Reviews for Hozho
PointOfView chapter 14 . 12/30/2007
Wow! Just... OMG wow!
PointOfView chapter 13 . 12/30/2007
Dang it woman I am supposed to be taking a nap before work... but no I decided to read one more chapter... 'cause you said it was short chapter... and now I'm so revved up there's no way for me to take a nap.

I'm a nervous wreck just reading it. So how in the world can you write something that tense and exciting without snapping like a twig?

Oops, sorry, I forgot who I was talking to... you snapped long ago.

I don't know what's more stressful hitting the button to take me to another chapter... or haning on the edge of this cliff.

What's a gal, who should have already been asleep, to do? ;)
PointOfView chapter 12 . 12/30/2007
Freakin' awesome chapter! There's so much tension in this fic it just blows me away! I literally end up pacing the floor with my laptop in my hands reading your fic. I swear if I trip and drop my baby you are in so much trouble. :P

"Pinheaded doobersnarks"! ROTFLOL! Yeah that sounds like Maygin all right.

I love Deb's driving... of course everybody in WV and VA drives like that so what would I know. ;)
Tyranusfan chapter 16 . 12/29/2007
Love it when Sam plays the hero...and him seeing a vision of Jess at the end was a nice touch.

Glad to see the skinwalker buy it, but sorry that it means this story will soon be over.

Great job! Can't wait for the update!
PointOfView chapter 11 . 12/29/2007
I LOVE THE OWLS!

Okay at first I was a little disappointed 'cause I got to admit I thought Bust-a-gut (as I've come to call him as I'm so bad with names... it's better than the first thing that kept popping up in my mind... Bet-he's-g! ... you can fill that one in for yourself as I don't wan't to offend anyone)...

... anyway like I was saying I thought he was being attacked by Ravens... and well you know with my hair I've been referred to as Raven a lot. But the owls so totally fit the fic. They're perfect!

ROTFLOL! I keep thinking... reading Dean's brain would be like flipping through an x-rated comic book. ;)

I know I'm way behind but I am so loving this fic!
Fireman Phil chapter 4 . 12/29/2007
Ditto, again.

I have no idea where this is all headed, but I really am beginning to think this would make an excellent screen play for a "made for TV movie" or a double episode.

I am enjoying you reflections about Sam's experiences with Jess. That's a nice touch and you blend it in so well with the over all relationship between Sam and Dean.

Your description of the attack by the wolf and the resulting injuries to Sam is very good and well balanced. In my opinion, some authors get carried away with beating up on the boys. You didn't. Sam's injuries are severe and we understand they could have been worse. This serves to raise the level of suspense and anxiety at the prospect of future encounters with this beast.

I think by now you should recognize that my interest in reading (at the way I review) has more to do with the action and

progression of the story and less to do with emotional elemnts of the brother to brother relationshiip. I'll leave that to the many female readers. I hope my interest and perspective helps you, too.
Fireman Phil chapter 3 . 12/29/2007
First, I applaud your use of the brief summary/recap from the previous chapter you use before beginning new material. I wish more authors in this forum would do that. I think it really helps focus the reader's attention as he/she begins the new chapter.

I'll just say ditto regarding my previous comments about descriptions, pacing and dialog. It's fun to watch Sam's mind at work methodically assembling pieces of the puzzle and to see Dean's reaction. Dean really needs to respect Sam's talent at deductive reasoning. I love stories where we get to develop an understanding of the lore behind the demon/spirit/adversary. This one really delivers.
Fireman Phil chapter 2 . 12/29/2007
To use a fishing metaphor, if you got us to nibble at the hook in Chapter 1, you really "set the hook" in this chapter.

Your description of physical elements in each scene is excellent, the pace of the story's progression is very good, and the dialog seems so authentic.

What a clever way to describe the mysterious adversary: the follower. That single word conveys so much meaning, and getting to see the situation from his/her/its perspective is a great device for building suspense. It's clear the guys have a real challenge on their hands and I can't wait to see what happens next.
Xdaisy chainX chapter 16 . 12/29/2007
wow this was amazing, i loved it, showdown with the skinwalker surrounded by flames

such a beautiful image

wicked update soon!

XsarahX
Fireman Phil chapter 1 . 12/29/2007
To make a long story short, I completely overlooked this story until my friend Carocali poked me in the ribs and asked why I wasn't reading it. I'm actually up to Chapter 4, but I prefer to reveiew chapter by chapter.

