Reviews for Early warning
Madilayn chapter 1 . 5/5
Ohhh - Quiller - beautiful and heartbreaking. One of the few times we see where IR don't actually save everybody.

Lovely writing and a very compelling tale to read.
Sad-Blue-Eyed-Angel 2010 chapter 1 . 3/3/2014
Poor Frankie, it's so sad that he'd passed away, but it was probably very reassuring for the other victims that lived to know IR was coming for help.

Frankie would have been a spectacular member for IR in the future.

Great story.
tanpopo no hana chapter 1 . 11/29/2009
D:

Man I did not expect that ending. Poor Frankie. He'd have been an awesome future member of IR!

But I love the idea for the story! John and Alan so rarely get the chance to do stuff together. It was nice to see them having this secret. Even if it frustrated them...

Thanks for directing me here. :)
Little Miss Bump chapter 1 . 10/3/2009
Thank you for recommending that I read this. It was brilliant! The emotion right at the end was great. I was totally sucked into the tragedy of it all - the moment the kids said they'd known IR would come, I knew who Spiderman was going to be. Think I was crying a little along with Alan at the last line. Perfectly executed scene, quiller.

Again, I love the supernatural/unknown element here. It's adds that extra pinch of fairy dust to the story, making things just that little bit more thrilling as we're kept on the edge of our seats, wondering where the story's leading to.

Again, superb work. Five stars and a round of applause to you.

xox
Iaveina chapter 1 . 10/25/2008
...

You just made me cry.

...Wow.

Absolutely fantastic story.
Angelina K chapter 1 . 5/26/2008
That was spooky but fantastic! Poor Frankie though, knowing he's going to die. I've always wondered what would happen if someone could foresee rescues, I'm glad you decided to write about it!
Ms Hobgoblin chapter 1 . 4/27/2008
Oh wow, you were wrong - I missed 2 of your stories (and don't blame the marines!).

This was awesome, it is a bit of a cross between 'Supernatural' and 'Thunderbirds'. I loved how Alan figured it out, and poor Frankie - tragic.

Hob x
Lady Viva chapter 1 . 4/12/2008
Eerie, abosrbing and very sad. Shed tears over this one. Thank you for an engrossing read.
JulesDPM chapter 1 . 3/30/2008
This is a great story (sorry it took so long to get round to reading it!). It had a really good plot and was well written. A bit spooky, a bit sad and a nice bit of dialogue between John and Alan. I hope you won the challenge!
Dickonfan chapter 1 . 11/28/2007
This story is so in keeping with International Rescue. Helping people from seemingly impossible situations, the twist this time being with the help of a young precog. Superbly written with wonderful mystery and suspense.

Perhaps next Halloween, the ghost of Frankie will join the IR ranks.

Thank you for sharing it with us.
littlepieces chapter 1 . 11/25/2007
I like stories that have John and Alan interacting. Nice tight writing too. Sad ending, but the last sentence is great. Alan will need some therapy now!
eriphi chapter 1 . 11/21/2007
That was good! A spooky little story to read at home in the dark (I have now turned on the lights!) My only complaint is that it isn't long enough...

I loved the moment of realisation that Frankie was on the bus - it sent a shiver up my spine. Also I have to compliment the choice of Alan as the main character. It definitely suited him.

Thank you for a well written story.
ejb chapter 1 . 11/20/2007
A sad story but eerie too. I know some people have been known to forecast disasters but those they tell often doubt them.

Another wonderfully written story from you in your wonderfully descriptive style of every scene. Well done.
Cutiepie2191 chapter 1 . 11/19/2007
Aw... That was a sad story, but it was really good! Keep up the good work:)
mcj chapter 1 . 11/19/2007
Life is good to me at the moment. All my favourite Authors are posting such simply awesome stories. Quiller, this is a wonderful story. You have such a knack of writing short, sharp and exciting pieces. Poor Frankie. Poor Alan!

Congrats!