Reviews for Hozho
apieceofcake chapter 5 . 11/26/2007
Oh Boys !
jenilee chapter 5 . 11/26/2007
Well Vicki with the click of the door and the thunk of the Mcdonalds bag...you broke my heart into little sad pieces. :(
lol chapter 5 . 11/26/2007
you're all kinds of awesome...
Surplus Imagination chapter 5 . 11/26/2007
Great story. I just picked it up and started reading. I love the continual misunderstandings the two have. The action scenes are all well written. The dialoge flows well.

It would be easy to imagine Sam getting the email from an old professor. As for Sam's schooling, it doesn't specify on the show, but I've always felt that Sam finished his bachelors degree before Dean comes for him. Also, I think that John sent Dean after Sam because his degree was done. All the 'Dad is missing' was just a pretence. Since you are working in the first season, I thought you might like an opinion. I keep hoping to see it show up in a story.

Thanks for the story. I look forward to your next update!
Scullspeare chapter 5 . 11/25/2007
Another great chapter. Love the emotional volatility of the boys - and I find it completely in keeping with where the characters were in Season One.

Clearly the Winchesters are not a 'talk it out' family so there are going to be a lot of missteps as they try and figure out the new parameters of their relationship post-Stanford.

I think that came through wonderfully in the first-aid scene ie. 'Dean wondered exactly when it was that his overly dramatic baby brother had gotten so tough.' A great illustration of Dean recognizing Sam has changed while still seeing him as the little brother he is responsible for and must take care of.

Looking forward to Chapter Six.
KatieMalfoy19 chapter 5 . 11/25/2007
Ugh! These boys so need to learn how to communicate! Now Dean is thinking that Sam wants to go back to school and is pushing him towards it to keep him safe because he feels he isn't doing a good job of it and now Sam is thinking Dean is wanting him to go back to school because Dean doesn't trust him to watch his back. Ugh! The sad thing is that I can totally see something like this happening on the show because our boys are not the best at communicating. Can't wait for more! Katie
calcium77 chapter 5 . 11/25/2007
Aw...brother fight! Loved it! Very well done. Seemed like something Kripke himself would have written :-)

Kat
DreamShadows chapter 5 . 11/25/2007
Wow... What an emotional chapter! I was awed by the hits as they kept coming for both brothers... Wow! Amazing writing girl... and the fight scene in the previous chapter... Awesome!

Love this story...

Take care and update soon,

OSS
Kaewi chapter 5 . 11/25/2007
I love the emotion explosion you had in this chapter. I especially like how you had Sam so calm during his speech. Had way more impact than a shouting match. Resolving this is going to be interesting with those two hardheaded boys!
Vanessa Sgroi chapter 5 . 11/25/2007
Gosh, the emotion was so thick in this chapter. It was amazing. I found myself wanting to yell at both boys for hurting each other, and my heart was breaking right along with each of theirs. Please, please tell me that the next chapter is coming soon?

Vanessa
Angela-Marie chapter 5 . 11/25/2007
The poor boys are certainly having a rough time with things. Nice job.
calcium77 chapter 4 . 11/25/2007
Loved the description of the wolf attack! Really great story so far! I'm totally hooked.

Thanks!
bayre chapter 4 . 11/25/2007
This was a great chapter!
Harrigan chapter 4 . 11/25/2007
This is a wonderful surprise! I was looking for something to make the lack of new episodes more bearable and am very excited by this.

I normally have an aversion to WIPs - but your story has a strong and effective pacing that suggests that you know where it's going and are building suspense to a logical conclusion. You won't be meandering around waiting for readers to tell you what they want, which ends up with a story without cohesiveness, and I feel like you won't leave us hanging for weeks or months on end. So, Yay!

I love the research (and first hand experience?) you bring to the story - it really transports the readers into this world.

You clearly are careful about your prose (and credit to your beta(s) too!). There are no careless mistakes or clumsy word choices that knock the reader out of the momentum of the story - so I'm completely and effectively lost and imersed in the boys' problems and challenges.

Which - by the way - are awesome! At first, I was put off by Navajo references on the Appalachian Trail, but the story was so compelling that I stuck with it, and was soon rewarded by Dean mentioning that skinwalkers aren't known east of the Mississippi, and then you revealed the Arizona license plates. So - problem solved. I could buy that now.

Your h/c decriptions are a pleasure to wallow in - and I know there must be more in store.

And finally - I'm intrigued at the relationship between Sam and Dean. It's such a moving target over the course of the series - when they are honest with each other and when they aren't... when they misunderstand each other and when they don't ... what they want and expect from each other.

Some of the fanfic I've been sampling lately really doesn't quite get the brothers' relationship right. Some Sam writers feel compelled to make Dean unsympathetic. I think you're walking a tricky line here, but setting the story shortly after Shadows works for the relationship you're exploring.

I'm eager for the rest of this - and more stories to come, I hope. I hope you'll forgive me for not commenting after each chapter, though. Once per story is my motto - and even then you really have to knock my socks off! This does!
bayre chapter 3 . 11/24/2007
Very nice chapter Vic, the tension is building up. And Dean in hiking gear...gah!
454 | « Prev Page 1 .. 17 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 .. Last Next »