Reviews for Bit by Bit
Carottal chapter 1 . 3/29/2014
I love reading fanfictions while listening to music. Why? Because of moments such as the one I had while reading yours. There's something incredible when the random function of the music player of my computer matches the atmosphere of the story, as if everything converged to the same feelings, the same meanings.
To me, art is universal, because every form of art is about feelings. I consider writing an art, and if I would be hypocritical and mean to call this story a piece of art (because lying would not be right from me and even though I loved this story, I know there are better things out there in a world where Zweig, Hugo and Shakespeare set the rules), I certainly liked the smooth style and the simplicity of the scenes you described, to reach some kind of truth.

It's not the first time music matches the story I'm reading but in this case, it happened very strangely. First, it was a music without lyrics, from a magnificent animated movie that unfortunately isn't well known in most countries (though Miyazaki and Takahata certainly helped give it a new youth) called "The King and the Mocking Bird". The music is soft, quiet, like the way Zoro falls for Sanji, and gives sound to a movie of few words, about an unexpected love, like the way Zoro feels about his own feelings. I was focussing only on your words, as there are no lyrics, just music. The mix was great!

And then, I reached the end of the story. The confrontation, and this moment Zoro feels his situation may not be doomed. And it was while reading this promise of hope, this moment in time when it's not sure but we hope it is, that my computer decided to give it his own interpretation. Armstrong's trumpet started in my earplugs, and the last paragraphs were read on the music of "La Vie en Rose". The voice started singing just after I read the word End, as if now that the space taken by yours was empty, or free, I'm not sure what word is best, the music could start using its own words.

And I felt mesmerised. This moment was possible because of chance, but also because the story is beautiful in itself, well written, and could put me in this state of harmony. I believe simplicity is the best policy when it comes to describe feelings, and your fic is a perfect example to me!

Thank you so much for this moment of bliss :)
krito1389 chapter 1 . 1/15/2014
OOOOOWWWWW HOW CUTE! GOD I LOVE THIS COUPLE.. IF ONE PIECE ENDS LIKE THIS I WOULD DIE HAPPY ..
dandiwishes chapter 1 . 9/13/2012
Too cute!
darkdragonalucard chapter 1 . 8/24/2012
cute.
the-strawhats chapter 1 . 6/24/2012
wow..just wow. I love the details and the way you described everything from Zoro's point of view. It was amazing how he noticed and loved every little thing about Sanji.

The end was really cute and awesome, I like happy endings (I can't handle bad endings, they depress me too much)
Pookey chapter 1 . 3/24/2012
and the rest of the crew sighed with a finally XPPP Oh I love Zoro's logic XP
New Neon chapter 1 . 1/11/2012
oh I loved, loved LOVED this! The detail, the glorious DETAIL! Oh my goodness. Absolutely gorgeous, if I didn't already adore Sanji then Zoro's descriptions (well, yours) would have convinced me!
XXCaptainUsoppXX chapter 1 . 11/14/2011
That was lovely, and perfectly named! Realistic, bit by bit, instead of going way too fast like a lot of fics... I like the ambiguity of the ending, too.
TheEndofTag chapter 1 . 2/1/2011
bit by bit, Zoro starts to fall in love...hehehe...that is how usually it starts...hahaha...the bathroom scene was hilarious...especially Zoro trying to cover his you know what and Franky sly smile..._...this is just love!...i love it!
LunaticV chapter 1 . 4/3/2010
haha. what an awkward confession. does that even count as a confession? well, good that all ends well
MeEksiNs chapter 1 . 1/28/2009
OMG! SO CUTE! thanks for sharing -
Shiraishi-K chapter 1 . 1/1/2009
very cute :3 really in character too, i liked how you didn't go too over-the-top with the romancy stuff
KoyasuNaoki chapter 1 . 9/25/2008
great work, you made me so happy!
JuniperMoon chapter 1 . 7/1/2008
Ahh! I love this sort of story! Speak of Sanjis virtues and sexiness Zoro!

Really great.

I'm curious about the Sanji POV on this story, if you ever thought of a sequal to this one, that route might be a fun option.

You write a great Zoro.
The Wandering Swordsman chapter 1 . 5/3/2008
THIS-IS-CUTE!

I like how Zoro first didn't seem interested and little by little-or bit by bit-he was starting to get attracted by Sanji. I like the ending too. It was cute.

I also like Franky's personality.