Reviews for Hozho
apieceofcake chapter 16 . 1/1/2008
Great way for him to meet his end :-) But now I'm getting sad because it's gonna be over :-(

Lovely update! Happy New Year !
Fireman Phil chapter 8 . 12/31/2007
If you've read my comments about Chapter 7, you'll understand why I enjoyed this chapter so much. No violence here, just the opportunity to learn about the native lore and the role it plays in the story. Plus, we get to see it from different perspectives: Wilson's as explained to Sam and the broader Navajo culture as explained to Dean.

I'd love to stop and follow up on your suggestion about Googling, but I have to move on to YOUR next chapter instead.
Fireman Phil chapter 7 . 12/31/2007
Wow, another fantastic chapter! At last, we get to meet the skinwalker live and in the flesh. Yet while his identitiy is no longer a secret, many aspects of his background and behavior remain a mystery. However, as revealed to Sam, this guy is BAD.

The involvement of Pastor Jim reinforces the placement of the story in the Winchester chronology. Did you actually begin planning this during the first season?

Despite my involvement at Limp!Sam, I am not into severe whumpage. I would be just as happy to have the brothers simply outwit their adversaries with a minimum of actual violence. Having said that, I think you have the aspect of violence under control. It is part of the story but not the driving force.

Immobilization powder? Does it really exist within the lore? My reaction was more like: "Holy talcum powder, Batman!" (It so reminded me of the clever/humorous devices employed on the old TV series with Adam West.)

Regarding the actual native American lore, while I lack the knowledge to verify its athenticity, I think it should be quite evident to your readers that you are being most respectful in your use of it.
PointOfView chapter 16 . 12/30/2007
This is the absolute last thing I'm allowing myself to do before I shit the computer down to head off to work... which I haven't done in 3 months and I'm really starting to freak out. I even put on my scrubs and have my stethoscope hanging on my neck as I type.

And why am I sharing such absolute useless information in your review? Because I am so freakin' blown away by this chapter I honestly don't know what to say. Wow!

I can't tell you how much I wish this fic could be filmed as an episode... okay it'd be three-part episode but I'm willing to suffer. ;)

Okay I have been waiting patiently for someone to light that furry butt with the flare gun... and I understand why it had to wait... 'cause frankly I would have probably blown the Winchesters up by now. But the way you wrote that scene out did not disappoint! Far from it! In fact even though I knew that had to be the way "bad breath" was going down I was totally surprised by the way you had it come about. Go Sammy! Go Sammy!

Now I must go to work but I leave in the firm knowledge that when I get home in the morning I will see a notice that Ch 17 has been posted. Come on, you know what kind of hell I'm about to walk back into tonight. I could really use a little angsty Dean and limp Sam when I get home. Pretty please!
PointOfView chapter 15 . 12/30/2007
No time to review must find out what happens!

YOU ARE SO FREAKIN' EVIL! (HUGS)
Fireman Phil chapter 6 . 12/30/2007
Now, as if you were reading my mind, in this chapter you combine a mix of ingredients more to my liking: good measures of action and suspense with just a touch of emo stuff for seasoning. Yeah!

Not to worry about the cliffie. Cliffies are great if not overdone. You're doing it just right. Oh, as for the fire command jargon, I'm glad you aren't dwelling on it.

Think I have time for one more chapter before I have to leave.
Fireman Phil chapter 5 . 12/30/2007
Another fine chapter. Candidly, the emotional stuff, particularly the Sam/Dean flip-flop from what we would normally expect is mostly lost on me. I want to know how they're going to find the skinwalker or how he is going to find them! However, I have come to understand that a very large audience out there lives for such emo developments. So be it.

The references to John, Meg and Chicago remind me that all of this is happening in the previous season. However from what I have read so far, it could just as easily stand on its own at just about any point in the series.
PointOfView chapter 14 . 12/30/2007
Wow! Just... OMG wow!
PointOfView chapter 13 . 12/30/2007
Dang it woman I am supposed to be taking a nap before work... but no I decided to read one more chapter... 'cause you said it was short chapter... and now I'm so revved up there's no way for me to take a nap.

