Reviews for Fire Emblem: Spellbinding Radiance
thatguythere chapter 141 . 1/7/2016
I have been reading this story back when its chapters were still nearing one hundred a couple years ago more or less. I remember spending a whole summer day reading this when I just discovered this site. My eyes hurt by the time I reached the last chapter very late in the afternoon but it felt worth it. This is the fanfiction that made me become a regular reader in this site especially among the Fire Emblem area. I'm no critic, my standards are too low for that. Maybe your naysayers are correct and I just don't have my bar high enough. Doesn't matter. This story is a special one for me that I hope will see the end of.

But I know the feeling of writing a story feeling like a chore. My only story in my profile hasn't been updated in well over a year for that reason. So if your feeling persists, if you think this story has overstayed its welcome, go ahead and discontinue it. Better a story ended prematurely than one finished by a discouraged writer.
Cormag Ravenstaff chapter 141 . 1/6/2016
I'd say go for the interesting character side. You've already got that going, and it's far more interesting than the cookie cutter version

Planning a war's battle? Interesting

Something's going on between Micaiah and Jay. I'm curious!

Nino! Haven't seen you for a while

This reminds me of the meeting cutscenes in RD where the top people would gather around that table. Loved those scenes

Don't know what those Crimeans are thinking. Not who I would have chosen as counterparts

Elincia's spittin' fire

Excellent build up. Next chapter is going to be terrific, I can tell already. I'm very excited to see John fight Elincia, cause it has to happen
The Anonymous chapter 141 . 1/6/2016
P.p.p.p.s. (That's a lot of P's.) We don't all follow the fanpage (no Facebook for me) so any relative information relayed in new chapters is nice. Also look up these two webcomics for some awesome inspiration: Darths & Droids; and DM of the Ring. They might be possible helps to your lp as well.
The Anonymous chapter 141 . 1/6/2016
Welcome to ! Just trying to remind you of where you are. Look, I don't know how much this will mean to you, but listen. FanFiction was set up as a place where people could share their passion about actual works created by others. This is the place for those who enjoy putting all those 'what-if's' we get while reading down onto paper, digital or otherwise. This is not for writing actual novels. We are not here to please the fans of the original work. We are here to please ourselves as we let a creative brainstorm find an outlet in a creative manner. Sure it has real life applications like improving your writing, but if all you want to do is please others, write an original work. I would probably buy it, just because you wrote it. But like you said, be an artist, not an entertainer.

The beginning of your work was at the heart of what FanFiction should be. Fun, innocent, and a scenario that almost every boy and girl dreams of while playing Fire Emblem: what-if 'I' was there. Who cares who becomes a mary or gary stu? How many times do we care while we follow our 'what-if's'? The reason it resonates is because everyone can imagine it and still follow John. Trying to be overly realistic or changing John based on reviews changes that feeling. How many times do people stop your daydreaming and correct it to their vision? Never, because your dream is yours alone. FanFiction is the place where you share what YOU'VE made. Look how long of a story you've made. 600k words is probably longer than George Martin or Christoper Paolini's works. Think on that for a moment.

Just write what you want. If you don't like what is going on in the story, put in a plot twist, such as a third warring nation, or an outside force that unifies everyone. But don't keep writing to please readers. Write under the true inspiration: imagination. Remember, constructive criticism is just someone's opinion. So just remember this quote when you see another 'bad' review: 'Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, and most smell without a large layer of protection!' -Me (who is still just anonymous for now!)

So, I'll let you go, and hopefully you'll reread this the next time you sit down to type/write/whatever. I haven't reviewed before, since I'm usually on my phone, and it's a real pain to type out reviews that I want to do, but I can't leave a fellow writer in the pits! And though I have an account, I'll leave this as anonymous for you to leave or remove at will, but I just want to let you know, that since I've stopped reading Fire Emblem FanFiction about a year or two ago, you're the only writer I still follow and read whenever I get an update. Go at your our speed, 'cause I'm okay with it. It's like a gold nugget coming down the river mysteriously to brighten the day when I see an update: I don't expect it, but it's certainly valuable to me! So take your time, and I wish you the best in all areas of life!

p.s. I'm finally learning the piano, which has been a dream of mine. Don't give up on yours after giving such encouragement to me!

p.p.s. Oh, nice chapter by the way.

p.p.p.s. Oh, awesome story, too, since this is my first time reviewing!
godofmadness43 chapter 141 . 1/6/2016
whoa...
Guest chapter 141 . 1/6/2016
Please don't discontinue this story. Take as much time as you need, whether it be weeks, months, or years, but please keep it going, or at least bring it to a proper conclusion. This is one of the few stories about Tellius that I've genuinely enjoyed reading.
GuyWithNoName chapter 141 . 1/6/2016
If you're no longer feeling any joy from writing this... then maybe it's time to hang up your writing pen and retire from this fic.

