Reviews for Hozho
skag trendy chapter 18 . 1/10/2008
Bloody well done mate! I've followed this story pretty closely and I loved the writing style all the way through.

I still think you're a pro writer pretending be an amateur though! ;-)

Have you thought about writing the next Supernatural novel? I've read Nevermore and Witches Canyon and I reckon you could easily do just as well if not better!

Kind regards,

ST.x.
ames 449 chapter 18 . 1/10/2008
I'm so incredibly sad that this is the last chapter. I can't believe how much I have enjoyed this story. Every chapter was just a true joy to read. I'll try not to go on too long in this review (and pigs might fly lol) and just pick out a few bits as I'm reading along. Its hard when you give me so much to like though!

Ok, the first few paragraphs blew me away! I totally loved the way Sam came around and how he came to be aware of Dean's voice. I REALLY loved the way you said his and Dean's voices were so interlinked. Wonderful!

" I’m getting bored just sitting here. Your nurse is a guy and you don’t even have a TV.” - So typically Dean!

I loved how much Sam could read in Dean's voice, even despite the grogginess. Their bond is such a strong one and you really hold on to that so well. I can tell everything my little sister is thinking by a mere eyebrow flick lol. Its really true that you can become so bonded with a sibling that you can become almost the ying to their yang.

The Rip line made me giggle. Rip Van Winkle? I'm sure he was the dude who slept and slept... and then ran through the town in his nightgown? Ok, that sounds totally weird now I've said it out loud.

The following lines were even funnier! Ah bless Dean and his covering all scary situations with humour. Some of the lines you wrote him were just so funny. The one about the nurse had me in hysterics!

"For a Winchester that was practically the definition of a vacation." - Poor boys. the fact that a stay in hospital can even been considered a holiday is bizarre.

"It didn’t look like a painted mask over a husk empty of emotions." That was a really nice description.

"His left hand was busy trying to unobtrusively reach behind his back and snake a brownie off of the foil covered plate." - I was laughing that much when I read this bit I had to go back and re-read it twice! Just like Dean... worried about Sam but there are brownies! Priorities! He can have his cake and definitely eat it whilst making sure Sam is ok. God woman that was hilarious! I could totally envision Jensen playing that as well.

"my wheels aren’t even on the road, much less up to speed" - Great analogy!

Aww Sam's little speech to Dean about friends coming second to his brother was just so heartwarming. I love how you capture these two characters so well and deal with a lot of their emotions and fears without making them seem girly or pathetic.

I'm sorry this review is already huge (you know how much I love to talk lol), but seriously, this story has been consistantly wonderful the whole way through. I have enjoyed every minute of it and I'm so glad you are working on another story already! You should really be proud of what you have done here my dear. I have no idea what I'm going to read now that its finished.
apieceofcake chapter 18 . 1/10/2008
Good ending to a great story! Have enjoyed it muchly, thank you :-)

I shall look out for your next one!

xx.
Scullspeare chapter 18 . 1/9/2008
Fantabulous story, Vicki. You hooked me in Chapter 1 and I've looked forward to each and every chapter since - accompanying snowstorms notwithstanding. Hee.

I loved your characterizations of the boys throughout, whether they were butting heads or watching each others' backs, they were always true to form.

Your descriptions of the AT, wildfires and the Navajo legends were incredible. Passion is an invaluable tool to a writer; it can bring a story to life in a way nothing else can, and this story most definitely came alive.

In a nutshell, awesome; I loved reading every word.

Thanks for taking me on this journey with you. I had a blast and can't wait for your next adventure.

Sculls
jenilee chapter 18 . 1/9/2008
I can't tell you how sad I was to see the words complete under your story. Don't get me wrong I'm totally thrilled for you that it's finished and what an accomplishment but I'm sad too cos it's been such a wonderful story and fun and I enjoyed every minute of it and I can never express my gratitude enough, for sharing the experience with me.

Your love of everything involved in this story shone through with emotional and visual detail. You captured everything I love about SN, from the brotherly love for each other, anger and every other emotion to their bantering, also the humour, some pretty awesome realistic oc's and with the bonus of a really cool hunt and Betzgai, I loved.

I have to say too, that until I read the story I didn't really relate the title to the boys, only to Betzgai and his beliefs but throughout you showed the boys trying understand and get over past hurts, reconnect with each other and to find their balance together again as well. The closing paragraph was perfect and really brought all they've been through back and connected it to the title. If that makes a lick of sense.