I'm a nervous wreck just reading it. So how in the world can you write something that tense and exciting without snapping like a twig?

Oops, sorry, I forgot who I was talking to... you snapped long ago.

I don't know what's more stressful hitting the button to take me to another chapter... or haning on the edge of this cliff.

What's a gal, who should have already been asleep, to do? ;)
PointOfView chapter 12 . 12/30/2007
Freakin' awesome chapter! There's so much tension in this fic it just blows me away! I literally end up pacing the floor with my laptop in my hands reading your fic. I swear if I trip and drop my baby you are in so much trouble. :P

"Pinheaded doobersnarks"! ROTFLOL! Yeah that sounds like Maygin all right.

I love Deb's driving... of course everybody in WV and VA drives like that so what would I know. ;)
Tyranusfan chapter 16 . 12/29/2007
Love it when Sam plays the hero...and him seeing a vision of Jess at the end was a nice touch.

Glad to see the skinwalker buy it, but sorry that it means this story will soon be over.

Great job! Can't wait for the update!
PointOfView chapter 11 . 12/29/2007
I LOVE THE OWLS!

Okay at first I was a little disappointed 'cause I got to admit I thought Bust-a-gut (as I've come to call him as I'm so bad with names... it's better than the first thing that kept popping up in my mind... Bet-he's-g! ... you can fill that one in for yourself as I don't wan't to offend anyone)...

... anyway like I was saying I thought he was being attacked by Ravens... and well you know with my hair I've been referred to as Raven a lot. But the owls so totally fit the fic. They're perfect!

ROTFLOL! I keep thinking... reading Dean's brain would be like flipping through an x-rated comic book. ;)

I know I'm way behind but I am so loving this fic!
Fireman Phil chapter 4 . 12/29/2007
Ditto, again.

I have no idea where this is all headed, but I really am beginning to think this would make an excellent screen play for a "made for TV movie" or a double episode.

I am enjoying you reflections about Sam's experiences with Jess. That's a nice touch and you blend it in so well with the over all relationship between Sam and Dean.

Your description of the attack by the wolf and the resulting injuries to Sam is very good and well balanced. In my opinion, some authors get carried away with beating up on the boys. You didn't. Sam's injuries are severe and we understand they could have been worse. This serves to raise the level of suspense and anxiety at the prospect of future encounters with this beast.

I think by now you should recognize that my interest in reading (at the way I review) has more to do with the action and

progression of the story and less to do with emotional elemnts of the brother to brother relationshiip. I'll leave that to the many female readers. I hope my interest and perspective helps you, too.
Fireman Phil chapter 3 . 12/29/2007
First, I applaud your use of the brief summary/recap from the previous chapter you use before beginning new material. I wish more authors in this forum would do that. I think it really helps focus the reader's attention as he/she begins the new chapter.

I'll just say ditto regarding my previous comments about descriptions, pacing and dialog. It's fun to watch Sam's mind at work methodically assembling pieces of the puzzle and to see Dean's reaction. Dean really needs to respect Sam's talent at deductive reasoning. I love stories where we get to develop an understanding of the lore behind the demon/spirit/adversary. This one really delivers.
Fireman Phil chapter 2 . 12/29/2007
To use a fishing metaphor, if you got us to nibble at the hook in Chapter 1, you really "set the hook" in this chapter.

Your description of physical elements in each scene is excellent, the pace of the story's progression is very good, and the dialog seems so authentic.

What a clever way to describe the mysterious adversary: the follower. That single word conveys so much meaning, and getting to see the situation from his/her/its perspective is a great device for building suspense. It's clear the guys have a real challenge on their hands and I can't wait to see what happens next.
470 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 22 .. Last Next »