Reviews for Hozho
bayre chapter 4 . 11/25/2007
This was a great chapter!
Harrigan chapter 4 . 11/25/2007
This is a wonderful surprise! I was looking for something to make the lack of new episodes more bearable and am very excited by this.

I normally have an aversion to WIPs - but your story has a strong and effective pacing that suggests that you know where it's going and are building suspense to a logical conclusion. You won't be meandering around waiting for readers to tell you what they want, which ends up with a story without cohesiveness, and I feel like you won't leave us hanging for weeks or months on end. So, Yay!

I love the research (and first hand experience?) you bring to the story - it really transports the readers into this world.

You clearly are careful about your prose (and credit to your beta(s) too!). There are no careless mistakes or clumsy word choices that knock the reader out of the momentum of the story - so I'm completely and effectively lost and imersed in the boys' problems and challenges.

Which - by the way - are awesome! At first, I was put off by Navajo references on the Appalachian Trail, but the story was so compelling that I stuck with it, and was soon rewarded by Dean mentioning that skinwalkers aren't known east of the Mississippi, and then you revealed the Arizona license plates. So - problem solved. I could buy that now.

Your h/c decriptions are a pleasure to wallow in - and I know there must be more in store.

And finally - I'm intrigued at the relationship between Sam and Dean. It's such a moving target over the course of the series - when they are honest with each other and when they aren't... when they misunderstand each other and when they don't ... what they want and expect from each other.

Some of the fanfic I've been sampling lately really doesn't quite get the brothers' relationship right. Some Sam writers feel compelled to make Dean unsympathetic. I think you're walking a tricky line here, but setting the story shortly after Shadows works for the relationship you're exploring.

I'm eager for the rest of this - and more stories to come, I hope. I hope you'll forgive me for not commenting after each chapter, though. Once per story is my motto - and even then you really have to knock my socks off! This does!
bayre chapter 3 . 11/24/2007
Very nice chapter Vic, the tension is building up. And Dean in hiking gear...gah!
Colby's girl chapter 4 . 11/24/2007
I just read through the first four chapters of the story and I am thoroughly hooked! I can't wait for the next chapter. Thanks for the great reading. I'm not from the US so it's not a holidy here but I would like to wish you a Happy Thanksgiving!
Kaewi chapter 4 . 11/24/2007
Great fic so far! Excellent limp, too. I love the subtle rift you have going between the brothers, and how it's playing out with the plot. Seems very in character.

Can't wait to read more :)
friendly chapter 4 . 11/23/2007
great job.. can't wait for more
Tyranusfan chapter 4 . 11/23/2007
Another great chapter! I like how the boys seem to constantly misunderstand each other. You're really capturing the dynamic that existed back in season 1 before Sam and Dean "started to be brothers again."

Well done! Update soon!
Nilah chapter 3 . 11/23/2007
I can tell that I am going to love this story. Your Native American theme hooked me right off, and using that to offset the boys’ relationship at this time is perfect. I am betting that we can look forward to some chills, spills and thrills.
Vanessa Sgroi chapter 4 . 11/23/2007
Have I mentioned lately how much I love this story? It's just so enthralling. Makes one feel like they're right there on the AT with the boys. Yup, I love it. Can't wait for the next update!
apieceofcake chapter 4 . 11/23/2007
I love your descriptions..makes you feel like you are there too :-)

Oh boys..still miscommunicating!
Rachelly chapter 4 . 11/23/2007
Another great chapter! Loved the boys banter and thoughts as they is fun to see inside their heads. You do a great job of searching out their thoughts and feelings...Sam's about Stanford and Jess and the awkwardness whenever he talked about Stanford and yet wanting to let Dean in...And Dean...wanting to know that part of Sam's life. I loved the cleverness of the skinwalker...and the attack. The details, the ferociousness of it, Sammy being hurt yet so skilled at not getting killed by the thing. Loved Dean's absolute panick when he realized Sam was in trouble right up to chasing the creature off of his brother and standing between it and Sam. You've built up some wonderful tension in your story and I'm nervous for so many reasons...the creature is ticked, hurt, and liable to be so much more vicious...the creature has set its sights on Sam which means more trouble for our youngest Winchester and finally Sam is hurt which means less able to defend himself for the next attack. On the other hand...more Sammy in trouble and hurt means more angsty Dean... A yummy combo! Great job! Can't wait for more!
Scullspeare chapter 4 . 11/22/2007
Great chapter. The fact you know the area and love hiking lends a wonderful realism to this story's backdrop.

As for the brothers, I particularly loved the misinterpretation of motives and needs over Sam's Stanford years. To me, that exchange rang very true - not to mention cracked my heart a little.

And as for this line - 'Sam looked at the huge packs being lugged around by the female firefighters and started to laugh. “Yeah. Their packs are bigger.”' - Hee!

I'm ready for more.
jenilee chapter 4 . 11/22/2007
This site just ate my review then posted it for chapter one...all I can say is HUH?

Here we go again... copied and pasted from that chapter one review. lol

I really loved this chapter, you have some great descriptions in here. The paragraph with the line about the the gun oil really sticks with me.

The fight with the skinwalker is awesome! oh and loved the tension with the boys yelling over the radios just before that.

"That’s the Vulcan greeting,” lol...
jenilee chapter 1 . 11/22/2007

"That’s the Vulcan greeting,” lol...
Angela-Marie chapter 4 . 11/22/2007
I'm suddenly feeling extremely glad that I am neither Sam nor Dean. I love your monster and it makes me quite nervous that it is so intelligent. And I'm definitely feeling frustrated that the boys can't just be honest with each other and talk about their concerns (although I suppose, if they did talk, they wouldn't be the Sam and Dean that we know and love.)

And poor Sam's arm! Ouch!

Can't wait to see what else is in store.
472 | « Prev Page 1 .. 19 26 27 28 29 30 31 .. Last Next »