Reviews for Hozho
jenilee chapter 3 . 11/22/2007
Have I told you yet how much I love your oc's? Gus makes me chuckle, pretty sure his brother is the guy who used to do the purolator deliveries where I work...lol

One thing I loved about Dean in s1. The goofy, joking and "Eddie Bauer threw up on me!" and the ever patient Sam who just rolls his eyes and lets half of Dean's silly antics pass without comment, cos goodness gracious the boy doesn't need Sam to encourage him.

Can't wait for the next bit! You are getting close to one of my favourite parts...
jenilee chapter 2 . 11/22/2007
Thanks Vic. Girl, this is definitely more than "ok" effort. I've read this several times while you were writing and could easily read it again and again without getting tired of it.

I may repeat myself with some of my comments it's been awhile ago.

Dean you dog, drooling after Chrissie...down boy! Love the kick under the table, such a Sam move.

You had so many awesome oneliners in this chapter. Love the line, Dr. doolittle, psycho Bambi, Kreskin and my personal favourite the animal justice league...lol!

I loved this first meeting with the skinwalker and the boys. Getting to see it from the wolf's point of view, knowing what he was thinking and the boys realising that the stakes on this hunt just got higher. I love an intelligent bad guy.
jenilee chapter 1 . 11/22/2007
I'm so happy your posting this, it's such an amazing story.

I'll try not to blather on like I usually do. I really liked Susan, you did such a great job with her that I felt sad for her and even for Gus cos they obviously were friends.

The boys are perfect. Dean with his silly comments and I'm pretty sure I can hear Sam's frustrated sighs from here.

Of course my favorite descriptions(which I'll keep to a minumum). Love all the scene with Susan and the bear. Also when Dean comes back to all of Sam's previous nights work scattered all over the room.

And one of my very favorites is after the arguement when Dean left and Sam threw his notebook at the wall, torn pages fluttering to the ground. I loved that.
geminigrl11 chapter 3 . 11/22/2007
Dude, seriously. Why have you not been writing all along?

This is one hell of an intriguing case fic. I love that you have researched the lore and have such a love for Native American mythology (your medicine bear sounds gorgeous. I am thinking banner.:)) And I love camper/hiker!Sam! So cool, and it fits with his personality I think (and Dean's as well. Poor guy, stuck in Eddie Bauer-land).

The brother-moments are spot-on, and I can't get over how well you write both of them. “You’re my brother, and I am never gonna stand by and let you get hurt…let you die…if there’s anything I can do to stop it. No matter what. As far as I’m concerned, letting go of you up there was not an option.” Perfection. And who taught Sam this kind of attitude and fortitude. Dean, that's who. :)

You've got me riveted. Can't wait for the next chapter (and you'd better believe this is not the last SN fic we are going to be letting you write, so make sure your muse gets the biggest piece of pie. You're going to need her).

Happy Thanksgiving!
Tyranusfan chapter 3 . 11/22/2007
I really like this so far! For some reason, watching the boys fight is intriguing.

I loved this:

" Sam thought he heard a quiet mutter about all work and no play making Sammy a pain in the ass"

Great job! Update soon!
Vanessa Sgroi chapter 3 . 11/22/2007
Thanks for the wonderful update. It made my Thanksgiving morning to get up and read it. Can't wait for the next installment. :-)
Scullspeare chapter 3 . 11/21/2007
A great 'reading the map' chapter - showing you what lies ahead and getting you excited about the journey. I like the slight tension between the boys; I like the reasons fuelling it even better. Oh, and things 'heat up' in the next chapter, huh? Hee. Good stuff!
Spooky-Girl chapter 3 . 11/21/2007
Okay, I'm hooked. Looking forward to the next part, this is definitely a good read so far!
Angela-Marie chapter 3 . 11/21/2007
Still interested.
marisa chapter 3 . 11/21/2007
Just found this story and I'm really glad I did! The story is interesting and you've done a great job conveying the tension between Sam and Dean.

My only concern is that in this chapter, Dean comes across, well, kind of dumb. He needs Sam to explain the whole case to him as if Dean's some kind of amateur and can't figure things out for himself. I know Sam is really book smart but Dean is a good hunter with more years of experience. Maybe the playing field could be a little more level? It would just be nice if Dean had a little more of an identity (such as a capable hunter) than just Sam's protector/big brother. Just a suggestion, you know - I really do like this story a lot!
PointOfView chapter 3 . 11/21/2007
So this is what you call a "slow chapter full of plot development". Wow! I say bring on the plot development! :D

First off I loved every moment of our time with the boys immediately following Sam saving Dean's life.

Sam thinking he may be bleeding but not checking because of no wanting Dean to know. (You know how that kind of moment rocks my world! *squee*)

The way you wrote Dean informing Sam about the bullet count and what could have happened up on that ridge. OMG! That's super angst! LOVED IT!

And I simply loved "the man makes the clothes". *swoon* :D

But seriously the angst at the end with Sam asking Dean what they would do if they ran into the man not the animal... that just blew me away! You've captured my boys perfectly! And dangit but you can write!
SometimesAlways chapter 3 . 11/21/2007
Yet another excellent update. I really like this :) More please.

Cheers,

SA
krimson chapter 2 . 11/21/2007
Some stories have good characterizations. Some stories have exciting action sequences and well scripted plots. Rarely does a single story contain both, as this one does. I am looking forward to the continuation of this tale!
Vanessa Sgroi chapter 2 . 11/21/2007
An amazing update, Vic. Such attention to detail. I'm really looking forward to future chapters of this wonderful story.
bayre chapter 2 . 11/21/2007