Reviews for White Walls
clerical medical chapter 12 . 4/18/2012
This was incredibly powerful, and incredibly disturbing. I couldn't stop reading it, even to write a review of earlier chapters (so sorry about that!). Really good writing. I actually liked your Heitmeyer, and I don't usually like the way people write her.
sheppardlover928 chapter 12 . 10/10/2011
Wow-just-wow! Just found this and so glad I did-I think! :)

What an extremely powerful story! I have never read anything like this! I couldnt stop readung-well-I did have to put it down when RL called for attention, though, I must say, i was yearning to return to read ASAP! This psychological journey was certainly unique...Super characterizations of all members of the SGA cast..from the uncertainty of Carter's command due to her newness on Atlantis, the uncertainty of an undetermined eneny, thru the psychological torment that faced Sheppard, the helplessness and journey that his teammates experience and the healing of all concerned and their acceptance of the life they choose to fulfill...So perfectly orchestrated storyline. I felt the angst, frustration, helplessness, anger and more-so profoundly! I felt John's "emptyness" at having to deal with not having any physical trauma to show for his imprisonment, feeling guilty for not being 100 percent due to that fact. I like that it took Heightmeyer to point out to ohn, that he indeed, did suffer trauma, though it wasnt physical and that it was okay. I like that John did talk with her and it fit that when he felt healed enough-to tell her the rest of his healing journey was up to him and that he has his team to help him too. This story is definitely going in my faves-thankyou!
Kale Klae chapter 12 . 7/4/2011
Just found this story and am amazaed by the detail and obvious research you put into it. You kept the characters true to the originals and gave them a unique and difficult situation that while taxed them still kept them in character.

I've found your stash of other Atlantis stories and will now enjoy diving into them to.
scifi-karis chapter 12 . 4/21/2011
I really loved this story. Unusual Shep whump, but it worked so nicely and I can tell you did your research! A good read! I hope you are still writing!
Maryilee chapter 12 . 9/30/2008
This is amazing and it's obvious that you did plenty of research into the effects of prolonged solitary confinement. This is a masterpiece. I felt myself drawn into Sheppard's mind, wondering what was going to happen next and then wondering why nothing happened. (I mean that in a good way, although that makes it sound like nothing happens in your story, which is a totally not what I mean. :-))

The little details rang so true, from Sheppard automatically counting to catching himself doing that and trying to stop it. I thought you did a fantastic job showing the delusions and hallucinations and how his mind slowly disintegrated in the isolation.

I have only ever seen one episode of SGA (and that was yesterday. lol!) but I will surely be looking for more of your stories.
kittytrypsin chapter 12 . 9/9/2008
I've just read this in one go (day off!) and what an amazing story. Whilst I'm always at the head of the queue signing up for Shep-whump and there was no actual physical injury in this, this was whump of the highest quality. Allowing the three friends to finally SEE John's prison and realise how it would have affected them individually brought home to the reader even more clearly how acute the torture had been.

I don't think your time span of having him recover is unrealistic. As you say, no-one wants to read through several pages, never mind hundreds, of the same old recovery scenario, so to indicate that it's now Spring allows us to move forward and accept that recovery is ongoing.

One tiny typo I thought I should point out: when John's talking for the last (recorded) time to Heightmeyer he says he knows she's been trained to 'emphasise' but I think you meant 'empathise'.

Sharpe's Hussy chapter 1 . 5/1/2008
**groans loudly*

I just knew it would end up this way...

Anytime he is alone, they nab him...

Wonderful start!
drey'auc475 chapter 12 . 1/6/2008
amazing... incredibly good. and i do agree, i don't think that it would have worked anywhere else in the timeline. loved it.
Obsessed Pam chapter 12 . 12/7/2007
Your research must have been amazingly thorough because I had actually wondered whether or not you had a background in pyschology as Shep's trauma was described in such a way that it was absolutely believable.

A traumatic story but one which was utterly fascinating all the more so because it was so well rounded with all the major characters being covered so thoroughly. A really great read!
Obsessed Pam chapter 10 . 12/6/2007
The pyschological battle looks like it may be turning more physical in the not too distant future.
Obsessed Pam chapter 9 . 12/6/2007
There are so many facets to this story, all with an intensity that holds me completely spellbound.
Obsessed Pam chapter 8 . 12/6/2007
I have nothing but admiration for the way you are writing this story. It is such a difficult and intricate subject and I love the way you have given John this split. It is very cleverly done and works so well with the cracks in his mind.
mtee1958 chapter 12 . 12/4/2007
Great story. I liked your turning point. I liked that the other finally saw what he had to deal with. They were able to visualize what caused this trauma; since there were no visible scars.

Everyone was affected, was tortured in their own way. Everyone had to recover.

Thank you so much.
Ozlex chapter 12 . 12/4/2007
Loved this story, it was intoxicatingly dark. I'm never going to look at white in the same way. Very well written and great concept :) :)
reen212000 chapter 12 . 12/3/2007
Yup. Ya broke me. Sending imaginary hugs to the uncomfortable John. As to your A/N: I can't wait to read more, and I plan on reading your X-Files stuff. Thanks for sharing such a hand-wringing, heart-breaking, angsty story!