Reviews for Hozho
Colby's girl chapter 17 . 1/2/2008
Loved the chapter. I liked the way it jumped from one scene to the next..kind of to mimic (not sure how to spell that and too lazy to look it up LOL)the sensation of passing out and waking somewhere else, or being in an exhauted fog.

I'm so NOT cheering that this story is coming to an end. I always look forward to the email saying your back! I certainly hope there are other stories brewing in your talented head! Take care!
Xdaisy chainX chapter 17 . 1/2/2008
what a beautiful chapter, it was written so well. deans fear when trying to find his brother was almost palpable.

loved it, who was that mysterious man who made dean eat? lol

loved this chapter, really nice.

and dont apologise for the length of the fic, the longer the better in my opinion when they are of the same standard as this one.

i love it

i dont want it to end lol

update soon!

XsarahX
AnickaMarie chapter 17 . 1/2/2008
Always happy to see an update from you. Another great chapter.

So, if this one is nearly done, does that mean you have a new fic in the works? :)
calcium77 chapter 17 . 1/2/2008
I am always so happy to see an update from you! It was awesome as usual! Lots of good Dean-time. Is it wrong to miss Sam though? He was there, but not really there.

I am really sad that it is almost over :-( Actually really, really sad it is almost over. Will you promise to write more stories soon so I won't be so bummed?

Thanks for the update!

Kat

P.S. Who was the "deep voice" who was going to make sure that Dean followed orders? Maybe I just missed it if you said. Dad? Jim? Deb? Sorry.
Scullspeare chapter 17 . 1/2/2008
Aah! So much brotherly goodness in this chapter. It's a perfect illustration of what's been in short supply in Season 3. Sam and Dean, Dean and Sam is what it's all about and it's captured wonderfully here.

Don't ever apologize for this story being too long - you can't have too much of a good thing. Okay you can, especially if it's cheesecake, but great pacing fuelling a great story means this tale is just right. And we want more.

My only beef is you seem to be in unwitting collusion with Mother Nature - every time you post a new chapter, a winter storm dumps a pile of snow in my driveway. Yeah, called the snowplow driver again this morning. She and I need to have a little confab - I really look forward to each new chapter but could do without the snowy accompaniment. Maybe I should threaten to make her the villain in a future Supernatural fanfic. Hee.

Thanks again, Vicki. This story is a real gem!

Sculls
Rachelly chapter 17 . 1/2/2008
Happy New Year! It was great to wake up and see another chapter posted. I love this story and have enjoyed each and every post! This chapter was no different. Loved the details...of Dean's feelings, of Sam's injuries, of the conversation with the doctor, of Sam's medical situation. There was an urgency at the beginning, and a quiet sense that all would be okay at the end. The words and feel were so nice and I love Dean's telling his sleeping bro that he's "here" in the quiet of the room. Beautiful. Great job and eager to see the brother's interacting when Sam wakes up! Thanks for all you've done to make this such a great read!
ames 449 chapter 17 . 1/2/2008
Well finally got on and reviewed! I loved this chapter and I'm so sad this is coming to an end. I really liked the way you portrayed Dean's worry, his whole 'it doesn't matter if I'm on the floor bleeding, I still wanna know how Sam is' attitude. Typically Dean.

"Instead, a gentle warmth radiated from the skin. Not the heat of fever, merely the normal warmth of his little brother asleep. The warmth that he had felt hundreds of times over the years when he tucked his brother into bed, or checked on him during the night." Loved that bit. It was sweet. I wont bombard your review page with too many quotes, just try to pick a few...

"Wires trailed from his brother to a Star Wars type machine that seemed to be monitoring every vital statistic of his brother’s body, including rate of hair growth." loved that whole section. In fact I loved the whole description of the hospital rooms. It is so alien to most people but having nursed for a bit in my younger days I thought your medical stuff was really well done. You didn't over load the reader with loads of terminology and kept it easy to understand (some people think because they've seen ER a few times they are doctors lol)
Vanessa Sgroi chapter 17 . 1/2/2008
Oh, yes ma'am, I loved and adored every bit of this chapter. (Though I wanted to see Dean's collapse-though the buzzing in the ears, graying vision, and numb legs that proceeded it were good. hehe Yessiree, I'm evil.) The caring and concern documented here, the beloved hospital scenes, all of it made for a good read.

