Reviews for Desolate hearts
Common Sense chapter 1 . 1/30/2013
A hidden gem amongst shorts
QueenOfHalf-BakedIdeas chapter 1 . 8/6/2009
This made me want to cry. I feel like you've described their relationship perfectly.
Eldr-Fire chapter 1 . 9/9/2008
This was a good oneshot. I'm glad I read it. :)
Bubbles -bubblegum11 chapter 1 . 3/31/2008
This fic so deserves more reviews. I already read this, but I haven't reviewed for it. So here's a review.

I think the relationship between them was great, and the thoughts and feelings were portrayed amazingly. I feel sorry for Asuma, that was so sad at the end. And I was seriously annoyed at Sandaime throughout the fic. This fic stirs up emotional response, which is great, because writing is always entertaining when the reader feels something for the characters. Overall, outstanding job.
Orodruin chapter 1 . 12/5/2007
It was a pretty good look at Asuma's childhood, I thought. Neither the Sandaime or Asuma act much like father and son throughout the series, so I'm sure there was a rift between them that probably extended back to Asuma's childhood... Your characterization of the rebellious son and workaholic father seems to fit well.

There are a few places where it reads awkwardly, mostly due to grammar mistakes, and usually the tenses of words, like near the beginning you use "understand" when it should have been "understood"... If you cared to do the extra work, you could probably catch most of those things by reading it over again, possibly out loud. Another thing was that you treated the title "Sandaime" which basically means "Third" as the Hokage's name... It's just another title, he's the "Sandaime Hokage," so it reads better if you say "the Sandaime" rather than just "Sandaime"...
Starfire201 chapter 1 . 11/21/2007