Reviews for King of Shadows, Queen of Light
Link Beyond chapter 1 . 2/23
I started reading your fic last night and wanted to say how much I've been enjoying it so far. You may not be a native English speaker but your writing is of a great quality even if not perfect (believe me, having English as a first language doesn't mean you get it right 100% of the time!) The characters relationships are wonderful to watch unfolding, and I like how you've tweaked the details to make this your own.

While I haven't caught up on it, I do hope that you can one day find the time and motivation to continue (I have a KCxC fic in the drafting stage for 4 years, so I know real life can get in the way). But even if you can't, I wish you the best :)
Anon chapter 59 . 7/5/2014
Please feel free to ignore me, but several of your previous chapters asked for grammatical corrections. I've indicated corrections using square brackets as follows, though I didn't have enough time to go through the entirety of this chapter:

Retta might seek me out later, or may[be] not.
...might signal that I [wasn't happy] to be back in my village, or [that] I disdained what it had to offer
...with his lopsided grin made even more asymetric[al] by the amount of alcohol he had already consumed
...and [hastily] kiss his cheek
...but it was odd[;] I [had known] him since I was...
...and my fellow countrymen needed their rituals, especially him as [the] headman of the village.
I [had watched] from the sidelines too many times not to remember.
I [had] admired that ability of his since childhood.
Anon chapter 59 . 7/4/2014
Please keep on writing - I admire your depiction of each character, attention to detail, and plot line.

With respect to grammatical errors, some chapters are better than others, but your writing has been constantly improving. As a native speaker of English with two university degrees and some publishing experience, I've read drafts with far more errors than your story.
Guest chapter 59 . 5/23/2014
I'm beginning to think that Pendwyr isn't simply an Aasimar but rather Tyr's daughter (that or one of his higher ranked agents). Being instructed by her father without him ID'ing her and revealing kinship, the translation of her sigils plus some other bits dealing with timing make for interesting implications.
anesor chapter 59 . 5/17/2014
Taking someone home to meet the family Should be easier if someone is Casavir. Good to see them enjoying the revel, blushes all around. Tarmas and Sand were amusing with their poking each other.
Daeghun and entwined threads are nicely done here, good reveals.

Glad you're back!
TanithAeyrs chapter 58 . 3/2/2013
You have done an exceptional job in developing your characters and telling their story within the NWN2 OC. I rarely read OC stories as I prefer more original story lines, but your retelling of the OC plot line is refreshing and unique. I love the way you have handled your paladins and I hope you continue this tale when you have time.
Druid Moon chapter 58 . 12/25/2012
Oh my gosh- I think you've made me fall in love with Casavir completely with this. He's so much more... tangible, so real, compared to other stories and to the game- it's honestly amazing.
MorwennaTheWicked chapter 58 . 11/2/2012
I love seeing this side of Sand. He's part uncle and part adviser. Actually, I could see Daeghun making Casavir kill and dress some game, but re-roofing the house works too.

I always thought this was one of the hardest conversations in the game, especially if the Knight Captain was at all close to the Starlings. Well done.
onion chapter 58 . 11/1/2012
I was on here during my lunch break at work and nearly peed myself when I saw you had updated! Poor Bevil and Retta. ;_;
Anesor chapter 58 . 10/31/2012
Wow, what a festering wreck, poor Bevil. And just before she could witness Cas doing chores.
onion chapter 57 . 10/6/2012
Holy cow, I really do enjoy your writing. You haven't put hiatus or dead in the summary, so I'm assuming you're just waiting for real life to give you a break for once. I hope you update soon! You take a very leisurely pace with romance and plot, which is a nice change from the rest of fanfiction. Most other stories put gore and sex at the top of the priority list as opposed to character and relationship development, so this fic has been very refreshing and moreover relate-able. Even though Bishop rarely appears, I admire how you've portrayed him. I think you've done more to capture his nature with the occasional cameo than most authors do in fics that are centered entirely around him. I'm not sure if it was intentional, but as Arrighan and Casavir's relationship progresses, I've noticed a more secular tone in Arrighan's thoughts. Though religion is still central to her development and strongly present throughout your chapters, the focus on devotions, prayer and vigil is somewhat less frequent/detailed as her priorities shift to accommodate her feelings for Casavir. The struggle for chastity she and Casavir endure is quite intriguing as well.

Well, like I said, I hope you update! I'm looking forward to the interaction between Casavir and Daeghun. :D Fantastic job!
onion chapter 1 . 10/2/2012
You could have fooled me. If you had not said you were a non-native speaker, I never would have guessed. I hope someday I'll learn the languages I'm studying as you have! Excellent writing!
Jack Milo chapter 57 . 8/9/2011
Must say I've spent the last few day's thoroughly chewing this story. And I swallowed very easily. For someone who's native language isn't English your grammar is much better then most of the people I graduated with. A few spelling errors here and there but that happens to everybody. I love the direction you've taken the Nwn2 story. I am curious as to how, if at all, you plan on dealing with the expansions and can't wait for that. On a final note I think you've written an excellent story so far with a very good writing style. I can't wait to read the next chapter.
jeandark chapter 57 . 4/8/2011
Rhia, my wonderful friend:) thank You for making my day so much better :* i love this story and i'm so happy that You don't drop it permanently ) it will be pure pleasure to read MORE :)

About Jackaroo.. my first thought: WTF? i tried to read her comments.. and then to figure out what she really want to achieve with such words.. and stil i don't know what it could be..

The conclusion is simple my dear Rhia, forget about this strange person :) and i think that she deserve none of Your precious time. Please don't let her make You sad.. *bighuge* till the next chapi:) KISSES :3
MorwennaTheWicked chapter 1 . 3/26/2011
Rhia, I think your disclaimer says it all. English is not your native language, and grammar and punctuation differs even among other English-speaking countries.

I feel I must point out to your latest ardent reviewer that English should capitalized, as it is either a proper noun, or a proper adjective. People who live in glass houses...

Furthermore, plagiarism is a very serious charge that must be backed up with proof, not vague insinuations.

In addition, I would also like to say, put up or shut up. Let's see you do your own take on the story, missy.