I particularly loved this line:

It might have been wishful thinking, but he swore the tension around Sam’s mouth eased a bit at his touch.

Now that this one is coming to a close (boo hoo! I'm really sad to see it end!), do you have another one on the horizon for us? I surely hope so.
apieceofcake chapter 16 . 1/1/2008
Great way for him to meet his end :-) But now I'm getting sad because it's gonna be over :-(

Lovely update! Happy New Year !
Fireman Phil chapter 8 . 12/31/2007
If you've read my comments about Chapter 7, you'll understand why I enjoyed this chapter so much. No violence here, just the opportunity to learn about the native lore and the role it plays in the story. Plus, we get to see it from different perspectives: Wilson's as explained to Sam and the broader Navajo culture as explained to Dean.

I'd love to stop and follow up on your suggestion about Googling, but I have to move on to YOUR next chapter instead.
Fireman Phil chapter 7 . 12/31/2007
Wow, another fantastic chapter! At last, we get to meet the skinwalker live and in the flesh. Yet while his identitiy is no longer a secret, many aspects of his background and behavior remain a mystery. However, as revealed to Sam, this guy is BAD.

The involvement of Pastor Jim reinforces the placement of the story in the Winchester chronology. Did you actually begin planning this during the first season?

Despite my involvement at Limp!Sam, I am not into severe whumpage. I would be just as happy to have the brothers simply outwit their adversaries with a minimum of actual violence. Having said that, I think you have the aspect of violence under control. It is part of the story but not the driving force.

Immobilization powder? Does it really exist within the lore? My reaction was more like: "Holy talcum powder, Batman!" (It so reminded me of the clever/humorous devices employed on the old TV series with Adam West.)

Regarding the actual native American lore, while I lack the knowledge to verify its athenticity, I think it should be quite evident to your readers that you are being most respectful in your use of it.
PointOfView chapter 16 . 12/30/2007
This is the absolute last thing I'm allowing myself to do before I shit the computer down to head off to work... which I haven't done in 3 months and I'm really starting to freak out. I even put on my scrubs and have my stethoscope hanging on my neck as I type.

And why am I sharing such absolute useless information in your review? Because I am so freakin' blown away by this chapter I honestly don't know what to say. Wow!

I can't tell you how much I wish this fic could be filmed as an episode... okay it'd be three-part episode but I'm willing to suffer. ;)

Okay I have been waiting patiently for someone to light that furry butt with the flare gun... and I understand why it had to wait... 'cause frankly I would have probably blown the Winchesters up by now. But the way you wrote that scene out did not disappoint! Far from it! In fact even though I knew that had to be the way "bad breath" was going down I was totally surprised by the way you had it come about. Go Sammy! Go Sammy!

Now I must go to work but I leave in the firm knowledge that when I get home in the morning I will see a notice that Ch 17 has been posted. Come on, you know what kind of hell I'm about to walk back into tonight. I could really use a little angsty Dean and limp Sam when I get home. Pretty please!
PointOfView chapter 15 . 12/30/2007
No time to review must find out what happens!

YOU ARE SO FREAKIN' EVIL! (HUGS)
Fireman Phil chapter 6 . 12/30/2007
Now, as if you were reading my mind, in this chapter you combine a mix of ingredients more to my liking: good measures of action and suspense with just a touch of emo stuff for seasoning. Yeah!

Not to worry about the cliffie. Cliffies are great if not overdone. You're doing it just right. Oh, as for the fire command jargon, I'm glad you aren't dwelling on it.

Think I have time for one more chapter before I have to leave.
Fireman Phil chapter 5 . 12/30/2007
Another fine chapter. Candidly, the emotional stuff, particularly the Sam/Dean flip-flop from what we would normally expect is mostly lost on me. I want to know how they're going to find the skinwalker or how he is going to find them! However, I have come to understand that a very large audience out there lives for such emo developments. So be it.

The references to John, Meg and Chicago remind me that all of this is happening in the previous season. However from what I have read so far, it could just as easily stand on its own at just about any point in the series.
478 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 22 .. Last Next »