Reviews for Now I Envy
niver chapter 1 . 8/24/2008
Now that was pretty damn sad. Poor Ned. (But, I ship Frank/Nancy full-heartedly, so . . .)
whispertaker chapter 1 . 6/4/2008
YEA...I love Nancy and Frank! Poor Ned,at least he had a date
hondagirl chapter 1 . 4/29/2008
Wow. I don't read much Nancy Drew stories but I enjoyed this. You caught the pain and anguish of Ned well. Well done.
bookworm2009 chapter 1 . 4/6/2008
i love it...i'm not gonna tell you that i don't like Frank and Nancy together because i do...they're so much more alike than Nancy and Ned...Frank and Ned are both good guys...but in my personal opinion, you're right...Frank and Nancy do belong together...is that the end?
nickersoncrazy chapter 1 . 3/9/2008
oh...that was so sad...much as I love Ned, I also like Ned angst... so I thought this story was absolutely perfect. You've got great writing style too!

nickersoncrazy
TesubCalle chapter 1 . 11/26/2007
This was really good! It's so seldom we see ANYTHING from Ned's POV. I liked the honesty in his reflections of his relationship with Nancy. I like that even though he's come to the conclusion that they're better off apart, he still wishes he could engage Nancy's heart and mind at the level he perceives Frank is able to achieve.

You had me really feeling for both Nancy and for Ned in this one. Well done!
kmap chapter 1 . 11/25/2007
I love Nancy/Frank. A very thoughtful piece. There are always references to a case in Egypt. Was that a super-mystery? I've obviously missed that one. Care to enlighten me - anyone? Keep writing. :)
lightwarai chapter 1 . 11/22/2007
WOW! I don't know how I missed this being posted. But wow! Yes I am a sucker for Nancy/Frank stuff. It was kinda sad, but really neat "listening" to Ned tell his side, and how he later regretted how/what he said. This was really good. Thanks!
SarahE7191 chapter 1 . 11/20/2007
I L-O-V-E-D it! I'm a total Nancy/Frank fan. I used to love Nancy and Ned until I started reading the supermysteries. Then I was like, Ned who? LOL. But aren't they a little old to be going to prom? Nancy and Ned already graduated high school.

Sarah (but not the one with Ned) :-)
LazyPanther chapter 1 . 11/19/2007
Aw, poor Ned! I feel bad for him, though I have to agree. Frank Hardy is quite the catch! :) I've never thought of Ned as "homely", Nancy always described him as "handsome", but I thought that was an interesting bit. I liked that it was from Ned's POV instead of Nancy's. I hope Sarah appreciates Ned more than Nancy did. Just because I like Nancy/Frank doesn't mean I want to see Ned suffer. I think he's a pretty good guy. I don't like stories that make him into an ogre, but the way you described his envy towards was understandable and not at all unreasonable.

Thanks for sharing!
ann chapter 1 . 11/19/2007
that was fab

love nancy n frank together
Roswalyn chapter 1 . 11/19/2007
This was a nice take on Ned's perspective of the Nancy/Frank relationship. Even though the Nancy/Ned breakup scene has been done a lot, having it written from Ned's point of view added fresh insight to the scenario, and you did a nice job with that. One thing that I wondered: did Nancy go to Bayport right after her breakup with Ned to start a relationship with Frank, or simply because she was turning to an old friend for comfort? I'm a firm believer of the Nancy/Frank relationship, but she did have something strong with Ned too, and I don't know if she would turn to Frank immediately without giving herself some time to grieve over the loss of her relationship first. But since this is from Ned's perspective, you've left it vague, which works for this story. It just had me wondering :)
Sarah chapter 1 . 11/18/2007
That sucks man. Ned/Nancy forever!