Reviews for Hogwarts One Half
deitarionSSokolow chapter 8 . 12/21/2008
I really think this could have been done better. It really exacerbates the "patchwork of stories haphazardly glued together" feel and reflects badly on you, given the skill you've shown in your other fics.

I also wonder whether you've actually seen Ranma , since someone as perceptive as you have demonstrated yourself to be shouldn't be making these kinds of characterization mistakes. (Yes, you can do this, but it's been botched so many times by so many people that I doubt even you can get away with it. The Ranma characters are already shallow enough that doing this just doesn't work. They need more depth to be believable. It also damages credibility to structure it so that the explanation of Ranma's behaviour comes this far in.)
deitarionSSokolow chapter 7 . 12/21/2008
Not as good as it could be so far, but entertaining nonetheless. In my opinion, you should have kept the events you wanted and restructured it so that it doesn't feel like a patchwork of stories haphazardly glued together. (For example, I'd probably do tag-team chapters alternating between following KodachiHarry and Ranma et al. I may give it a try once I've got the hang of building plots.)
cjcold2 chapter 21 . 12/21/2008
Nice chapter.

I so agree with taking out a known blackmarket source for your enemies in time of war. Cut off their supplies.

Really enjoying this story with the use of logic in warfare.

Do think that Nodoka should look into gaining some more adult help. Not that Ranko and the 'kids' aren't useful but with school they are limited in time and basically have a long term mission of building up the younger generation. But their is still a lot to do now.

Maybe have Nodoka look up Andromeda Tonks. For that matter Nymphadora would be a good addition, offer her some martial arts training to help her with becoming an Auror.

Wonder what that stone could be?

More soon please.
deitarionSSokolow chapter 3 . 12/21/2008
Ooh. This is gonna be good. I've always wanted to see an implementation of "A Rose At Hogwarts" written by someone like you. (Naturally, that also includes having someone like you picking which branch to work from and how far in to start at)
ranma girl 14 chapter 21 . 12/21/2008
Great chapter, this has got my hanging of the edge of my seat now.

plz plz update fast! ~
Dumbledork chapter 21 . 12/21/2008
Thank God, you won't be vicious enough to hold off new stuff for that long. I had to beg long enough for you to publish another chapter on addventure. I'm glad that I won't need to do it again.

Happy Christmas if you shouldn't update before that date.
borg rabbit chapter 21 . 12/21/2008
You've made me anxious to see the further developments. Still an excellent story. If I could, I'd try to give Nabiki and Kasumi some Nyannichuan warded to dominate other curses.

Oh well.

Please...keep writing.
Chi Vayne chapter 21 . 12/20/2008
Malfoy and 'evil' Cologne would make a formidable enemy if they allied. Kaneda would be just a tool as far as I can tell.
James Axelrad chapter 21 . 12/20/2008
great chapter.

it would be nice to see some more about harry though.

anyway, hope there is more soon.
Twotwentytwo chapter 21 . 12/20/2008
I've read through this a few times and always thought it was a shame it never got continued, glad to see some new stuff coming. I'll be keeping an eye on this, good stuff.
animefan29 chapter 21 . 12/20/2008
You know I just realized how very Mary Suish (I think that is the right term) Your Nodoka and Cologne are. I mean they seem to have access to every possible kind of spell, potion, magical item any situation could call for no matter how rare, vaulable, expensive, or how much its distribution is supposed to be controlled.

Hey! Did Harry get his family's invisability cloak from Dumbledore? I don't know about you but I feel that at least one of the Deathly Hallows should be in the possesion of its rightful owner.
Rorschach's Blot chapter 21 . 12/20/2008
Triforce?
Innortal chapter 21 . 12/20/2008
Still a great chapter with nice foreshadowing.
Amber Pegasus chapter 21 . 12/20/2008
Very intresting chapter. Update real soon.
glazedlookineyes101 chapter 20 . 12/20/2008
Wow, this is one hell of a scary chapter. From the beginning you made me believe that the good guys were winning, that Nodoka's and Cologne's influence was finally letting the good guys win. Instead, here you introduced the Mastermind that sweeps in, kicks the good guys down, chains them, and sets himself as Lord of the World. This is one hell of a twist. Is this what I am to expect for the rest of the chapters, the 7th book rehashed in that the bad guys rule and the good guys are on the run or dying? You just made Nodoka free to be raped by Snape all he wants, for Lucius to cull all the muggleborns and halfbloods out of the school, and basically destroy all the good that the Nerima refugees were able to do. I love this fic, I really do, this is just a giant shock and such a drastic change of pace that I am still dazed over it.

Can you please do the one thing that the cannon characters (in HP) refuse to do and kill Lucius already? The guy is too evil to let live and you have Amazons there that kill people all the time. Get the good guys back on track! Make Dumbledore disappear if you get the chance as well but really Lucius is not very effective dead. Masterminds like Lucius need to be ALIVE to keep this plots going since he uses intimidation or money to control things, meaning people he controls are motivated by greed or fear, not loyalty like Dumbledore's style of manipulation uses.
483 | « Prev Page 1 .. 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 21 .. Last Next »