Reviews for Hozho
geminigrl11 chapter 15 . 12/23/2007
Vic, this is just so stinking good, it's hard not to stalk you night and day for the entire thing. Your descriptions of everything-the setting itself, the fire, Sam's injuries, the attack and defense-are just absolutely riveting. I can hear the snap and pop or tree branches being consumed, feel Sam's weariness, see the sweat and dirt and blood, feel the crawl of fear and frustrtaion that this damned Betzgai charatcer WON'T. DIE! I'm amazed the boys have managed to hang on this long, physically. Sam's running on less than fumes and Dean isn't in great shape, himself. Thank God for Deb and the protection she has unknowingly offered. (She is such a great OC. The kind I'd not only get a kick out of on the show-one ep only, though, Kripke, so don't get any ideas-not to mention meetin RL). I have a feeling though, things are still bound for worse before they start heading for better. Can't wait for more!
PointOfView chapter 10 . 12/23/2007
I have to say I am beyond loving this story and your writing. Seriously I don't think you have any clue how brilliant your writng happens to be.

Every time I read a line and think... okay she's flubbed it a bit it happens... you totally prove me wrong with the very next line... like in the last chapter I think it was Sam was holding the cut ends of the rob tightly in his fist to keep the skinwalker thinking he was still bound... but then you wrote that he threw up his hands in a placating jester "palms up" and I'm like well no his palms can't go up 'cause he'd lose hold of the rope... and the very next line is like he hoped Dean could see the ends of the rope he had managed to keep clenched beneath his finger tips.

Or when I Sam says something and I can hear Dean's response in my head before I read what you wrote... and you so freakin' wrote the response Dean would use...

ex. ((“Because one look at me and he knew he was dealing with a mythic figure?”)) ROTFLOL! Okay in my mind Dean called himself a "legend"... but you know what I mean.

Just one criticism:

((claws slashing through the air over and over. Oh god, no, Sammy…

-SN-SN-SN-SN-SN-

A/N: First, I’m sorry for the cliffie. Again. It just really was the most logical spot to insert a break.))

How in heck can that be the most logical spot to insert a break? Did they offer Torture Techniques 101 at your university? Or do you just own stock in an HMO 'cause you are giving me a freakin' heart attack!

And dang it I have to stop here because I promised to make my nephew fudge.

You are a cruel evil woman!
calcium77 chapter 15 . 12/23/2007
A very exciting action filled update! It goes without saying that I loved it...but I will say it anyways..."I loved it!"

Thanks for the update. I assume that there won't be another for a while? Everyone is busy with the holidays...so no updates is understandable...sad but understandable. I will keep checking my mail just in case though. :-)

Merry Christmas!

(I am off to look through cookbooks to see if I can find some sort of side dish to make on Christmas. I always make mashed potatoes...but wanted to make one extra one this year...I am a horrible cook)
PointOfView chapter 9 . 12/23/2007
The strike is over... my mind is finally at peace... and I can finally read again! YIPE!

Yes I'm a little hyped up and off my rocker but in my defense this chapter freakin' rawks! (And I have been baking Christmas cookies all morning long... so I'm sure the sugar to blood ratio circulating in my veins is beyond skewed... in fact I may now have vanilla circulating in my veins instead. Must make a note not to donate blood until after the new year.)

I swear this fic is beyond brilliant! And thank your son for me for the terrific Sam knocks Betzgai on his ass scene!

W00-HOO that was good! Especially since everytime that slime calls Sam "brother" I have this overwhelming desire to bite his freakin' nose off!

Two favorite lines of the chapter:

((Sam stoked the fire filling his belly, fueling the anger with the bone deep imperative to protect Dean. You don’t get him! Not him! NOT MY BROTHER!)) Aw! Have I told you lately your my favorite? (HUGS)

((“I’m okay.” A multi purpose phrase that the Winchester’s used to describe every condition short of death.)) LOL! Yep, sorta my "I'm fine."

Oops... smells like my cookies are ready to come out of the oven. Can't wait to read more.
Rachelly chapter 15 . 12/22/2007
Another awesome chapter! I love how Dean is open with Deb about his closeness with Sam and I love Sam's limpness, as he struggles to save his bro, and his strength as he outwardly challenges the skinwalker. The action was great in this and as I've said before, I really like Deb! You've created a wonderful character here and represented your friends admirably in her. Great read! Hoping for more limpness and troubles before the ending, though it sounds like our skinwalker is on his way out...I just love your hurt/comfort/survival combo in this story. It offers quite an exciting story!
jenilee chapter 15 . 12/22/2007
Another amazing chapter and this is one of my favourites.

