Reviews for Hozho
tanpopo no hana chapter 8 . 2/8/2008
I was listening to Carlos Nakai via youtube while reading this chapter. Incredibly relaxing! Although Sammy might not like it that much I guess.

About five and a half years ago I did a camping tour through the southwest of the US and when we came to monument valley a navajo tour guide played the flute for us. I almost fell asleep right there on the rocks...
tanpopo no hana chapter 7 . 2/8/2008
Ooh... great chapter! I like it when they are up against human psychopatic foes. And I'm a sucker for Dean coming to Sam's rescue, so you're pushing all my buttons here...

One question: Is it "yee nadlooshii" or "yee naldlooshii"? You had both versions.
tanpopo no hana chapter 6 . 2/7/2008
Are you actually a fire fighter? Or a volunteer? *gapes in awe*

I know I'm not one who should talk, but it'd be cool if you filled in your profile :o)

Mean, mean cliffie by the way. What's wrong with Sam? And I don't only mean 'is he still alive' but what's up with his headache and the dizzy spells? Need to read on...
tanpopo no hana chapter 5 . 2/7/2008
This just keeps getting better and better... but by this rate I wonder how they'll even make it through the next chapter let alone the end of the story. Dean's shock after 'accidentally' reading the mail was so heart-breaking. As was Sam's little speech about not being wanted. I don't know if I want to bang their heads together or smother them in a big hug...
tanpopo no hana chapter 4 . 2/7/2008
I really like the pacing of this story. It doesn't feel rushed but it's not keeping you waiting for something to happen either.

And it's great how Sam keeps thinking that the gap between them is growing and misinterprets Dean's worry for anger. Well, from the angsty perspective I mean :o)

I thrive on angst as long as I trust the author to sattisfy my need for a happy ending. You are one of those, right?
Bernie62 chapter 3 . 2/6/2008
This is absolutely fantastic. I just recently read "A Walk in the Woods" and this is bringing back so many enjoyable moments from that book with the plus of being on the trail with good characterization of the Winchester boys.

I found this story on someone else's favorite list and boy am I glad I decided to check it out.

I am thrilled that I have so many published chapters to look forward to. It's like finding a good author and discovering that not only do you have the book you are reading to enjoy but lo and behold the author also has published several more books to look forward to reading. Terry Pratchett was like that for me when I discovered him only to find that I had 20 or so more books to enjoy. Eureka...I've found gold.

Thanks for the story.
tanpopo no hana chapter 3 . 2/6/2008
Yeah, so much for 'just a few paragraphs'. But I was through before I even remembered I was tired...

I loved Dean in his hiking outfit - I can so see him whining about Sam making him wear that *lol*

Night!
tanpopo no hana chapter 2 . 2/6/2008
Amazing chapter! I'm so glad I stumbled upon this story.

The scene where Dean almost slid down that abyss was great. Well, the atmosphere of the whole hike was incredibly intense. You're a very talented writer!

I should go to bed... but maybe just the beginning of the next chapter...

Hey, I just saw you already replied to my earlier review - thanks! :o)

I've only been to Harpers Ferry once, even if it wasn't far from where I lived, so if something was off I wouldn't be able to tell - you're safe *g*

(If I like a story I usually review each chapter, so prepare to be spamed during the next days...)
tanpopo no hana chapter 1 . 2/6/2008
Wow, great beginning of what promises to be a great story! I loved your take on Dean's insecurities and his hidden fear that Sam might just walk away again some day.

And I've actually been to Harper's Ferry, I used to live around the corner from there (well, more or less)... that's so cool _ !
Nilah chapter 18 . 2/5/2008
I forgot to post this before. Sorry.

What can I say? That was beautiful. I could go on and on and tell you that the story was very balanced and your plot was sound, your characterizations were true to form in the explained situation, your descriptions, especially of the fire were awesome. I especially admired your treatment of “The People” and their customs; and to top all of that we had Sam and Dean with some hurt and angst thrown it. WOW! Well done. Looking forward to reading lots more in the future. All the best for the year ahead.
Dragonflysoul chapter 18 . 1/25/2008
Well, if this wasn't freakin' absolutely FANTASTIC, I don't know what is. I really wish you would write an SPN novel, so I can buy it and huggle it and call it my very own. Superb job! Bravo!
geminigrl11 chapter 18 . 1/23/2008
Beyond words, absolutely wonderful. I am giving you a standing O and then some. This was just such a freaking fantastic tale! The relationship between the boys, the Deb and the good Betzgai, the EVIL Betzgai, the solemntiy and spirituality, the fire, the fights, the limpness, the utter gorgeousness of it all...I'm just kind of incoherent. Definitely a favorite fic from a favorite writer, and I hope you walked away from this not only nostalic, but PROUD and completely secure in your writing ability. You shared a marvelous, profound piece of yourself with us, and I'm humbled by your trust. And SO looking forward to reading what you choose to share next. Truly, Vicki, a masterpiece. *hugs you* *hugs this fic*
AnickaMarie chapter 18 . 1/18/2008
I'm finally getting a chance to sit down and R&R. Sad this is the last chapter, but your next 'big' story sounds like it'll be good.

Lol, poor Dean, you made Sammy's nurse a guy.

More male brownies!

Reading the end of this story reminds me of just how great of an author you are. You do a wonderful job with the boys. You have captured their relationship and also their individual personalities perfectly, just the right amount of tension, snark, humor and concern for each other.
Kaewi chapter 18 . 1/14/2008
Aw, I'm so sad this fic is over! Beautiful ending. I am so glad that you decided to post a story on here, because it was an amazing and emotional read. Whoever inspired you to write and post deserves a big hug!

I love that you were able to incorporate things you love with the characters you love, because it adds a piece of yourself to the writing. I really enjoyed the bits of information you included about forest fires and the Navajo people.

So, um, this option of a shorter story before the long one... does that maybe include the "mud" story? Teehee ;) I look forward to your future stories!
6219834 chapter 18 . 1/14/2008
I have spent the better half of two evenings reading this mammouth, or more suitably 'bear' of a story, and I am so very glad I did. It was simply wonderful. Well researched, with a senstive approach to a ancient culture. It has laugh out loud moments of brotherly discussion and coupled with heart wrenching pain. Loads of limp Sam and protective Dean. But perhaps the best moments of all were how you portrayed the bravery of the heroes who work in this world around us, and who don't get a voice, and I think you brought a great character in with Deb, and made us sympathise more with the back story on Susan.
478 | « Prev Page 1 .. 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 18 .. Last Next »