Reviews for Fire Emblem: Spellbinding Radiance
Poison-Stripes chapter 61 . 12/19/2009
Wow. I'm glad that Mist was able to be seen again in the story.
godofmadness43 chapter 61 . 12/18/2009
man, Mist has grown up a lot
Frog-kun chapter 27 . 12/11/2009
Props to the awesomely long chapter that was Chapter 27. I think my favourite bit was John's explanation on musical instruments. Gawds, made me wish my brother was there. He's an absolute musical geek, lol. He'd have probably joined right in.

Moving on, I liked how you made John's opinion of Ike change. Ike may seem a little annoying and overly righteous in a video game but if I knew someone like him in real life, I would want to believe in a person like that. I think that's what John realised. Least, that's how I choose to interpret it.
Frog-kun chapter 22 . 12/11/2009
Ah, I get what you meant with the Karla subplot. I feel kinda happy that she and John broke; she was kinda dragging the plot back anyway. It felt too much like a real relationship anyway, instead of a fictitious romance. Lol, hope that makes sense.

I had been wondering over the last few chapters I read when you were going to get back to the plot of PoR, since I thought you were going a little off-track with the arena, and then with the whole magic academy thing. That's why I liked this chapter, if only for how it's refreshing to me.

There were two other things I liked. No, wait, three.

1. How you described Sothe's fighting made me laugh out loud. I think it was because you used the word 'shank'. That word never ceases to make me smile.

2. Your description of Tormod was epic and spot on. RPG hero indeed! You made me think about something I heard, that all great literature really just states things you already know.

3. You made Selena's eyesight worsen. Just like with Keiran's death, you strayed from what is standard in these kinds of stories. Selena may not be main Original Character, but she is still of your creation, and fanfic authors tend to be kinder to the good characters they create. As in, they don't die or suffer serious injuries and stuff. So what happened to Selena was a nice subversion to that.

This is probably my longest review so far. Heh.
Frog-kun chapter 18 . 12/9/2009
For some reason, I enjoyed the Rhys and John "support conversation" (Ha! I'm gonna keep thinking of it that way!) more than the whole flirting session with Karla.

I felt like this chapter dragged back the pace of the story a little bit, but it was okay because it showed the consequences of using too much magic.
spygirly chapter 59 . 12/9/2009
Second anniversary, eh? That's pretty big-congrats! (of course by now it's been longer than that...whatever!)

What I like in this chapter is that it not only was conducive to the storyline but also reflects the whole anniversary thing. We see John sort of in full power, in the way he gets along with his Tellius friends and the music scene brought out a bit of the Earth John as well. Even the title...(aside from the fact that the song is stuck in my head haha). Celebrates the fic's anniversary...aside from the fact that this chapter's about a celebration haha.

Cool moment, when Ike asks John to join the mercenaries. It actually makes you feel proud of John-early on he was barely pulling his weight. And I liked his reaction to it, but he still keeps his head about wanting to travel and everything.

Off the hook, eh? Well it makes sense actually.

YAY John used Elincia's name right. Finally.

Hahaha "didn't think that through" will Jill.

Interesting how all these possibilities are opening up; staying with the mercenaries, noble, etc.

As far as interaction with Elincia goes, I liked this a lot. Made me think "I like John! He's being so nice!"

Mia's nuts, sky blue dress, are you an orange. Good references to early on.

Oh dear me. It almost sounded like Elincia likes John. Great.

I simply LOVED that musical scene. Btu I'm glad Nino's piccolo got into there, otherwise it would have seemed too much like a departure from TEllius...

GOod dancing scene. Drunken Lucia and helmet-less Nephene...the little descriptions of the girls were just great. I don't feel like going into details haha

Well the Elincia and Jill stuff is confusing me a bit. Seems almost like a love triangle, only Jill not really caring. But that's just my interpretation.
Frog-kun chapter 17 . 12/9/2009
This whole chapter reminded me of Karla and Bartre, and how the two of them met while fighting in the arena. Karla/Bartre is one of FE7's rare canonical pairings, alongside Pent/Louise and Isadora/Harken (I think).

It would be funny if Joshua met Natasha and succeeded in his wily ways with her.

Just a random thought. :P
Frog-kun chapter 15 . 12/9/2009
OMG Kieran dies! That is different from the game. Pity you never built up his character during this story.

This is now making me wonder if other important details of PoR's plot will change in your hands. Oh, must keep reading.
Frog-kun chapter 14 . 12/9/2009
Hey, male bonding finally! Just, there were a lot of scenes with John talking to the female mercenaries, so I felt myself wanting a bit of a changeup. Zihark is Teh Awesome, lol.
Frog-kun chapter 12 . 12/8/2009
That deleted scene killed me.

John is such a nice guy with a somewhat perverted mind. Although he has some deep thoughts, there are times when he reminds me simply of Keitaro from Love Hina.
Frog-kun chapter 11 . 12/8/2009
Lol, but I'd like to see a harem.

That's all that I was thinking during the whole Karla scene.

But yeah, it probably makes sense not to have any pairing.

The Sothe scene made me laugh. It seriously did. Sothe is a cool character although he's kinda bland in Radiant Dawn. But whatever. I like the ties that you make to that game in the story.
Frog-kun chapter 10 . 12/8/2009
"There is only power, and those who wish to seek it."

Why do I get the feeling that I've heard that somewhere before? That 'somewhere' probably being Harry Potter. LOL.

Anyway, I like how there's emphasis on character interaction and not just action. Action is nice, but Fire Emblem has a lot of characters so it's nice to get to know them so you feel for them when the fighting starts.
Frog-kun chapter 6 . 12/8/2009
LOL Jill! That was how I was feeling by the end of this chapter. I laughed so hard when John said she was cute and she thought he was lying.

Earlier on, I was wondering about the enemy's logic in promoting John, a certified enemy and spy, into a commander. And then teach him magic. 0.o I mean, Petrine had her reasons, but they were kinda sketchy. Ha ha ha.

Well, whatever the case, it's not so bad that I won't keep reading.
Frog-kun chapter 5 . 12/8/2009
This pairing you speak of, I hope it's not Elincia/John, although I'm getting that vibe already. Not that I have anything against Elincia, she's just not my favourite FE chick. Ah well.

Is this Selena person a reference, perhaps, to a certain Selena Fluorspar in FE8? Magic on a horsie is indeed telling.

Anyway, I'm reading on. The story's getting very interesting from here. What's-a-gonna-happen-to-John? Gah, I must know!
Frog-kun chapter 4 . 12/8/2009
This story is way too entertaining. I can't stop reading it now that I've started, lol. I've been wanting to read a PoR novelisation for a while but because I couldn't find any, I settled for reading a self-insertion, in the hopes that the author would follow the original storyline closely enough. I'm glad I've picked up this one, at any rate, because your character does not seem like a major pain up the ass unlike other Original Characters I have met in the past.

I like John. His name is so generic, lol. His thoughts are sarcastic and snarky and they don't correspond very well with his actions. That makes him a somewhat complex person and I respect him for it. And I just said all this knowing very well he is a self-insertion.

I also like how the first friends he made with the Greil mercenaries are the chicks. LOL much! Keep it up and John will be more studly and awesome than FE7 Hector. Seriously, though, the relationships he estalishes with each FE character is pretty believable, and it's nice to see not all of them like him right off the bat. Ike's pretty neutral, Shinon's a jerkface, Soren's his usual suspicious self, etc.

And now I must keep reading and I may review again later.
1,331 | « Prev Page 1 .. 59 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 79 .. Last Next »