King of Ambiguity. Conditional truths and indecisions make for such an intriguing character. I swear you write him better than Kishimoto, which doesn't even make sense, but there you have it. I adore your logic.
Moth Gypsy chapter 1 . 10/20/2009
Hm. Ive never liked Kabuto, but I guess maybe I do. Especially after reading the one about Soubi, they're similar characters, and your writing is so insightful. Every sentence seems so thought out, and so important, and so interesting, I really cant believe you dont get more reviews :c but I guess that ffn for you.
QuietDragon chapter 1 . 7/14/2009
This is perfectly in-character and very well written.

I especially like that you nailed that it's so much more complicated than him telling lies. They're all true, in their own way, and simultaneously more complicated than a thousand lies.

The innkeeper is grateful. He waves off the expenses for the lumpy pillows and cheap yaki that wasn’t worth the money in the first place, which amuses Orochimaru and leaves Kabuto feeling dry-mouthed with unvoiced cynicism.

... Not an important detail, but I do love little things like this. I was certainly amused.

But then he would be seen forever as - as what? Hero? Villain? A stray either way, with no one to direct his destiny for him. Marked as Orochimaru’s tool forever, he would never be able to progress without that stigma hanging over his talents: the apprentice who betrayed even the worst of monsters, turning on not one, but two Akatsuki masters.

This illustrates exactly why I've always felt he couldn't betray Orochimaru, just as we see later in the manga, he is entirely lost without him.

He strove to not be seen as an animal by the world around him.

A long time ago, Kabuto had laughed at the futility of that.

He hasn’t laughed in a while.

That sure explains Kabuto's gratitude towards Naruto, far better than the manga did, I think.

Perfectly in-character Kabuto. A very interesting read, not to mention beautifully written.

Sunshine Smile chapter 1 . 11/29/2008
The beautiful description, I love it. You're really good at writing Kabuto. I might just request Coco-Minu to write a Kabuto now, because she writes so well too and I'm sure that it will add to this one good story I have found of all the Kabuto ones. Hoorah.
i AM the Random Idiot chapter 1 . 9/18/2008
I love this. You captured his character so perfectly. I loved the scene with him waking up crying and not knowing why-beaautiful, and moving, in a way.

:D
Welcome to the World chapter 1 . 6/5/2008
Great read. Kabuto is a very complex person to fanfic about.
Animeaddict666 chapter 1 . 2/13/2008
What a wonderful analysis of Kabuto's character. You do such an amazing job with the many facets of his personality and his work. Great insight. I really enjoyed this.
eat.sleep.squee chapter 1 . 12/24/2007
Some medication and therapy, and he'll be fine.

We hope. :)

Great story. I love how you wrote it.
quotidienne chapter 1 . 11/24/2007
Oh.

This is kind of really very good. By which i mean you got Kabuto down completely correctly, and the story flows well and the logic is sound, you don't lose yourself in it and go overboard. The story is fantastic in its simplicity, as it reflects Kabuto's internal stirring towards a real identity of his own very well.

Overall, this is frankly superbly impressive.
Kyoshi7989 chapter 1 . 11/21/2007
luff it. you captured kabuto's presonality amazingly well.

favorited!
Mogeta7 chapter 1 . 11/20/2007
i love the way you write kabuto :3 this was really good! (lol obfuscation)
P'tfami chapter 1 . 11/18/2007
Note the irony in the title. I prefer drabbles over most stories due to the attention devoted to character studies in the former. I like the simplicity and reasoning behind this character sketch that has drawn at least a fair portrait of Kabuto's complexity. Good work.
otterwarrior16 chapter 1 . 11/18/2007
Very nice story. A nice inlook on Kabuto! :)