Reviews for Hozho
tanpopo no hana chapter 3 . 2/6/2008
Yeah, so much for 'just a few paragraphs'. But I was through before I even remembered I was tired...

I loved Dean in his hiking outfit - I can so see him whining about Sam making him wear that *lol*

tanpopo no hana chapter 2 . 2/6/2008
Amazing chapter! I'm so glad I stumbled upon this story.

The scene where Dean almost slid down that abyss was great. Well, the atmosphere of the whole hike was incredibly intense. You're a very talented writer!

I should go to bed... but maybe just the beginning of the next chapter...

Hey, I just saw you already replied to my earlier review - thanks! :o)

I've only been to Harpers Ferry once, even if it wasn't far from where I lived, so if something was off I wouldn't be able to tell - you're safe *g*

(If I like a story I usually review each chapter, so prepare to be spamed during the next days...)
tanpopo no hana chapter 1 . 2/6/2008
Wow, great beginning of what promises to be a great story! I loved your take on Dean's insecurities and his hidden fear that Sam might just walk away again some day.

And I've actually been to Harper's Ferry, I used to live around the corner from there (well, more or less)... that's so cool _ !
Nilah chapter 18 . 2/5/2008
I forgot to post this before. Sorry.

What can I say? That was beautiful. I could go on and on and tell you that the story was very balanced and your plot was sound, your characterizations were true to form in the explained situation, your descriptions, especially of the fire were awesome. I especially admired your treatment of “The People” and their customs; and to top all of that we had Sam and Dean with some hurt and angst thrown it. WOW! Well done. Looking forward to reading lots more in the future. All the best for the year ahead.
Dragonflysoul chapter 18 . 1/25/2008
Well, if this wasn't freakin' absolutely FANTASTIC, I don't know what is. I really wish you would write an SPN novel, so I can buy it and huggle it and call it my very own. Superb job! Bravo!
geminigrl11 chapter 18 . 1/23/2008
Beyond words, absolutely wonderful. I am giving you a standing O and then some. This was just such a freaking fantastic tale! The relationship between the boys, the Deb and the good Betzgai, the EVIL Betzgai, the solemntiy and spirituality, the fire, the fights, the limpness, the utter gorgeousness of it all...I'm just kind of incoherent. Definitely a favorite fic from a favorite writer, and I hope you walked away from this not only nostalic, but PROUD and completely secure in your writing ability. You shared a marvelous, profound piece of yourself with us, and I'm humbled by your trust. And SO looking forward to reading what you choose to share next. Truly, Vicki, a masterpiece. *hugs you* *hugs this fic*
AnickaMarie chapter 18 . 1/18/2008
I'm finally getting a chance to sit down and R&R. Sad this is the last chapter, but your next 'big' story sounds like it'll be good.

Lol, poor Dean, you made Sammy's nurse a guy.

More male brownies!

Reading the end of this story reminds me of just how great of an author you are. You do a wonderful job with the boys. You have captured their relationship and also their individual personalities perfectly, just the right amount of tension, snark, humor and concern for each other.
Kaewi chapter 18 . 1/14/2008
Aw, I'm so sad this fic is over! Beautiful ending. I am so glad that you decided to post a story on here, because it was an amazing and emotional read. Whoever inspired you to write and post deserves a big hug!

I love that you were able to incorporate things you love with the characters you love, because it adds a piece of yourself to the writing. I really enjoyed the bits of information you included about forest fires and the Navajo people.

So, um, this option of a shorter story before the long one... does that maybe include the "mud" story? Teehee ;) I look forward to your future stories!
6219834 chapter 18 . 1/14/2008
I have spent the better half of two evenings reading this mammouth, or more suitably 'bear' of a story, and I am so very glad I did. It was simply wonderful. Well researched, with a senstive approach to a ancient culture. It has laugh out loud moments of brotherly discussion and coupled with heart wrenching pain. Loads of limp Sam and protective Dean. But perhaps the best moments of all were how you portrayed the bravery of the heroes who work in this world around us, and who don't get a voice, and I think you brought a great character in with Deb, and made us sympathise more with the back story on Susan.
Tyranusfan chapter 18 . 1/13/2008
Great job on this story. I really enjoyed it. My only qualm was that we didn't get to see Sam and Nathan talk more here. I'd like to have heard what Nathan wanted to tell him.

Anyhoo, I'm adding you as a favorite. Well done!
Deej1957 chapter 18 . 1/12/2008
This was a fantastic read- I'm sorry to see it end, but I know it couldn't go on forever and the ending was perfect. Looking forward to your next story; finally got a brain and put you on Author Alert in case I miss seeing your updates on Limp!Sam.

Kathy chapter 1 . 1/12/2008
This is one of the best stories I've ever read. If they ever make a full length movie this would be a great plot. I liked that you touched on Stanford and Dean's fear that Sam will leave him to go back. I wish the show would deal more with this. There's great angst there. I also thought your characterization of the boys was spot on.
carocali chapter 18 . 1/10/2008
I'm so sad this is over, but what a fulfilling conclusion. You tied up all the loose ends and even left a little if you wanted to do an epilogue.

Gotta give a shout out to my 70's girl for using the Weebles! Awesome - I was cracking up!

You have a wonderful flow to your writing and I'm so glad that you were able to find the confidence to post this. You should not be surprised by the embracing of your story because it was truly remarkable. There's nothing more fun than being able to put your own experiences and passions into a tale. When someone else accepts it, it's the best feeling the world.

But you had to do the male brownies, eh? :D

Can't wait for more from your pen! Congrats!

Ash8 chapter 18 . 1/10/2008
Excellent story. Great detail and I loved your OFC, Deb, (which is usually quite rare for me). Thanks for posting and I hope we see more from you. Ash.
skag trendy chapter 18 . 1/10/2008
Bloody well done mate! I've followed this story pretty closely and I loved the writing style all the way through.

I still think you're a pro writer pretending be an amateur though! ;-)

Have you thought about writing the next Supernatural novel? I've read Nevermore and Witches Canyon and I reckon you could easily do just as well if not better!

Kind regards,