Reviews for Hozho
Kaewi chapter 16 . 12/28/2007
What a great ending for Betzgai! Action packed. After all that has happened, he deserved to go out with a bang. I'm glad that Deb found out the truth, too. She seems like the type that can handle it.

And now for one of my favourite things: recovery! Although I suppose that means the story is ending soon, which makes me sad.
bb1028 chapter 16 . 12/28/2007
really awesome chapter, sam is definitely at the end of his rope here...you've done such a great job with this so far, i totally love it :) see ya next time ..beth
Scullspeare chapter 16 . 12/27/2007
Another great chapter, LadyVic - even with the evil cliffie. Gr. :)

Excellent pacing and storytelling here; loved the two perspectives approach, with Deb as a great foil.

And you sure are beating the heck out of Sam. Please, um, continue. (Only in the context of fanfic is that request nowhere near as twisted as it appears.)

As always, many thanks and looking forward to the next instalment.

Sculls
jenilee chapter 16 . 12/27/2007
Amazing chapter.

Loved these beautifully written descriptions they suck you right into the scene.

- "The Beretta lay on the ground midway between them, glittering red and gold as it reflected the flames in back of the big cat."

- " The panther’s legs flexed as it prepared to leap. It was impossible to tell which brother was its intended target. The wind whipped around them, pushing Sam’s damp hair off of his forehead and stoking the fire in back of the skinwalker into a small firestorm."

-"Ash fell eerily through the air as a deep shadow slowly fell over them. The light of the flames replaced the lost sunlight, angry reds and golds flickering across every surface. Heat pulsed from the fire, warming the rocks around Sam and easing the chills that coursed through him."

Loved the end. Sam sounds like he's ready to stay with Jess. His "I'm so tired, Jess" and Dean's demanding he stays. I just really loved that part. It has such a sad and desperate feel, I can't really even describe it.
calcium77 chapter 16 . 12/27/2007
Awesome update! It seems like forever since there was one. I was very happy to come home from a hard day of shopping and see this in my inbox. Deb makes me laugh :-)

I am hoping that you are not really going to let Sam die? You would have warned me...so I will wait until your next update to find out.

Love the story. (I think I have said that before about 15 times, but once more for good measure)

Thanks!

Kat
AnickaMarie chapter 16 . 12/27/2007
It doesn't look good when a guy starts to see his dead girlfriend. Nice to know they finally got rid of Betzgai though. Another great chapter. Can't wait for another one.
I'mcalledZorro chapter 16 . 12/27/2007
Great chapter! I so can't wait for the next chapter, I hope you get it up soon.
Vanessa Sgroi chapter 16 . 12/27/2007
ACK! Poor, poor Sammy! Just when you thought you could breath a sigh of relief that Betzgai's dead and gone...

I'm loving the major hurt and angst and worry goin' on in this chapter. I'm sad to see this all coming to a close.
Surplus Imagination chapter 16 . 12/27/2007
Good death scene. I liked Deb already knowing about the lore. I know you are enjoying teasing us with Jess, but I can't help but think that Sam won't stay with her. Thanks for the update!
TraSan chapter 16 . 12/27/2007
AGH!

He had better be only "mostly dead." :D

I loved the spirtual imagery in this chapter (as well as the exciting conclusion).

The Hawk - Hmm...you know I'm going to have to go out and research the Navajo symbolism of the hawk, right? This is your crazy way of sucking me in? LOL.

Another very excellent intallment.
Angela-Marie chapter 16 . 12/27/2007
gah! Sam!
DreamShadows chapter 16 . 12/27/2007
my gosh, you've got me blubbering like a little girl... That was so heart wrenching at there at the end... The whole chapter was powerful and riveting, but the last 3 or 4 passages just had me right at the edge, and I was pouting and whimpering, and though I'm ashamed (not) to admit it... There were tears as Dean screamed and Sammy tried to keep his promise.

All in all, just a wow! chapter... I knew this chapter would be good, I just didn't think... well I didn't think... You're an amazing writer, and I bow to your cliffs, and emotional displays... And Dean's little Lifetime quip had a smile quirking...

BRILLIANT!

All that drivel meant that this my dear is an awesome work!

Take care and update soon,

DS

PS, thanks for the cliff notes with your last reply... It really helped to set the scene, and with me going for psychology... Well I think my professor is happy that I'm doing a little more work outside of class, looking up some of the stuff you mentioned...

Rachelly chapter 16 . 12/27/2007
Wow! Great chapter! Loved the action, the human intelligence of the panther making the creature so threatening, cunning, and still dangerous even after being so badly injured. I loved Sam in this chapter! His strength drawn from determination and his love for his brother and desire to protect him...as well as his limpness! The details of his losing consciousness were fantastic..with Jess added in. Loved Dean in this too. His determination not to let the panther do more harm, his panic when he fears it is after Sam, then his relief in seeing the skinwalker die only to realize Sam is down. Great brotherly concern and pleading for Sammy to stay with him. The blank eyes staring up, unseeing...so heart wrenching! Great job! So glad the skinwalker is dead and help's on the way! Looking forward to more of Dean's concern, maybe a bedside vigil? And the boys being restored to health and their togetherness! Great chapter and great read! And Deb, she's a great character! Fantastic Story! Thanks for sharing your talents with us!
Thorny Hedge chapter 16 . 12/27/2007
“God save me from Y chromosomes.” - Hee hee, tell me about it.

Poor Sammy. He does seem to get whumped on a lot, doesn't he? :)
Harrigan chapter 16 . 12/27/2007
SO close to the end now ...! Whew! It was good of you to still get a chapter out on a busy week like this. Can't wait for the rest!
479 | « Prev Page 1 .. 4 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 24 .. Last Next »