Reviews for Wishing by Night
jessi chapter 1 . 1/29/2013
Interesting story, I really liked it!
Amelia Ren chapter 1 . 1/15/2012
There are no words to accurately describe how absolutely stunning, beautiful and heart-stopping this story is.

But I'll give it a try:

AMAZING.

(Now times that by the heat of the sun in farenheit and it may be a close enough number)
CultOfStrawberry chapter 1 . 12/8/2007
“Mother.” She snapped. “It's silly to sleep in the pond. Get up.”

Perfect line. Seriously.
Numbuh 212 chapter 1 . 11/26/2007
Wow, that’s so eerily appropriate to her character. I especially liked her first line upon seeing her mother (“Mother,” she snapped. “It's silly to sleep in the pond. Get up.”). So very Azula.

Numbuh 212
kaibasgirl chapter 1 . 11/24/2007
Mira, omg, you can seriously post on your own review board? That's extremely...weird.

Anyway, oh, thanks so much for clearing that up! The story being an AU makes all the difference XD

And thanks, I'm glad you're not mad that I'm doing this on your review board, I would've pmed her, but she doesn't have an account...

Ami, aw, don't put yourself down like that. No one was really sure what happened to Ursa, it was possible that Ozai killed her, I just didn't think that's what happened.

card castles chapter 1 . 11/22/2007
This was an interesting piece. I liked the content fot the most part, and the summary fit the story well. The only thing that really bothers me is the fact that you spelled 'allowed', 'aloud' when Ozai was speaking to Azula.

Great job, though!
Ami chapter 1 . 11/22/2007
Yeah, I feel stupid now. I checked out the episode MIra refered to, and she's right.

Sorry, kaibasgirl.
Mira-Jade chapter 1 . 11/22/2007
Hey guys. First of all let me say that this is really weird – I don't comment in my review threads. Yet, I'd like to clear a few things up.

No. This story does not fit into cannon. Ursa was not killed by Ozai – Ozai himself said that in Book 3, Scroll 11(I think, it was Day of Black Sun part two). I agree with kaibasgirl – Ursa most likely killed Azulon to save Zuko, even though this hasn't been confirmed, just alluded too.

I'd like to apologize for not being more clear. Yes, this is AU. A friend and I were talking, and wondered how Azula would react to her mother's death, and we came up with this.

Once again, I'm sorry for the confusion.

And, kaibasgirl, it's not spaming to clear up your point or defend your position. I thank you so much for reading and taking the time to review.

Now, I'll get off of this board. This is weird. ;)
kaibasgirl chapter 1 . 11/22/2007
This is in reply to the anonymous reviewer, Ami. (Apologies to the authoress of this story for doing this on her review board.)

It could be Ozai was plotting a way to take the throne, but I can't see anyway that he could do it, while Iroh and Lu Ten were still alive. Even if he would have killed Iroh, Iroh's son [who at this point] was still alive and would've inherited the throne.

Azula in his confidences? C'mon, she was eight when her mother left! An eight year old plotting to take the throne? Give me a break, that's ridiculous.

Ursa left that night because Azulon had ordered Ozai to kill Zuko. There's a big blank there, you're right, but my theory is that Ursa killed Azulon. That explains why she ran away, she pretty much committed first degree murder.

But that's just my idea. XD

Right, sorry for spamming.

Isis the Sphinx chapter 1 . 11/21/2007
Very demented.

But good to read none the less. There were a couple of spelling mistakes, but nothing too bad. Keep writing!
Kyoshi7989 chapter 1 . 11/21/2007
Amazing; simply amazing.

I love it.
Ami chapter 1 . 11/21/2007
Below me - I getcha, but wasn't Ozai plotting for a long time? It made sense if he had Azula in his confidences. It was never explained what happened to Ursa - it's a big blank. The blood could of been on her hand when she had the hand in the water - I think, it is kind of vauge.

Neat job, Mira. Your use of words is brilliant. A nice look into a little explored era.
kaibasgirlx chapter 1 . 11/21/2007
Hm...this was definitely interesting, though some things were a bit off.

For instance, Ozai wasn't Fire Lord right away, so for him to tell Azula that one day she'll rule the FN doesn't make sense, because at that point even he wasn't ruling anything (and Lu Ten wasn't dead either).

Another thing, Ursa wasn't killed by Ozai. She disappeared. At first I thought it was a nightmare Azula was having, but it doesn't look like you intended it that way.

Anyway, I really liked how you compared what she was doing to what other girls would have done. It shows how she's different, yet at the same time similar.

Also, when she snapped at Ursa to stop sleeping, wow, that sounded just like her. I could hear her voice saying that in my head.

I was a little bit confused when she went to wipe away her tears and she found blood instead though. How'd the blood get there?

Overall, this was pretty good, save for the inconsistencies. Really nice job!

maco chapter 1 . 11/21/2007
I love you.

Your writing is beautiful, and just makes sense. So yeah.

I can't wait for your next piece.
Natku chapter 1 . 11/21/2007
Creepy. Excellent insight though.