Reviews for Hogwarts One Half
Daisydill chapter 4 . 6/11/2008
Very cool story, kudos to whoever wrote it! (I got the impression you had help, hence the whoever.) Thanks for putting it up here, I would LOVE to read more!
Dabnormalone chapter 4 . 6/10/2008
I've read and loved your works for quite a while now but prefer not to review unless I find something concrete to discuss.

I really like this portrayal of Ranma, somewhat upbeat even locked (presumably because all his friends and family rallied around him), and I really love this scene. But it strikes me as a significant change from the earlier tone of the work.

Kodachi is leaving Japan and winning freedom and a new life and then suddenly most of the people she knew there pop up and are not only better than her at all the old martial arts and cooking and such, but know more about magic than her.

I guess with her personality as written, as long as she can keep Harry as essentially a brother and can make friends she wouldn't object but it doesn't seem really fair to her in general.

I suppose that just may be the (mandatory) drawback of using a Spells R'Us but it makes me wonder how the rest of them de-aged...
SomeGuyFawkes chapter 4 . 6/10/2008
Hmm. This story is starting to get "busy".

Thanks for the update.
Banner chapter 4 . 6/10/2008
That ritual was a good idea, one that was well-conceived and perfectly executed from beginning to end. Great job.

Considering what Snape and Lucius tried to do to Ms Malfoy under Riddle's orders, is she planning some sort of revenge?
hackert chapter 4 . 6/10/2008
How come Harry wasn't involved with this. I ask because the way this ch. goes, it makes seem like he isn't the main char. I figure he would be involved in somthing that gives him more power.
SomeGuyFawkes chapter 3 . 6/10/2008
Overall, very good chapter, thanks!

Good but that fourth-wall-breaking stuff should be edited out.

Great scene with Hagrid!

The hat thing was good but McGonagall's bra was not well explained.

The Nodoka introduction was confusing and not setup properly.

Good to know that you can change your house merely by holding the hat and confunding it. ;-)
SomeGuyFawkes chapter 2 . 6/10/2008
This was a much better chapter. And, the way Harry acquired a sister was nicely done. :)

""No. Her snake just talks people-talk." Harry corrected."

Wrong. This Harry already knows he can talk to snakes after the zoo incident.

Draco's comeuppance seems a little far fetched. I take it the CARTOON might show Kodachi moving that fast? Hardly seems appropriate for a serious and substantial work of literature. ;-)
Wonderbee31 chapter 4 . 6/10/2008
Great part here, and loeved how it came together, ioncluding Shampoo and her sauce, Nodoka and her explanation of why she wen to Japan, and what all will be going down next, and here's hoping that for what Snape was planning to do, that Nodoka will end up wearing his guts for garters.
SomeGuyFawkes chapter 1 . 6/10/2008
Rough start and a (groan) crossover. The credits for all the authors would be better at the beginning and that would allow for tying all the sections together smoothly.

Still, the posting author is generally good and this story could be interesting.
Dumbledork chapter 4 . 6/10/2008
Brilliant. I'm so happy you haven't abandoned this fic. Can't wait for more. This is definitely my favourite Ranma/HP crossover.
Red Death chapter 3 . 5/29/2008
Despite its odd round-robin start (regardless of how creative round-robins can be, they *are* decidedly ODD) I'd love to see you pick this up again someday as well.

The "new student" and "Harry's sibling" cliches have been done to death, though this is the first I've seen that uses Kodachi Kunou, or that makes the "sibling" cliche one big misconception and misunderstanding.

Very nice!
Violet Shadows chapter 2 . 5/12/2008
You got the death date wrong, they died on Halloween not August 31st.
Lyra the Heretic chapter 3 . 5/12/2008
Love the authors note. Pessimistic, but ever so true in a possible way. Or probable. Oh well.

Mm... more importantly, looking forward to more of this plot bunny.

I mean, Kodachi at Hogwarts...? Sure... okay... But parseltongue Kodachi at Hogwarts being mistaken for Harry's sister and... Oh god. Yeah. *dies laughing*

It'll be a fun ride, this story. So. Um. Looking forward to more.
CRW chapter 3 . 4/17/2008
" ...indeed all of the things she'd cherishing in life for the love of a man who barely tolerated her."

Given the way Kodachi behaved in Nerima, why would Ranma have shown much more than tolerance? If she had approached him as something other than a psychotic obsessive and had explained some of her behavior as a guise for self-protection (which still doesn't account for using lethal weapons in the martial arts gymnastics match and assaulting her rivals before the match), she probably would have gotten a much better response from him. As it was, he did help her in the contest with Asuka the White Lily.
FuzzyBoots chapter 3 . 3/23/2008
Eh. When it was just Kodachi, it sounded kind of interesting. Now, throwing in multiple Ranma 1/2 characters, it's lost my interest. They're just a bit too much chaos for the mix. *shrug* I guess this fic just isn't my kind of fiction. I wish you the best of luck.
468 | « Prev Page 1 .. 20 27 28 29 30 31 .. Last Next »