I think this has the potential to be a fantastic story - perhaps even a screen play. You grab our attention by creating a very sympathetic character and then mysteriously kill her off. The setting, the AT, provides a perfect visual backdrop and lots of isolation when required for building tension or spooky happenings. Your description of physical settings and character behavior is absolutely first rate, as is the way you capture dialog.

I am really enthused about reading more, and since I got off to a late start, I won't have to wait for new postings.
carocali chapter 16 . 12/29/2007
I sat here, filled with tension, watching the fires surround them. The black panther stalked from each pile of rocks, slipping in and out, readying to make his move. Oh, so amazing! I wondered how they would make it with little to no ammunition left. The flare gun! And what a great nod back to earlier chapters when Dean soaked the pelt in gasoline for that added luminousity of the fur! And he gets the tortured death he deserves. Fantastic end to Betzgai! I love that each of the brothers were able to contribute to his demise!

These boys have such incredible love for each other - and they would give their lives for each other. LOVED the speech that Deb gave regarding her firefighting friends in regards to the same thing. But Dean didn't think they were quite that close to that reality. He saw Sam standing true as he invoked the words of the Navajo to end Betzgai. But the fear that overtook him as he realized that Sam was no longer at the rock exuded from him. Such powerful writing!

And of course, Jess would be there to meet Sam as he takes his final breath. Setting this story in Season 1 when everything is still so up-in-the-air was a brilliant move. There is so much tension still between the brothers as they each want separate things - especially right after Shadow. Jess is still a very active part of Sam's life (not that she isn't currently, but time heals) and still a big part of what makes him ache at night. So beautiful as her golden locks fall around him.

So what now? Will the brave men and women of the fire brigade get to Sammy in time, or will Dean be left to face this world alone.

Absolutely incredible storytelling!

carocali chapter 9 . 12/28/2007
Another fabulous outing! Good for your son, being able to reenact his Soo Bahk Do moves! I clearly saw everything that Sam was doing - so tell him thank you!

The tension you've built to this point makes me squirm. And such a wonderful touch that the spell-breaker is the man Dean spoke to earlier! Watching Sam come out of the stupor and realizing that he'd made a faux-pas was a lot of fun. Thank God for "Our Town" or he'd never be able to pull it off!

And Rambo on Furby? Oh no you didn't! Too funny!

Amazing stuff!

carocali chapter 7 . 12/28/2007
I'm so gonna be late, but I can't stop reading...

Leave it to Dean to let his emotions out at exactly the wrong time, upping the ante with the skinwalker with the reveal about Sam being his brother! ugh! Gotta love him though!

I had wondered if the bite had done something to Sam with his dizzy spells, etc, but the 'ash' on the rock was the culprit! Beautiful use of 'witchcraft' and 'shamanism.' It's a touchy thing - playing with the Native American culture - but I think the fact that you've condemned his actions makes it flow better (at least in my opinion). I also find it fascinating that he lumps all the hunters into the same din-neh-ih. Awesome.

And I'd be remiss to leave out the absolutely heartbreaking exchange about Sam going back to school. So emotional on both fronts. These boys just kill me, and you write them magnificently!

Gotta run.. more later!

carocali chapter 4 . 12/28/2007
Now it comes out! You ARE a hiker! (keep in mind, I'm WAY behind here. Only Chapter 4!)

As I've been reading, I had to stop and tell you what a fabulous job you're doing! I wish I had all day to sit and read! Your details and descriptions of their clothing and the terminology of hiking is incredible. My thoughts were that you either WERE a hiker (which we've discovered you are) or you did a hell of a lot of research to get it perfect. Probably both, if I were to surmise! There is nothing I like better than an intelligent, well thought out piece, and I've finally found it!

I'm also a sucker for Native American mythology, so I can't wait see what other truths you uncover along the AT!

Can't wait to read more!

Kaewi chapter 16 . 12/28/2007
What a great ending for Betzgai! Action packed. After all that has happened, he deserved to go out with a bang. I'm glad that Deb found out the truth, too. She seems like the type that can handle it.

And now for one of my favourite things: recovery! Although I suppose that means the story is ending soon, which makes me sad.
478 | « Prev Page 1 .. 3 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 23 .. Last Next »