Reviews for A Maid Waiting
MuggleCreator chapter 10 . 2/1/2014
Wow. Again, great stuff.
Speaker-to-Customers chapter 10 . 9/22/2011
A delightful story. I enjoyed it very much.
Cassandra147 chapter 10 . 1/29/2010
Thank you for a wonderful story. I find myself in agreement with you as to how Aragorn would wish Gonder to be served and ruled. The change of perspective is also refreshing and works well to portray the earliest days and months of Aragorn's reign and some of the problems which Aragon undoubtedly faced during this crucial period. I was partiuclarly touched by how Aragorn calls Frodo 'little brother' and Frodo calls him 'tall brother.' Overall, the characters are nicely developed, both the canon and original ones. I would venture to add that you tapped into another theme of Tolkien's - redemption. Even some of the most despicable characters in Tolkien are offered the chance to redeem themselves, yet their fate ultimately rests on whether or not they take advantage of that chance and mend their ways. Once again, thank you.
Ilada'Jefiv chapter 10 . 6/5/2009
Wow! This was a great story. Your OCs are wonderful and your characterization of every character, canon and non, is magnificently done. Lovely story and a definite favorite!

God bless!

~Ila
My blue rose chapter 10 . 10/6/2008
A magnificent story, extremely well written and I enjoyed it immensely.
szepilona10 chapter 10 . 2/22/2008
I enjoyed reading your auther's notes. Are Halladan and Hardorn charictors(I can't spell) that you created? Or did Tolkien? I liked the part in your notes where you wrote about the Christian theams(agian I can't spell)

Szepilona10
szepilona10 chapter 9 . 2/22/2008
I loved this story!
Nelarun chapter 10 . 2/3/2008
This was a beautiful story! I loved it. It was very realistic and amazing! I loved all your characters, I don't know how to really explain it. But I guess I felt I had a connection with the characters. You really brought the realm of Gondor to light.

Well done!

Nela
Westel chapter 10 . 12/18/2007
An excellent piece. I thoroughly enjoyed reading it and greatly admired the new characters. I love the way you repeatedly bring in little bits about the Ringbearers, even after they've left Gondor. What an heirloom - a set of dishes from the Shire, picked out by Frodo himself!

Lovely bit of work.
Westel chapter 8 . 12/18/2007
Clasping hands! This is of great moment in Tolkien's world! Loving this!
Sarahbarr17 chapter 10 . 12/18/2007
Wow! Your work is astonishingly well thought-through and very well researched. You have a good knowledge of medieval history and the history/background of Middle Earth, too! If only other writers were as well-informed as you! Your work is certainly to be commended.

Hugs,

Sarah x
Sarahbarr17 chapter 9 . 12/15/2007
Aw... What a lovely chapter! I'm sad the story's reached an end, though. I've so enjoyed reading it!

Hugs,

Sarah x
grumpy123 chapter 7 . 12/11/2007
I see that the son learns while the father does not, maybe after a little hard work Canelmir will learn that the world does not spin arround him.

I like that part about mushroom locations being secrets, which is very true even in nortern Michigan, where the morrels are at.
Mish chapter 5 . 12/6/2007
This story if going very well so far. How many chapters do you plan to write? I can't criticize on any of your writing 'cause it's already wonderful but if I ever get an idea that can be made into something I'll tell you!
Redone chapter 5 . 12/5/2007
Quite interesting so far. I like the OC's you've brought in, but would hope to see a bit more, um, "character development" I guess, in the next chapters.

Okay, I'd just like to see the next chapters, period. :)