Reviews for Stand Up or Fall Down
Sour Schuyler chapter 1 . 1/17/2012
Nicely done! I think Honda's good at pep talks
TexasDreamer01 chapter 1 . 11/22/2010
throw a hug? i don't see a lot of fics, much less oneshots with honda as an active character, so depth in his character is always a welcome change.

brittney
Guest chapter 1 . 4/10/2008
Unless I misremember, Raphael took the seal back from Yami when he was unconscious, along with the fragment of the Orichalcos stone, so he shouldn't have them right now.

Still, overall a very good piece - Honda/Tristan doesn't get enough love, and it's always great to see someone flesh out his character a bit like this. Very well written; thanks for writing.
Hakurei Ryuu chapter 1 . 3/3/2008
i liked it. then again i like anything to do with doma season, so...

also, it's great that you give honda some character. the way he's portrayed in the dub... he's a spare character, it's awfull. so thank you, and kudos!

Ryuu-chan
olesia.love chapter 1 . 1/20/2008
I really enjoyed this. Honda's probably my secret favorite character.

What I like most about this, though, is the unsure nature of everything. They *don't* know if things will work out, they don't know what's going to happen, and even the words of comfort aren't even particularly steadfast or iron or something else to which you can chain a faith. It's not really assurance; it's hope and determination and I'm having a hard time describing it.

Though I think my favorite line was probably "Possibly [the spirit would need] the Puzzle as well since [Honda] wasn't clear on what its purpose was, only that it was important." Because, really, all the other Millennium Items get very specific powers explained in detail through the show, and the Puzzle's just kinda... there. "I can locate things! I can see the future! I can read your mind!"

"I can... um... ... play card games?"
Mercedes no Inuarai chapter 1 . 11/26/2007
Charater-wise, the Doma/Doom arc was always one of my favorites and for exactly the reasons you show here. It gave a little life to some of the minor characters, let some of the major characters show their strength and showed us how fallible and imperfect the pharaoh could be. I've always liked the idea of Honda being the silent strength behind Jou and Yugi. Even though he wasn't a great Duelist or anything, he was loyal and honest and kept pulling them back up when they fell down. That's a harder strength to maintain than most people bother showing. .

Excellent fic; it's a good fit for the arc.
Dr Watson chapter 1 . 11/20/2007
I really enjoyed this. The topic, of course, is interseting, but even more interesting is the choice of cast. Very well done :).
DemonicK chapter 1 . 11/20/2007
Excellent, marvelous, fantastic, I'm-gonna-needta-get-my-thesaurus-now-'cause-I-can't-think-of-anything-else-off-the-top-of-my-head! ;)

In a more serious vein, I'd say this is quite a masterfully crafted little story, and would offer critique if I could think of any to offer. Honestly, though, I can't— you're obviously a skilled writer and it shows. None of the silly little mistakes we see so often (and I find myself even making), the boys never strayed out of their characters, and it all seemed to flow so easily— not forced at all... so... Job well done. Job very well done. :)