Reviews for Lily's Charm
AllCatsAreGrey88 chapter 11 . 12/7/2007
I had an idea that Severus was going to Eileen's house! I'd hoped he would do something like that. I couldn't imagine being threatened by my own mother, or lied to, even. She deserved what she got, absolutely.

You wrote the 1981 one bit really, really well. I really felt for him. Of course, the whole chapter is wonderful, but especially the first part. :) I hope that Severus and Harry are able to form some sort of healthy relationship!

Again, awesome job! The story's coming along so well! Keep it up, ObsidianEmbrace.
shadowsfriend chapter 11 . 12/7/2007
I was busy all day yesterday,and printed the last chapter to read it at work, I couldnt wait until I had access to the internet again, this last chapter was absolutely great and now I allready found a new one. Wonderful chapter again, I was wondering if Eileen was still alive. Im impatiently waiting for the next chapter now, but I dont want to rush you. I have only one wish, dont let them ,(Harry and Snape)reconcile too quickly, theres too much past between the two, to let this go quickly. How Snape treated Harry all this years is not easy to understand and to make believable, when he loved his son so very much, it was the same boy, neverthless. Thanks for writing and spending your time.
ImKim chapter 11 . 12/7/2007
Well I'm thoroughly enthralled. I can't wait for more. I like Harry's maturity mixed with his unstable moments. I love Remus and am intrigued about Draco. Hermione, Ron and Dumbledore are well done, too. So far the storyline is great and I'm waiting on pins and needles for the resolution you promised. Good Story!
bookall chapter 11 . 12/7/2007
Oh i love what you did with this - i would have expected Snape to crucify his mother but i like your way better - much more fitting! Please update soon as i can't wait to see what other suprises you come up with . Harry is waiting... and so are we lol
teddylonglong chapter 11 . 12/7/2007
Two excellent chapters again :-). I have to admit I skipped a bit through the 'past part', but nevertheless I liked both chapters, and I'm curious if and how Severus will approach Harry now.

Please update soon :-)
whimsical-elegance chapter 11 . 12/7/2007
Wow... This is so good!

I read this at potions and snitches too, but here, it's updated! So, please update soon! I want mushy family scenes between the two of them!
Snapesthe1 chapter 10 . 12/6/2007
Ah! It's really not nice to make your readers scream at you every chapter:) Tortured Snape and Determined, calm, but rejected Harry...lovely...but not for too much longer?
Myrddin48 chapter 10 . 12/6/2007
I am so happy to finally find an original Severitus! Lately, they have all been repetitive and just slightly overdramatic. You've done an amazing job of keeping Severus and Harry from getting too OOC as well as presenting a believable story. Update soon!
maraudersbanana chapter 10 . 12/6/2007
aw, poor harry.

please update soon
ladypiton chapter 10 . 12/6/2007
Finally all is explained.

Harry is a complete moron,he would have seen all the memories before!

And Severus,a wizard,don't prepare a potion or perform a charm to make sure of Lily's honesty!

Is true,rage blinds(and imbecilic behavior is contagious...)

I love you for update so soon,please go on.
UnbrokenLoyaty chapter 10 . 12/6/2007
ok... you have my attention.
bookall chapter 10 . 12/6/2007
OMG! You can't leave it there - i presume if Snape's mother is still alive she won't be for much longer lol.

This is very well written, and i love the way you portray the characters. Harry is able to reflect on things, even if he does jump in headfirst mostly and i really think you write Snape amazingly well.

Keep up the good work, and don't leave us hanging for too long please - pretty please with Snape on top...
GalynSolo chapter 10 . 12/6/2007
Who's up for smacking Snape?
AllCatsAreGrey88 chapter 10 . 12/5/2007
What a place to end it! I want to know where Severus has gone! Though, I think that maybe I already know. :D Maybe. Anyway, what a brilliant chapter! Really, this is probably one of the best, most interesting stories I've read on this site, and I'm not kidding. You are extremely talented, very gifted. You make everything seem so real. I feel so badly for Severus, Lily and Harry, especially Severus. Poor man.

I hope you update again soon, ObsidianEmbrace! This is a wonderful story that everyone should read. Very well done.
Reader chapter 9 . 12/5/2007
Hello there! Very interesting story. I am enjoying it. Can't wait for the next chapter and how Severus is going to react.

One of the reviews on P&S mentioned they felt Harry was being too forgiving. I disagree. In canon, Harry does have a temper but his anger always seems reasonable given the high stress/emotions of his circumstances. Here, his reasons for not wanting to learn occlumancy were certainly understandable.

I tend to dislike stories that show him as an overly defiant temper-tantrum-throwing immature teen. I actually felt in canon Harry's character was mature (for his age)and quite forgiving - especially once he understood the other persons motivations. Harry felt empathy for Snape when he looked in the pensieve, Draco up on the tower and even a bit for Voldemort when he learned of his childhood. Anyway, I am sure you won't be turning him into a spiteful grudge holding (canon) Snape-like character based on anyones review but I wanted to add my opinion.

Thanks for the story!