Reviews for Collateral Alternate Ending
AFictionalWriter chapter 1 . 9/29/2011
I found the ending gloomy, too. Especially with his last lines being, "Guy gets on the subway and dies. Think anybody'll notice?" and then Max and Annie leave him there as he goes off with the train, with nothing to say that someone DID notice. If one looks at it psychologically, Vincent never really opened up and cared for something or someone, he just killed people. But I think at the end he noticed that maybe he was as empty as Max said he was.

I guess I'm just saying that I felt sorry for Vincent when the movie ended, and that I like your story lol It makes me wonder how many bad guys out there are bad just because they don't know anything sweeter in life.
IsabelleRyan chapter 1 . 12/24/2009
Hey,

I loved this. I was so upset when Tom Cruise died at the end of the movie; this is just so wonderful.

I liked how you remembered "Island Limos".

I hope you write more like this one.

IsabelleRyan
Jake Archer chapter 1 . 1/30/2009
Hi! I found your alternate ending while browsing Google for some stuff on Collateral, and I have to say, it would have made a very good ending as well. I always thought the coyotes in the scene before club fever should have some more significance, some referral later in the story. Perhaps a more detailed description of the moments after Max' rant against Vincent would have been nice, as Vincent leaving was a little abrupt and quick now. Great work anyway, I really enjoyed the read!
Tashilover chapter 1 . 12/29/2007
Nice ending. I didn't really considered the original ending as "sad," just..."ironic." This was nice. The only complaint I have is the timeline. One year for Max and Anne to get married and for Max to open his own company? I would think from all the police investigation and other stuff, it would take maybe two years or even three. Or am I just looking into it too much?

Anyhoo, still a very nice ending. Look forward to see more fics from you soon!

- Me
DXRULES103 chapter 1 . 12/9/2007
I wanted Vincent to live so much. I loved his interaction with Max. Thanks.
AudreyWwiu130 chapter 1 . 12/2/2007
I really did like this extended ending. I do wish though that it wasn't as simple for Vincent to just walk off the train and go on living his life in a normal way.
Anonymous chapter 1 . 12/2/2007
This is a good alternate ending. I like how you did the flash forward to a year later at the limo company.
WayLowHalo chapter 1 . 11/20/2007
Hmm... I'm not really sure it was IC for Vincent... letting Annie go in that particular way. I liked it tho and it definately did end in a decidedly more cheerful way then the movie.

*grins* I loved the postcard at the end! "Limos, huh?" I like to think after everything he went thru Max did end up starting Island Limos.

So all in all, good job!

IceStar

P.S.: One more thing- Max was a cab driver for 12 years... not 7. Still cool tho!
Alex Kane chapter 1 . 11/20/2007
Awesome... I love this movie, and would have enjoyed your ending a lot if it had been in the film. Tom Cruise is probably my #1 favorite actor of all time, and Collateral was the perfect tails-side-of-the-coin to films like Mission: Impossible (3 rocked!), War of the Worlds, and Minority Report. I might write a prequel to Collateral. You've definitely inspired me. Look for my stuff and tell me what you think... Storms of Grevahdi is a story I've been working on based on the videogame Halo (surely you've played it).