Reviews for Hogwarts One Half
Eric-Brune chapter 20 . 12/18/2012
I have to say that the line: "Salazar Slytherin would have been so proud." seems inaccurate. If Salazar were a "bad guy", why would Godric have been his friend? Ambition is not always evil... and, in fact, ambitious people can despise evil just as much as brave, loyal or thoughtful people can... yet still retain their ambitions.

I think that Rowling meant to show that Salazar's intentions were twisted over time by those with weaker minds and baser instincts. I think that Salazar would be disappointed in the "modern" House Slytherin and almost disgusted with the House you describe for its very limited scope and direction. The very idea that students would want to leave (or fear joining) because of the House's reputation would be repugnant to him, I think.
PaulBlay chapter 5 . 12/10/2012
"One might even say, with some accuracy, that the Golden Age of Wizardry had ended, and one of the first blows of that fall was dealt by Oliver Cromwell"

Congratulations on having an original interpretation of wizarding history that doesn't rely on the typical 'everything downhill since Atlantis/Merlin' approach that seems so common in fanon.
Publicola chapter 16 . 10/6/2012
I absolutely love what you've done with Hufflepuff. I've had this thought before - why do so many fics treat Slytherin house as the perfect place for Harry to be Sorted, when it's very distinctly the House of elitist snobs, *not* abused children. If anything, Hufflepuff is the place where abused or neglected children go to thrive, and the fact that you recognize that and make us of that, is simply phenomenal.

I am not a Ranma fan (never read it, and don't particularly enjoy the Ranma-oriented sections of this fic), but I absolutely love this story so far, and am wondering why I never got around to reading it earlier. Great work!
donald7777 chapter 22 . 9/9/2012
This is a pretty good story from the first chapter I was really thinking it was going to be a Kodachi Harry story. That would have proved quite interesting.

However you managed to blend the NWC in and take the story in a interesting direction.

Hope you update soon.
Shinzochi chapter 22 . 12/25/2011
AWESOME story and i am looking UBER forward to the next chapter (_)
Shinzochi chapter 13 . 12/20/2011
i swear this has been the MOST ENJOYABLE crossover of Ranma and Harry that i have ever read even with me being a little iffy with the whole round robin thing, thought i think i must say that my favorite bits have been the Sirius and Snivilus in Azkaban bits they were just soooooo HILARIOUS thought i do wonder just what Sirius left in Rog's hand, ROTFL chapter 22 . 12/19/2011
Ah, if only you updated this beauty once again. I'm glad that it was at the point it was though. This fic has some brilliant ideas I really wish I had thought of for myself, honestly. But then, so do most of your fics.

Thanks for the amazing read, and here's to hopin' you eventually update this again.
Lina esrevnI chapter 20 . 12/6/2011
Yay you’ve shown good slitheren but where are the spells their house should still have spells I thought that bringing Percy into Slytherin would be a way to get them.

Slytherin House Spells Function (Sixth Sense) Skilled Professionals

Languages (parsel tongue is supposedly the only Magical Language)

Lie Detector (Quirrel and the Mirror)

Inborn knowledge of current laws (Pureblood)

A basic knowledge of the mind arts

Something about magical signatures (Death Eaters that got off and you have Hufflepuff juries) and a way to open up the castle that doesn’t rely on someone like luna doing something strange.

In My mind Slytherin was the one to bring the other Founder’s together and the main builder of the castle. After all he did create the chamber of secrets but the only class I can think of would be care of magical creachers

Slytherin- Creation

Griffendor-Financed it and drove back dark creatures in the area
Hyp3rB14d3 chapter 8 . 10/29/2011
So far, the story has been all over the place. It initially looked like Kodachi was going to be the main character, then Nodoka, then Ranko, and then I gave up trying to figure out who the main character is. Likewise, the tone of the story has been inconsistent. With Kodachi it feels like a comedy, with Nodoka it's a drama, and with Ranko it's ...also a drama. It almost feels like it's switching back and forth between two or three stories that just happen to be taking place at the same time.

The sorting hat was absolutely hilarious. That the Hogwarts staff hasn't questioned its decisions only makes it funnier.

I wonder if Nodoka is aware of the double standard she seems to be applying to herself. It's horrible for Snape to brainwash her into a breeding tool, but it's okay for her to brainwash Genma into thinking she's his wife and into basically giving up his most valuable possession (his knowledge of the Anything Goes style), not to mention rendering him impotent along the way.

Two eleven year olds sharing a bed while they comfort each other: cute. Two seventeen year olds having comfort sex after revealing the tragic truth to each other: romantic. Two seventeen year olds magically transformed into eleven year olds having comfort sex after revealing the tragic truth to each other: creepy.
chaosglory626 chapter 2 . 9/30/2011
This is an interesting Kodachi redemption story. I've also never seen such a bloody brilliant way of smuggling someone into Hogwarts. And I like the use of martial arts gymnastics.
Shannon Dee chapter 22 . 8/7/2011
A little long winded in a few places but overall a wonderful AU story that I really hope you continue soon.
Scott chapter 22 . 2/26/2011

Are you ever going to continue the story "Hogwarts One Half"? I know it's been forever since you've updated; but a guy can hope.

Wrin chapter 22 . 1/3/2011
Hmm...a little dark in places, but absurdly funny in others (especially the first ten or so chapters). My observations while reading were that it's a little slow-moving, and much like Partially Kissed Hero you get a little preachy and long-winded with certain explanations. I was actually really annoyed and ended up skimming most of the chapter explaining how Draco went wrong at Durmstrang, and much of it was repeated. I also took note of the Christian references, and thought it was a little odd coming from Cologne. Her culture, as far as I can tell, is typically either going emphasize to be spiritualist tradition, one of the eastern religions, or pre-Christian Roman mythology. It seemed really out of context, and then your narrator voice got a little preachy too. It didn't put me off a whole lot, and I'm probably more sensitive to it than your average reader so it might not be anything to worry about for you, but I felt I should mention it just in case.

Anyway, thanks for another gratifying read!
Guest chapter 22 . 12/9/2010
This is an interesting story. Its too bad you seem to have quit working on it.
animefreak 171 chapter 3 . 9/19/2010