Reviews for A Stolen Moment
Blessington chapter 3 . 12/6/2007
Loved Badguys! loving your take on the episode. :)
marbleC chapter 3 . 12/6/2007
Great chapter. Really like how you wrote Vala's inner conflict in this one.

Keep up the good work. Can't wait for more.
Enajnitram chapter 3 . 12/6/2007
:) glad you didn't stop after ch 1.
Khentkawes chapter 3 . 12/5/2007
I'm still loving this. Bad Guys is one of my favorite episodes, and your take on it is... different, in a good way.

I love Cam's line: "Kinda lousy timing for them to finally start figuring things out, huh?" I laughed at that. Of course Cam is frustrated with the situation, and a bit with Daniel and Vala, but he does understand.

But my favorite part of this chapter is definitely when Vala talks to Daniel because she sees how upset he is about the hostage issue. Your Vala is so insightful. She understands Daniel's perspective and why it tears him up when he can't solve a situation peacefully. Actually, I wish Vala acted a little more like that on the show. Anyway, nice mention of "Icon" and the events there. It makes sense that Daniel would still be bothered by what happened. Then when Vala tries to reassure him that they couldn't have prevented this mess, and Daniel says "I know, but that doesn't make it any easier for me." Wonderful line. Just great.

Keep up the great work.
Shannon K chapter 3 . 12/5/2007
Very sweet and I like how you had them come to an understanding and I loved Cam's and Teal'c comments. Very funny.

Cheers!
Literal Literary chapter 3 . 12/5/2007
I'm enjoying your storyline and I hope Michael Shanks is reading it; I heard he didn't like the Bad Guys Episode. I think he'd like it more if he saw what you did as the back story/AU.

You did a great job with the conversation between Daniel and Vala as well as with Daniel's annoyance. His hopeful but clueless to life's realities is a great theme (some times it saves the team and sometimes the team has to protect Daniel from catastrophe).

Thanks for updating; I'm looking forward to more.
QuasiOuster chapter 3 . 12/5/2007
Another great chapter. I like that your story doesn't sound repetitive of the episode but really adds all kinds of depth to what we've already seen. I love the highs and lows between D & V as they struggle with their insecurities and then the reassurances at the end. Vala is so smitten, it's cute.
acer-sigma chapter 3 . 12/5/2007
Great chapter. Nice explanation as to the reasons why Daniel is so frustrated with the situation. Not to mention the emotions and uncertainty running through Vala over their actions. Glad to see they got some time at the end to clear the air between them.
ilna chapter 3 . 12/4/2007
Great chapter - I particularly liked how you've attributed Vala's calm response in the face of Daniel's harshness to her admiration of his idealism. And I'm definitely glad they got a chance to sort things out (for the moment anyway!). Well done.
QuasiOuster chapter 2 . 12/3/2007
I love this idea and you've come up with a great story to do it justice. I like there there's fun along with the serioius parts and it's so romantic and honest. Great job.
marbleC chapter 2 . 11/25/2007
I totally missed that you continued this. (That's what I get for being away from the Oven.)

SO happy you decided to make this more than a one shot. I really like... Well... Everything.

Can't wait to see the next one.
AerynB chapter 2 . 11/24/2007
hmm...I thought he said his story was complete. :) Plot bunnies got a hold of you, huh? ;)

Wow! Love the kissing. They should do that more often ;) Not entirely, 100% sure, Daniel would be kissing her in the middle of a first-contact crisis, but hey, he's holding her, emotions are high, adrenaline is pumping, Teal'c and Mitchell have everything under control, why not indulge a little. Yeah, that might work. *happy sigh* They're kissing! *squee*

So, hmm...not complete anymore. :/ Guess I'll have to check the Story Alert box now. :P
Spyridon chapter 2 . 11/23/2007
Yeah, another chapter! I really loved that episode and with a litte Daniel/Vala mixed in, whoa yeah! Update as soon as you can!
Khentkawes chapter 2 . 11/23/2007
Yay! I'm excited now. Which is weird, since I'm not often the romantic type, but you manage to make Daniel and Vala's interaction fairly realistic by showing how confusing (and frightening) it is for both of them.

I loved the way the team all start exchanging glances when that couple burst into the room. Especially when Cam and Teal'c look at Daniel and Vala and then roll their eyes. Hehe. Even funnier is the part where Daniel realizes he's holding Vala and all he can think to say is "Hi." *grin* Very cute.
ilna chapter 2 . 11/23/2007
oh, i'm so glad you've decided to continue with the story. i was going to beg you to in my review to the first chapter, but i hadn't gotten around to leaving it yet. very good so far. this is an interesting episode to have them start . . . whatever it is they're starting. not an obvious choice and i like it. looking forward to more. well done.