I loved the part where Dean kinda comes to terms with being ok with Sam going back to school. That they would always be brothers, there for each no matter what.

Loved Sam taunting Betzgai. I think that is one of my favourite parts in this chapter and this is one of my favourite descriptions -"The cat hit the ground slightly off balance as a result of its prey suddenly disappearing. The unimpeded momentum slid the creature forward a few feet before it could gather its legs under it, but then it turned smoothly and its red eyes fixed on the figures on the ground." Love that.
WofOZ chapter 15 . 12/22/2007
Your story's been awesome and I can't wait for more. Curious though, which is the name of the book about Pulaski? I'm really interested in reading it.
Tyranusfan chapter 15 . 12/22/2007
I just got my PC back Thursday and was able to catch up on the chapters I missed today. You really burn up the keyboard in two weeks!

Geez, I thought I was hard on the boys, you're really working them over... Great job so far. I loved the owls. Something about giant birds always reels me in. It was the same in Lord of the Rings.

I thought at first that the firefighter original character might have been the one to fire over Sam's head here...but I'm glad it wasn't her playing the hero. She's behaving like a non-hunter character should. Well done!

Can't wait for more! Merry Christmas!
Xdaisy chainX chapter 15 . 12/22/2007
awesome chapter as usual, my only complaint is that it has to finish lol. i wish it was all here and pages and pages long so that i could read it forever

i love it that much lol

update soon, this is awesome stuff!

XsarahX
Angela-Marie chapter 15 . 12/22/2007
They just never get a break, do they?
Thorny Hedge chapter 15 . 12/22/2007
Keeps getting better and better!
supernaturalsammy67 chapter 15 . 12/22/2007
OMG hun!

the tension, the action, the adrenaline!1

i feel like im there im even shouting for Dean to go DOWN sat at my computor in my bedroom lol my family thinks im nuts now, thanks lol x

it was an amazing chapter my dear! WO

heheheheh...i absoloutley loved it, it had everything and im loving Deb's character btw, she blends so well with the boys, your so good at creating the right pace and mood for this story x

your off the scale of wow, past amazing, tipped over astounding and reached the never reachabe top of absoloute perfection x

there IS no other writer like YOU hun, there WILL NEVER be any writer or author, or even person as amazingly talented and gifted and sweet as you x

thank you from the bottom of my heart and all its warmness for such a unforgettable story that i will treasure always-just to let you know, im gonna re-read the whole thing on christmas day hehehehhee what better prezzie x

im so glad its not finished yet, i never want it to end x

thanks for always updating with the best chapters EVER!

and no worries about updating a lil behind, its fine hun x

merry christmas, i hope you take care and you and your daughter spend a gr8 christmas and enjoy it al x

mush love - Fiona x

thanks a lot Vicky hun, its been another amazing year and your the icing to the christmas cake x

your an inspiration and a sweetheart x

happy holidays xx
Phx chapter 15 . 12/22/2007
Wow - what a chapter! I loved it. My favorite part being Sam baiting the skinwalker. I can only imagine the combination of fear, anger and pride that must have spiked through Dean when he realized what Sam was doing. And I loved that Sam acknowledged his own growing weakness and relied on Dean's strenght to finish this off, and Sam's relucatance to allow this to drag out to the point that he couldn't back his brother up. Thank goodness for adrenline 'cause I think that's about all that's keeping Sam in the game at this moment.
Vanessa Sgroi chapter 15 . 12/22/2007
Another wonderful chapter, Vic. I was so happy to see the notice in my inbox after getting home from last minute Christmas shopping. I really enjoyed reading the confrontation between Betzgai/the panther and the boys. I particularly liked how you wrote how clever and sneaky the skinwalker was. You conveyed it very well.

So the question is-is Betzgai now mortally wounded? Or is he still gonna be hunting our boys? I suspect we've not seen the last of him quite yet.
apieceofcake chapter 15 . 12/22/2007
Another good update! Liked the conversation between Dean and Deb, and Sam taunting him at the end.
454 | « Prev Page 1 .. 4 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 24 .. Last Next »