Reviews for King of Shadows, Queen of Light
Hija de la Tempestad chapter 59 . 8/17/2015
Hello there!
So, what's with this fanfic anyway? Will you finish this? I simply love it! You depicted the most chivalrous, paladin-like (not everybody catch this simple thing that the dude is a damn paladin and not just a courteous well-spoken man) and tenderest Casavir. I love the way he tries to correct Rig into a more mannered vocabulary, or how he jokes with her in his particular way... and that unresolved sexual tension between the two is pure magic (ha ha ha, the Heavens intervening when she's not prepared amazes me to no end).
Your stronger point under my opinion? Your very thought and described phases on the ways of the paladins (the Path of the Silver Fire, the economy of movement, the ridiculous cut hair tradition when a paladin is named, the delicate dance of courting between two paladins, the celestial language [Latin, you just made my day because I'm Spanish... european Spanish, yep]... I just simply go on and go on, the list of little geniuses it's longer enough).
I am writing a long-winded fanfic of Neverwinter Nights 2 and your story along with other called "Child of Light" is giving me lots of ideas (your particular depicting of Casavir it's the best I've read) so... thank you so much :)
Seriously, I don't agree with that shit of those reviewers who told you that you have punctuation fails and told you that you violated Copyright or something. Bullshit. Thanks to you I've discovered the poem "The Lady of Shalott" and thanks to you (again) I know now what the Hell is a cilicium (I thought that it was something like a chastity belt, not a rough pelt shirt).
So... pay no mind of those who criticize you with those stupidities. Under my own experience, the better is the quality of the fanfic, the worse are the fans when you made a teensy-weensy mistake. And your tale, my dear lady, it's of great quality.
So, PLEEEEEEASE, will you continue this? Pretty please? I'm hooking on this fanfic and I await eagerly your next update.
Hugs and lots of encouragement from Spain! (from a Spanish woman who, like you, is not perfect when she writes in a language which is not her native one) ;)
Link Beyond chapter 1 . 2/23/2015
I started reading your fic last night and wanted to say how much I've been enjoying it so far. You may not be a native English speaker but your writing is of a great quality even if not perfect (believe me, having English as a first language doesn't mean you get it right 100% of the time!) The characters relationships are wonderful to watch unfolding, and I like how you've tweaked the details to make this your own.

While I haven't caught up on it, I do hope that you can one day find the time and motivation to continue (I have a KCxC fic in the drafting stage for 4 years, so I know real life can get in the way). But even if you can't, I wish you the best :)
Anon chapter 59 . 7/5/2014
Please feel free to ignore me, but several of your previous chapters asked for grammatical corrections. I've indicated corrections using square brackets as follows, though I didn't have enough time to go through the entirety of this chapter:

Retta might seek me out later, or may[be] not.
...might signal that I [wasn't happy] to be back in my village, or [that] I disdained what it had to offer
...with his lopsided grin made even more asymetric[al] by the amount of alcohol he had already consumed
...and [hastily] kiss his cheek
...but it was odd[;] I [had known] him since I was...
...and my fellow countrymen needed their rituals, especially him as [the] headman of the village.
I [had watched] from the sidelines too many times not to remember.
I [had] admired that ability of his since childhood.
Anon chapter 59 . 7/4/2014
Please keep on writing - I admire your depiction of each character, attention to detail, and plot line.

With respect to grammatical errors, some chapters are better than others, but your writing has been constantly improving. As a native speaker of English with two university degrees and some publishing experience, I've read drafts with far more errors than your story.
Guest chapter 59 . 5/23/2014
I'm beginning to think that Pendwyr isn't simply an Aasimar but rather Tyr's daughter (that or one of his higher ranked agents). Being instructed by her father without him ID'ing her and revealing kinship, the translation of her sigils plus some other bits dealing with timing make for interesting implications.
anesor chapter 59 . 5/17/2014
Taking someone home to meet the family Should be easier if someone is Casavir. Good to see them enjoying the revel, blushes all around. Tarmas and Sand were amusing with their poking each other.
Daeghun and entwined threads are nicely done here, good reveals.

Glad you're back!
TanithAeyrs chapter 58 . 3/2/2013
You have done an exceptional job in developing your characters and telling their story within the NWN2 OC. I rarely read OC stories as I prefer more original story lines, but your retelling of the OC plot line is refreshing and unique. I love the way you have handled your paladins and I hope you continue this tale when you have time.
Druid Moon chapter 58 . 12/25/2012
Oh my gosh- I think you've made me fall in love with Casavir completely with this. He's so much more... tangible, so real, compared to other stories and to the game- it's honestly amazing.
MorwennaTheWicked chapter 58 . 11/2/2012
I love seeing this side of Sand. He's part uncle and part adviser. Actually, I could see Daeghun making Casavir kill and dress some game, but re-roofing the house works too.

I always thought this was one of the hardest conversations in the game, especially if the Knight Captain was at all close to the Starlings. Well done.
onion chapter 58 . 11/1/2012
I was on here during my lunch break at work and nearly peed myself when I saw you had updated! Poor Bevil and Retta. ;_;
Anesor chapter 58 . 10/31/2012
Wow, what a festering wreck, poor Bevil. And just before she could witness Cas doing chores.
onion chapter 57 . 10/6/2012
Holy cow, I really do enjoy your writing. You haven't put hiatus or dead in the summary, so I'm assuming you're just waiting for real life to give you a break for once. I hope you update soon! You take a very leisurely pace with romance and plot, which is a nice change from the rest of fanfiction. Most other stories put gore and sex at the top of the priority list as opposed to character and relationship development, so this fic has been very refreshing and moreover relate-able. Even though Bishop rarely appears, I admire how you've portrayed him. I think you've done more to capture his nature with the occasional cameo than most authors do in fics that are centered entirely around him. I'm not sure if it was intentional, but as Arrighan and Casavir's relationship progresses, I've noticed a more secular tone in Arrighan's thoughts. Though religion is still central to her development and strongly present throughout your chapters, the focus on devotions, prayer and vigil is somewhat less frequent/detailed as her priorities shift to accommodate her feelings for Casavir. The struggle for chastity she and Casavir endure is quite intriguing as well.

Well, like I said, I hope you update! I'm looking forward to the interaction between Casavir and Daeghun. :D Fantastic job!
onion chapter 1 . 10/2/2012
You could have fooled me. If you had not said you were a non-native speaker, I never would have guessed. I hope someday I'll learn the languages I'm studying as you have! Excellent writing!
Jack Milo chapter 57 . 8/9/2011
Must say I've spent the last few day's thoroughly chewing this story. And I swallowed very easily. For someone who's native language isn't English your grammar is much better then most of the people I graduated with. A few spelling errors here and there but that happens to everybody. I love the direction you've taken the Nwn2 story. I am curious as to how, if at all, you plan on dealing with the expansions and can't wait for that. On a final note I think you've written an excellent story so far with a very good writing style. I can't wait to read the next chapter.
jeandark chapter 57 . 4/8/2011
Rhia, my wonderful friend:) thank You for making my day so much better :* i love this story and i'm so happy that You don't drop it permanently ) it will be pure pleasure to read MORE :)

About Jackaroo.. my first thought: WTF? i tried to read her comments.. and then to figure out what she really want to achieve with such words.. and stil i don't know what it could be..

The conclusion is simple my dear Rhia, forget about this strange person :) and i think that she deserve none of Your precious time. Please don't let her make You sad.. *bighuge* till the next chapi:) KISSES :3