Reviews for Hogwarts One Half
glazedlookineyes101 chapter 20 . 12/20/2008
Wow, this is one hell of a scary chapter. From the beginning you made me believe that the good guys were winning, that Nodoka's and Cologne's influence was finally letting the good guys win. Instead, here you introduced the Mastermind that sweeps in, kicks the good guys down, chains them, and sets himself as Lord of the World. This is one hell of a twist. Is this what I am to expect for the rest of the chapters, the 7th book rehashed in that the bad guys rule and the good guys are on the run or dying? You just made Nodoka free to be raped by Snape all he wants, for Lucius to cull all the muggleborns and halfbloods out of the school, and basically destroy all the good that the Nerima refugees were able to do. I love this fic, I really do, this is just a giant shock and such a drastic change of pace that I am still dazed over it.

Can you please do the one thing that the cannon characters (in HP) refuse to do and kill Lucius already? The guy is too evil to let live and you have Amazons there that kill people all the time. Get the good guys back on track! Make Dumbledore disappear if you get the chance as well but really Lucius is not very effective dead. Masterminds like Lucius need to be ALIVE to keep this plots going since he uses intimidation or money to control things, meaning people he controls are motivated by greed or fear, not loyalty like Dumbledore's style of manipulation uses.
dogbertcarroll chapter 20 . 12/15/2008
Lucy may think he's got everything planned out, but the only reason he's managed to stay in power for so long is because all his enemies were unwilling to kill him. Most of JK's villains could have been taken care of in an afternoon by a sufficiently motivated and intelligent person who wanted to insure the next generation of children was safe.
Banner chapter 20 . 12/14/2008
You do an excellent job of making truly frightening bad guys - smart, ruthless, cold. I always hated Lucius anyway (for using Black magic on young Ginny,) and now he's intelligent as well as nasty.

Good work
Shinteo-5 chapter 20 . 12/14/2008
Still no Harry, I see. :)

I did forget to mention last chapter that I really like the way you portray Dumbledore. Too often is he shown as the all - powerful, all - knowing demi-god. To see him realizing the consequence of making such a simple mistake as to trusting a former death eater is refreshing.

And this chapter you throw old Lucy at them. Poor, poor Lucy...

May I suggest that you use Luna to take him down.
Sakura Lisel chapter 20 . 12/14/2008
Okay, WHY is Nodoka letting her idiot brother talk to her like that? ESPECIALLY with the whole 'having a child out of wedlock comment'? I say she should give him a taste of what she's done to all the other wizard men who've treated her badly since her return, while telling him off about her daughters supposed illegimacy, seeing how Nodoka WAS married when she gave birth to 'Ranko', even though he doesn't have to know that the man she was married to wasn't the real father. *lol*

Plus does he really think he can just come back into their lives and pull the family head thing and force her to marry Snape when it didn't work the LAST time he tried that years ago? Nodoka's not the helpless scared teenager she was back then anymore, and should kick both of them into the next millenium, and what happened to that bounty she placed on Snape's head many chapters ago? Plus she should also inform him that even if could order to marry Snape, she couldn't marry her off to Snape, since she's ALREADY married to the only man she'll ever share a bed with.

Ranko should give 'Uncle Lucious' a royal beat down Saotome style. *lol Maybe a few thousand Chestnuts on Open Fire punches and kicks can make the git see he's not going to have an obedient little niece obeying him. *lol*
Chi Vayne chapter 20 . 12/13/2008
One thing that occurred to me was that while Nodoka may feel (correctly or not) that Lucius is using her engagement to Snape as a feint, Snape may not feel the same and is likely to press his suit. Whether she wishes to or not, Nodoka may need to take care of the issue, either temporarily or permanently.

And I am guessing that we haven't heard the end of Dumbledore either.
MShrieken chapter 20 . 12/13/2008
I agree with you. Lucius makes a good long term villain. However, I would think that should bring Umbridge under him as deputy headmistress. She's easy to hate, as you mentioned, and would be good at drawing the hate of the schoolchildren and teachers away from him. The only problem I can see is how he would bring her in, as the deputy Headmistress needs to be a teacher.
ranma girl 14 chapter 20 . 12/13/2008
Nice, can't wait to see what inevitable battle is sure to come soon.

plz plz update fast!
Evil Dan chapter 20 . 12/13/2008
Man, I almost can't keep up with you. How is it possibly that you are writing these almost as fast as I can read them?

Anyway, another lovely piece, with excellent writing and coherent plotline. Keep on keeping it up, if you please.
Lord Dragon Claw chapter 20 . 12/13/2008
Well, there's another front for Nodaka to worry about. Hm... I wonder how she'll combat her brother?
Steven Kodaly chapter 19 . 12/13/2008
If Albus is able to patch things up with Nodoka, or even simply undergo detoxification, he could manage to shake things up even further, couldn't he?
Finbar chapter 20 . 12/13/2008
First off, I al really enjoying this fleshed out story. I did read it on Addventure and this is much better.

Given Cologne and her 30 years of Amazon History, why havent Snape and Lucius had fatal accidents yet? We already know that Chi sorcery cant be detected by Magic, so why hasnt she gone invisible using the Unisenken, killed the and used the time turner to provide an alabi? As a character in the Manga, she is certainly ruthless enough. That her adopted daughter is being threatened by a Male! Well, enough is enough. Sure, it's good for plot device, but there come a time when even the hero's have to say 'enough is enough, time to slit some throats'.

Cheers

Finbar
James Axelrad chapter 20 . 12/13/2008
its a great chapter. one of your best ones in a while.
Keldin chapter 20 . 12/13/2008
I'm really enjoying this story, and I initially didn't think I would. (I'm not sure WHY I didn't think I would...)

This chapter is good, but I was hoping for some indication of Dumbledore bouncing back. As much as I like 'revenge fics' and Dumbledore-as-Manipulator fics, I also like seeing that experience come back into play when it is turned in the right direction. Of course, I understand that you can't have all you want at any given time: I just thought I'd mention what I'm hoping to see in this fic's future.
witowsmp chapter 20 . 12/13/2008
There's a very, very simple solution to this whole mess. Assassination is a beautiful word...
469 | « Prev Page 1 .. 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 21 .. Last Next »