Reviews for Fragments
TrapperII chapter 1 . 11/25/2008
I hadn't read this one yet. I really liked it. You have a poetic style that isn't pretentious. Part VI was the best bit. I couldn't tell if she really was there at the end or if she was an illusion (and I imagine you wrote it that way on purpose). I love that uncertainty.
Kyrene once Blood Roses chapter 1 . 12/21/2007
Perfect perfect perfect. I love your writing, I love this. Just the way you did this and everything, it's awesome. Please, Keep Going!
tiflissa chapter 1 . 11/19/2007
Hooray! New stuff from Reka! *happy dance* I'm not sure if I've mentioned this lately, but I SO love you. ;-)

But he gave her away.

I love this line. It's so true, and so fitting for House to think something like this about Cameron.

(A whole man? Get real. You're piecemeal. A man is the sum of his fragments. He's been diced, sliced, skewered, split open. He's stitched togetherby an amateur - the scars are like spider webs. A study in jagged edges.)

Ouch. It's blunt, but at the same time, very poignant - not an easy feat, but you manage it with a grace that would leave me fumbling.

This is a lovely insight into how House might feel inside. I just fell completely in love with this part.

The truth is, the only reason he dared to ask Cameron out is because he finally has something to offer his naive atheist: a chance for a normal life.

Again; I fell in love with this part, too. It says something I really believe he was thinking during that scene. He thinks since he's physically 'whole', he can offer her something he thinks he couldn't before.

And the moon plays tricks on him. Rounding a corner he slows, clutching his leg, and sees her in a puddle of rain. Her hair long and brown, arms folded across her chest, head tilted up at him, his skinny brunette.

Her mouth moves. House reads her lips before a ripple fractures her image.

She says, "Ask me again."

Okay. This ending is quite possibly the best thing I've ever read. I adore your writing, and I don't think I tell you that enough. *loves you* :D
SilvaK chapter 1 . 11/19/2007
This is different from your usual style indeed...I liked it...It was like watching a slide show...Different places,different thoughs yet the same man and around the same one subject,one woman...Little pictures,snapshots of his life and his downfall...The first one was utterly erotic,the second one purely lust and primal desire,the third one the beginning of the end and then the actual end,hiding hope...wonderful work...I'll be waiting for the next chapters of both of your stories...Hope you are well,bye for now...
randombitsofnothing chapter 1 . 11/18/2007
Frigging great. I loved it. I liked how the lay out you've used for this so far. Having House in different places as he has different thoughts with everything he sees, with every second the pain in his leg begins to come back. I loved it, continue PLEASE. I will be eagerly anticipating. ;)
xyber116 chapter 1 . 11/18/2007
Interesting. I liked it. I liked the semi fractured feeling that you get from the breaks that you put in.
jess23scott chapter 1 . 11/18/2007
Okay, don't have the time to log in... But I so wanted to say WOW. It's been a long time since I've read something that good. I have to say that I really loved it. You totally kicked some ass here. *smile and shrug*

The last part made me want to read more of your work...

Well done, hope to see more from you...

Jess
an-ocean-in-the-sky chapter 1 . 11/18/2007
I know I already reviewed, but... Did you add this part in the parenthesis? I don't remember it at LJ. Anyway, I love this section too. Smooth operator indeed. Can't wait for the next section.

Instead he fumbled, asked her out, actually asked, Do you eat? like an idiot, as if he hadn't sat across from her at Cafe Spoletto and watched her nibble ravioli like a sparrow. When she faltered, failed to fawn over him, he told her she was full of crap.

A smooth operator. That's me. House shakes his head sending sweat flying in the chilled air. He jogs in place waiting for a light to turn green, wishing he'd brought his Johns Hopkins sweatshirt, wondering if he'll ever be warm again.