Reviews for Fire Emblem: Spellbinding Radiance
Lord Cow-Cow chapter 142 . 4/9/2016
First of all, Sophie best child character y/y?
Anyway onward to the story.

Getting better at the opening sentence thing :) Though it's slightly amusing given that John knows something happens after one dies.
Loved this whole bit, was really well written, and not overly wordy.
Also, John seems...so very old, a lot of the time. It's really startling to think about how much he's...not exactly matured, but aged nonetheless.
This is a really heavy chapter, and you seem to do best with these kind of things...It's funny because both sides of it are, imo, your best stuff. Really heavy, and really light, things. Though the middle ground still sometimes is rough.
It almost was a tad too dramatic and dark sounding buuuut the thing with that is it's logical that'd be how he'd feel. So it's tricky, because on one hand it seems almost edgy but on the other it seems realistic, as far as these things go.
lmao time of the month joke in the middle of that, that was great, very nice way of breaking things up
I'm afraid I don't get the Veers reference.
Ominous barrels are ominous and it's scary to think he'd use, evidently, such vile tactics on these people. Scary stuff...
And now I'm starting to wonder if you're making BK's identity so obvious because it's not who it seems.
Oh my gosh John created walkie-talkies...ROCKIE-TALKIES!
Wow this is a legit large-scale battle. Those are always tough to make interesting and realistic, so far, so good though. I'm enjoying seeing the different orders. Makes me want some large-scale battle in the games XD I will say it seemed a bit quick, but that might've been the intent. It's certainly tense.
That conversation with Matthew was quite...juicy. Makes me want mooore
The Ike fight start was a bit out of the blue feeling but the conversation before it was so good I don't mind.
Sheesh this battle is intense. And an evil spirit, eh? That's ALWAYS a good thing, and the Naruto reference made me groan but in the good "You are corny" way.
Holy shit. That's all I can say, that was...an intense scene, the fight, the attack at camp, wow.
AND THE ENDING! That was really cool, and horrible, and wtf, you evil monster I love it!

Dude, buddy, dude. This was it, this was your real turning point chapter. It was so good, entertaining, exciting, witty, good job man. It was well worth the wait, you're in top condition here. There were moments I worried John was too strong in comparison to the heroes, buuut he has always been a high risk high reward when it comes to power.

As for the A/N. First, it's crazy to me people thought you were one of the reviewers, that's...so weird.
wtf is GAFF?
Yeah, won't lie, I'd be sad if this ended. I've not been in it from the start but...heck I was in high school when I first read this, so it's been there for a looong time for me too. But of course, never feel that if you don't want to write it that you have to. That never is good. I do appreciate all the time you've put into this though.
Awwwwww a shoutout, thanks! Happy to help in whatever ways I can, I'm glad I did SOMEthing for you, given how much you've done for us with this story.
Your whole thing on Gary Stu was pretty fascinating, and it certainly made me think, lol. Gary Stu characters do certainly work in some settings. Perhaps the first person view is what made more people point to it as negative, despite that it isn't as bad as it's put out to be?
You tell em! Glad you called out the guest reviewer thing, it was getting frustrating. I also would like to say, it's cool that you admit your mistakes. I will admit, though, that this has always been an entertaining read.
Ouch, Sacred Stones jab. My favorite QQ
Maaan I really want to write a chapter now... (Maybe a Lute chapter since she's been missing and is my favorite Fire Emblem character XD ) But...I'm already struggling with whether to continue world building for one of my stories, or to start re-writing my first story set in a different world without much world building. XD
Plus I'd rather my first contribution to FFN be my own fic, which I also should eventually do...
I have now proceeded to ramble WAY more than intended, sorry XD
godofmadness43 chapter 142 . 4/9/2016
wow, man this got intense, keep going!
TheTrueGammer chapter 142 . 4/9/2016
Man, John is so dark and edgy now. But he's apparently not edgy enough to avoid making a Naruto reference. Or maybe he made it because he's edgy?
Anyway, glad to see this story's still continuing; I'm more than a little curious to see how this Part 3 pans out.
That being said, this battle seems a little... rushed? That might be the entire point, considering both sides want the war to end ASAP, but I still felt like some details were being skimmed over. Or maybe I'm just bad at noticing them, that's possible too.
That encounter with the Mercs reminded me so much of Sothe and Ike's 3-13 convo, it's uncanny. Makes me wonder how different things would've been if Sothe was still alive...
And, it looks like John died. Again. This is, what, the third time now? Wonder how he's gonna pull through this one; I doubt some divine entity will revive him again, and a second Aum Staff would be the biggest Deus-ex-machina I've ever seen. inb4 John comes back as a ghost and haunts everyone by asking them if they're an orange.
Anyway, can't wait for the next chapter!
~Gammer
KaiserCube chapter 142 . 4/9/2016
Oh yes!
You've just made my day, good sir.
I can't wait too see what's next.
Selias chapter 1 . 4/9/2016
Magic and archery? It honestly seems a bit pointless, since they're both long-range, unless you're going to enhance your arrows with spells, or something.
CalmAndComposed chapter 142 . 4/9/2016
Thank you. I think that's all I need to say
Blizzard Wolf Claw chapter 142 . 4/8/2016
Nice to see the story ISN'T discontinued (as it's an inspiration that makes inspiration that gives you inspiration... wait, does that sound weird?) Anyway, this story is a great milestone in not only the FE community, BUT the whole fanfic community as well, and this is a story I'm proud to have pressed the "Fave, Follow" button for, and I would do it multiple times if I have to. This story is just about one of the awesomest pieces of literature (note, I used the BIG term,) that I have ever read, and I would LOVE to read even more of it, and if inspiration ever runs low again, remember to check inspiration FOR inspiration out of other people's work that YOU inspired! :) If that's confusing, well, look at it this way; I just spent 8.79 minutes typing a review to motivate one of my favorite FF authors to continue a story, and even read ALL of the author's note, (maybe I skipped a paragraph... or 3, but that's not the point!) This story is piece of ART, and if you want to add another movement to this nice little orchestra ensemble, I say GO FOR IT! :)

With Motivation,
Blizzard :)
Guest chapter 141 . 3/18/2016
Again Dumb Fanatics would not be able comprehend the Difference between Constructivec and and Flames.