Oh I also have to tell you, when I read this line-“Yah-tah-hey, Samuel,” a deep voice answered."... I almost had a freakin heart attack! I seriously almost put the story down so I could email you and give you heck for doing that to me. I thought Sam was dreaming at first and then I realised he was a real person and just about had a cow thinking Betzgai was back...lol

Ok enough of my ramblings. Beautiful job on the story and Congratulations for finishing it. You should be pretty proud of this.
bb1028 chapter 18 . 1/9/2008
For starters, this chapter was great! I've loved reading this story, and have enjoyed every chapter. I'm sad that it's over but the ending was great. We finally found out who that "deep voice" belonged to, and Nathan was definitely a great character, had me laughing at the thought of him getting Dean to eat :) not to mention the nice conversation he had with Sam, really liked that. Deb was real sweet here too, not to mention funny... Her getting teary eyed while talking to Sam and referring to Dean as Mr. Weeble, loved it!

Definitely glad you did decide to post this story, i've loved reading it.. and i'm looking forward to reading ‘The Highwayman.’

See you next time, beth :)
I'mcalledZorro chapter 18 . 1/9/2008
This was a wonderful story. I think it is the best one I have read. I throughly enjoyed read it. Thanks you for taking the time to write it, it is truly a work of art.
Emerald-Torch chapter 18 . 1/9/2008
a great way to end a great story. congrats!
Harrigan chapter 18 . 1/9/2008
'embrace it' doesn't begin to cover how I feel about this story! I feel like you climbed inside my head for all my secret fic passions and then wrote something just for me!

Best wishes on the new story! You inspire me to get back to work on my WIP!
Xdaisy chainX chapter 18 . 1/9/2008
wow, really beautiful and touching last chapter

i have loved this fic from start to finish, and can honestly say that i think that it is one of my most favourite, if not my favourite, fic i have ever read.

i loved every singleword of it, the action and adventure, teamed with the mystery and the fantastical way that you write, its truly amazing

update soon with your new fic, i cant wait!

XsarahX

uber kudos x
TraSan chapter 18 . 1/9/2008
I totally and completely loved this story.

The OC's were wonderful.

The mythology was well researched and yet kept at reader level to give us richness without it being a classroom lecture.

The action - superb.

The angst - Gah!

And best and most of all: BOTH BROTHERS had equal time, equal billing and were PERFECTLY in character.

Well done.

/standing ovation
DreamShadows chapter 18 . 1/9/2008
That was a beautiful ending to an absolutely amazing story! This is one of the few stories that I actually review... That I take the time to leave a few words... Hope that tells you it's really good, and you're an awesome writer.

Onward with the review... :P

The emotion and the genuine joy you displayed in this chapter with Deb made me smile... And Nathan was pretty cool, though at first I have to admit you had me holding my breath that Betzgai had come back...

I liked the brotherly love and snark in this chapter, so realistic, I really couldn't tell the difference between your's and the shows...

All in all, wonderful stuff!

Take care, and I can't wait to read your next epic...

DS
friendly chapter 18 . 1/9/2008
that was a good story.. nice job..
supernaturalsammy67 chapter 18 . 1/9/2008
AW

(sniffle)

Its finally over...im so gonna miss you girl x

Im thankful to jenilee too for helping you to post your work x because your work has truly made an impact and difference in my life and has had a very large effect on that your the person id like to be x

in an inspirational admirinf kind of way x

I hope you know i will always have your back hun, no matter what story you write o even if you dont, i hope to keep in contact with you maybe through messages or emails lol because i have never enjoyed a story as much as yous and i dont want to lose that x i want to keep contact and hope that your doing okay, and taking care even when your not writing at the present time lol x

OMG i cant wait to start digging into your next long story, this one has been an unforgetable experience that i cherish x

your story has made me laugh and made me cry and made me smile and has been an area that i escaped to when life got a lil too much bitchy, this story has inspired me and you all by yourself so you need a HUGE thankyou! and great praise for getting me interested into so many beliefs and cultures that your story has explored x

basically thankyou for joining this site and for sharing your talent with everyone here, thank you greatly! just by reading your work i feel closer to you hun and have this overwhelming feling of loss now its over, and need to make sure your doing ok now and again x

thanksyou for even starting writing hun, you have an unabashed talent so great to be shared, thankyou for letting me have the honur and experience in my life ot have shared this story with you x

youve worked so hard and done so well in the characyters that i wish this story was the real Supernatural because you have done it so much more brillient then the tv producers ever could explore the brothers and the elements x

thank you greatky from the bottom of my heart as someone who has read this story and loved it from the very first words x

your work is like digging into your favourate book on a cold day or like a hobby, somehting close and deeply and passionatly treasured that is close to the heart x

thank you x with a million smiles to match x
neonchica chapter 18 . 1/9/2008
Terrific work! Loved it, and sorry to see it end. Can't wait for next story - I'm sure it will be equally wonderful.
458 | « Prev Page 1 .. 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 18 .. Last Next »