I mean no disrespect, but this is starting to feel pretty convoluted...
Yozakura Quartet chapter 65 . 12/14/2015
so this is just a thought but I really do believe you should bring General Petrene back. now that I've reread for the fifth time up to this point I do believe that she is alive and you could easily pull that off. maybe she picked up the helmet you never know what can save a life
Guest chapter 140 . 11/17/2015
Aaaaah, we're getting the good stuff. Good !
John's still an idiot though.
Guest chapter 139 . 11/17/2015
Meh, you wend overboard yeah.
Like, suddenly, John decide to try to fight Micky with full power because of a 'training', and of course, Micky win the fight with Aureola... just because. Plus some philosophical talk that I personally find tasteless.
If they have that kind of power, I seriously wonder why the war is still going on, seriously, if they have legendary weapon for crap's sake.

I have to admit, I'm dissapointed.
Lord Cow-Cow chapter 140 . 10/26/2015
Pfft well I was gonna just stop there but I see next chapter is short too, so here I go. XD
Also, bro, consider disabling Guest reviews this dude is annoying.
Oh hey seasonal job me too :o

Aww, yay Selena love train XD That was sweet.
"most powerful in all of Tellius" not even a humble brag there Johnny boy ;)
Ya know I wonder what Tauroneo thinks about the BK being back and stuff, I can't remember if he ever mentioned...we need to get deeper into his character sometime.
I love that Mist is such a threat, it's just amazing XD Mist vs Nino, the fight of the cute!
The BK is almost like an air strike, in a way.
Crazy how this is basically...THE battle. Like everyone is HERE. Mess up here and...that's almost it.

Hope you've figured stuff out with the programming...sorry again for not reading for so long. ;
Lord Cow-Cow chapter 139 . 10/26/2015
And since this one wasn't very long figured I'd read it. Especially as I work the first day at my new job (Yay!) tomorrow so unsure if I will be able to read then.

Oh yeah, he did this with Elincia, huh. This gonna be good...wonder how Micky can take it.
I also forgot the whole shield reverse triangle thing, so bizarre. Also gonna mention again that the addition of magical shields is neat cause it adds more to fights. Though I do worry it gets used too much sometimes.
Micky is kinda a badass I see. Good on her :D
Goodness using Fireflies? I remember when this one was introduced...has he really come so far that he can just cast it in this situation so readily? Interesting...
The fight is flowing pretty well here
"What would you have me do? Fight a losing battle where I know I cannot win?"
Me: "Yes dammit!"
Holy cow that's some uber magic being thrown about...
Perfect way to end it, can't ever forget Michaiah is a queen of sass. :D
Lord Cow-Cow chapter 138 . 10/26/2015
Well first I'm sorry for it being so long been busy and sick and...yeah anyway finally got to read this chapter, hopefully will read the rest soon.
Glad you mentioned the Guest reviews tbh ;

Okay something I've noticed is you kinda tend to have awkward first few sentences.
But anyway, love how he so casually is dodging the trainees that are trying so hard...and I especially love that Nino got him, and the line was cute. Made me smile. More Nino being Nino was needed.
"twisting her body in flattering angles" Hmmmmm.
I adore Nino in this, so happy.
I AM GONNA SHIP IT SO THERE
Aaaand silly John is back kinda! Yay! And it took Nino being Nino and Selena being a grump, nice. Hopefully it helps...
It's interesting the...unique ways John trains, dodging bouncing magical bullets and such.
So the plan is a head-on collision at the bridge, simple, but dangerous. This battle is gonna be a deadly one for sure.
The stuff with Micaiah was interesting, it's always...nice to see people opening up. Even if it's basically opening up about needing to open up...Also I've never given that much thought to favorite colors before. XD
Ahhh yes, arrow in the backside...good times. This chapter was nice, overall, cause it basically...showed that people were working towards getting better.
And finally John is being less...robotic. That's always good to see. This whole chapter felt a bit lighter and that was needed.
Cormag Ravenstaff chapter 140 . 10/16/2015
Ah, a preparations chapter. We needed it, and it'll serve well in the long run

I think BK will be fun to read!

Short review for a short chapter I guess. I'm on a band trip right now, and am pretty tired
Guest chapter 139 . 10/16/2015