You Story is B . But You made so many contracdictions and ignored too many key points. You need to admit your Oc is self insert.

If he is a Self insert.. Then he is a Dumb one., considering you shouldv everything about the game.. Despite your Knowledge you made no attempt to use the Knowledge to your Advantadge and Even slacked off during the time skip... You Allowed Your Biased to negatively ruin the story potential... If calling Ike a Gary sue is any indication ... and your refusal to show the Point of view of greil Mercnaries and making them more Antagonistic and Shunning Your oc.

Even if your intention was not make a Oc a Self insert.. You failed because you places to many of your problems and bailiffs into your Oc

I was Disgusted That You Butches the Black Knight Personalty and nerfed him and Ike and Greatly Exaggerating Mist's Combat ability with Suddenly holding against the Black knight out of blue.

You are aware in Canon Ike and Mist only Survived the battle because Zelguis The Black Knight went Easy on Ike and threw the match and faked his death when ike Told him He Only deafeted his Father because Griel Crippled himself. Ike was spared Because Zelguis wanted Ike to grow strong enough to be in par with Gaiwan/Greil(In his Prime) so he can finally test himself against Griel in prime years
LancetheGallade chapter 141 . 3/14/2016
Good OC fics are a rare bunch. Like, really, really, rare. I'll admit I was disappointed at some parts in the story, but usually I like to actually figure out where the author is going before complaining.

If you ever get down, just remember what awesomeness you've bestowed upon the Fire Emblem community, and we'll keep trying to flood out the haters with good advice and constructive criticism.
Chi-Suna chapter 141 . 3/11/2016
You are an amazing writer! I love this story and its characters! Don't listen to the haters if they don't like it they shouldn't read it.
Guest chapter 141 . 3/10/2016
You not doing a good job at making John a good character.

You're first mistake was making John weak after the timeskip.

I figure you learn from Dragon ball z. Lol
Guest chapter 141 . 3/10/2016
No review war is happening . lol.

I only see a Bunch of fanboys harrassing the Reviewers that letting the Author know of this Story's Flaws and pros.. Not really a war.

Also deleting reviews are rude.

Saying Constructive Critism is the same as flaming is a sign of Arrogance On the Author part and Silly favoritism and kissass to extreme on the Fanatics part.
Blue Wyvern Rider chapter 33 . 3/1/2016
I missed your Happy Histcaymas by a day! On the leap year. Uh, well, Happy late Histcaymas. Here's an internet cake, wrapped in aluminium foil for you. (Ignore the missing slice).

-Rider
Blue Wyvern Rider chapter 141 . 2/23/2016
The Anonymous: Well, since putting up that review, I've occasionally glanced at this chapter's reviews, and, well...words fail me. I was honestly a little jealous at the amount of attention and reviews this story had...once upon a time. Geez. I now understand what you meant in the author's notes. There's not much the community can do about these postings, but one provided filter is to use the Moderate Guest Reviews option, which was created for just such a purpose. Other reviews can be removed any time after the time window, too. And this is a privilege giver to writers, so if reviewers don't like it, what do their opinions matter?

What you've got on your hands right now is a flame war. Happens in many places, especially in social media spots. I suggest removing them and having everyone move on before it gets any more out of control. Can't do much else for you.

In other news! I've decided to reread the story...I don't remember it being this long. I still get a laugh every time John hits Boyd in the backside or the princess has a bipolar flip in personality. I know girls who do that. In fact, my sister does that. I'm also reading through an LP of the other Fire Emblems to find out about the other universes, since I've only played 9 and 10, so I'm now able to connect a little better with the story. You seem to perform their characters as well as you do Tellius' characters. Your character develop for them is also great, changing them as the influences around them change, which is realistic. I reached John's point of promising Sothe to protect Macaiah, and it touched me as Sothe's earnestness then would protect Macaiah at the cost of his life. Just a perk of reading through once already.

Anyway, Just stopped by a second to encourage you once more and try to help. Oh, and I've managed to learn five songs on the piano now! ...Or, my right hand has, at least. So keep reaching for your goals. Good luck at whatever life tries to throw you!

-The Now No Longer Anonymous

P.S. Your story is still inspiring me. I've decided to improve my writing a little more and dabble at a self-insert myself.
King Keith chapter 141 . 2/21/2016
Sigh well while everyone does cause a ruckus in your review page and I have seen it believe I have seen agruements left and right I think I could be a good thing. I mean if they argue about it that means there is one good thing about it right? Man cheering people up might not be my forte...
Also you've been sticking to this since your high or jr high school days right? You have my respect for writing this story this long! Whether or not you decide you give this up or not just know that there are people that enjoyed this story is all. Be happy what you accomplished during those times and thanks for all the laughs and tears if this is the end.
One more thing everyone struggles and has to take on the darkness in their life so if it helps you don't suffer alone even if you think you do. That is my personal thoughts when life gets hard.
Good luck with everything,