Reviews for Hogwarts One Half
Hyp3rB14d3 chapter 8 . 10/29/2011
So far, the story has been all over the place. It initially looked like Kodachi was going to be the main character, then Nodoka, then Ranko, and then I gave up trying to figure out who the main character is. Likewise, the tone of the story has been inconsistent. With Kodachi it feels like a comedy, with Nodoka it's a drama, and with Ranko it's ...also a drama. It almost feels like it's switching back and forth between two or three stories that just happen to be taking place at the same time.

The sorting hat was absolutely hilarious. That the Hogwarts staff hasn't questioned its decisions only makes it funnier.

I wonder if Nodoka is aware of the double standard she seems to be applying to herself. It's horrible for Snape to brainwash her into a breeding tool, but it's okay for her to brainwash Genma into thinking she's his wife and into basically giving up his most valuable possession (his knowledge of the Anything Goes style), not to mention rendering him impotent along the way.

Two eleven year olds sharing a bed while they comfort each other: cute. Two seventeen year olds having comfort sex after revealing the tragic truth to each other: romantic. Two seventeen year olds magically transformed into eleven year olds having comfort sex after revealing the tragic truth to each other: creepy.
chaosglory626 chapter 2 . 9/30/2011
This is an interesting Kodachi redemption story. I've also never seen such a bloody brilliant way of smuggling someone into Hogwarts. And I like the use of martial arts gymnastics.
Shannon Dee chapter 22 . 8/7/2011
A little long winded in a few places but overall a wonderful AU story that I really hope you continue soon.
Scott chapter 22 . 2/26/2011
Lionheart,

Are you ever going to continue the story "Hogwarts One Half"? I know it's been forever since you've updated; but a guy can hope.

Cheers,

Scott
Wrin chapter 22 . 1/3/2011
Hmm...a little dark in places, but absurdly funny in others (especially the first ten or so chapters). My observations while reading were that it's a little slow-moving, and much like Partially Kissed Hero you get a little preachy and long-winded with certain explanations. I was actually really annoyed and ended up skimming most of the chapter explaining how Draco went wrong at Durmstrang, and much of it was repeated. I also took note of the Christian references, and thought it was a little odd coming from Cologne. Her culture, as far as I can tell, is typically either going emphasize to be spiritualist tradition, one of the eastern religions, or pre-Christian Roman mythology. It seemed really out of context, and then your narrator voice got a little preachy too. It didn't put me off a whole lot, and I'm probably more sensitive to it than your average reader so it might not be anything to worry about for you, but I felt I should mention it just in case.

Anyway, thanks for another gratifying read!
Guest chapter 22 . 12/9/2010
This is an interesting story. Its too bad you seem to have quit working on it.
animefreak 171 chapter 3 . 9/19/2010
YOU JEKK YOU ALMOST RUINED THE FINAL BOOK FOR ME WICH I HAVE NOT READ YET. TO ANNYONE WHO READS THE RVEIEWS B4 READING THE FIC DO NOT READ THE AUTHERS NOTES 4 CHAPTER 3.

P.S. YAHOO FINALLY RANMA-CHAN IS HERE!
Niar Sutsej chapter 20 . 8/20/2010
please update.
Reviewer of the West chapter 9 . 8/13/2010
Nodoka's use of veritaserum is interested, but you didn't go far enough. She could have used the opportunity to reveal other sorts of information about Snape. Comments about his hygene, heritage, behavior, intelligence, etc, all "proven true" by his own serum.
Niar Sutsej chapter 1 . 7/9/2010
please update
Zelara chapter 21 . 7/4/2010
throwing away a perfectly good name to call themselves the Half-Blood Prince or whatever.

In interests of being completely fair, Snape was a Half-blood, and his last name should have been Prince.
aalens chapter 2 . 3/2/2010
Draco may have understood pureblood priviledge but as both he and Harry are only 11 years old, are they not a tad too young to be even thinking about 'banging' anyone let alone actually doing it!
Niar Sutsej chapter 21 . 2/19/2010
please update
AnFan-n-More chapter 15 . 2/6/2010
NOTICE: This is a post chapter 22 review. (and now back to your review)

You know that you've trapped Nodoka don't you? She has no chance of escape. She cannot use the Saotome special attack anymore. She cannot run off to another location at all. Why? Ok, I could go into the Who, What, Where, When, and How (ok I will be going into some of the how), but those are in your story and there could be more coming up.

Think about it. She is the best thing to happen to Hogwarts students, and the institution itself, since sliced bread (couldn't think of a magical simile). Hogwarts is a teaching institution. Hogwarts is highly magical, and could be said to have, if not a mind, a will. She's already created a magical tomb (couldn't think of better word. sanctuary maybe?) inside her tower that is highly creative, innovative (think research professor), and locked down pretty well. The students she is producing will be the best in generations (with wizards/witches it's hard to pin down a generation when they can live so long but die off so quickly). Not only because she has stumbled across older magic like the three she's put the students through, but because of her teaching style and use of the whole institution. She has rallied the entire teaching staff, and has shaken them out of their set patterns of teaching. They will have to adapt and develop new ways to teach material because their students will surpass them in ability if not experience and knowledge. She has kicked out the worst teacher possible, multiple times, and will again (you've simply GOT to come up with a good method of getting rid of him this time! You Can't kill him off, he is the quintessential prank victim, and a Marauder tradition!)! The Centaurs will not let her get away, she has befriended them and would defend them if needed (you know it's true). I forget the name of the underwater teachers she's hired, but there you go for another. As far as Hogwarts is concerned she has also hired new teachers, if not for the whole institution yet at least for a select few (who could be said to be the only ones who could handle it at this point) and could expand this to the rest of the student body. Three houses would NOT allow for her to be removed from that position if she was put into it. Slytherin may also come to realize that she is good for them. Think about it, you've already said that due to her actions the Slytherin House is now the one that the founder would be most proud of since, probably, his own time (Slytherin does not HAVE to produce Dark Lords, just people who want to control power and position. Again, once they realize it they won't want to let her go). She has aided indirectly and through her 'daughter' in the discovery of the spells that were developed for the three houses. She will probably be directly if not indirectly, again through her 'daughter', bring Hogwarts back to gather again (unlike all the king's men and all the king's horses, i.e. every other Headmaster or wizard/witch in over 300 years. not counting actual muggle aristocracy) since they are the only ones who can probably use the devices being the only gentry (?) available to do so (she's probably in line to the Crown in some way even if not by blood. could even shortcut those who are by blood, who knows she's pureblood there could be royal blood in her also). She will no doubt defend Hogwarts against invasion in the future.

I know there's more but need to get to my point before I forget it.

Nodoka Malfoy will be eventually trapped as the new Headmistress because Hogwarts WILL NOT let her go!

Also, besides already mentioned pranks in my last review, she's pranked the Ministry. She may not have yet pranked Gringots, but I can see it happening due to the vault issue. In her innovations she may be setting up to prank the whole wizarding world. I will reiterate: She is the God of Marauders! Can you think of what would happen with a Marauder as Headmistress?
AnFan-n-More chapter 4 . 2/5/2010
I'm having to go back to previous chapters for additional Review windows, please take them in listed order post chapter 22 Feb 5 2010.

Had to note: You've set precedent with the sorting hat making students official. Can't change it after they are sorted even if the parent can't afford the tuition, though I suppose you could expel them for non payment. And, precedent for making a house elf, an assistant to Flich, what else was there? Ok, now it is easy to see that it could assign Teachers, Heads of house, Headmaster...?
468 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 .. Last Next »