Reviews for Chronicle of Darkness
Sibilant Whisper chapter 25 . 1/5/2010
This is officially my favorite -Pitch Black/Riddick universe- story. Not only is the characterization spot on as far as I see the characters, but the ones you've created and the plot fit RIGHT IN.

Its a well oiled machine, and I fucking love it. Can not wait to see this continue on. :D Loving the Jack/Riddick interactions. You aren't so desperate to write them together like some authors that you fly through their progression so quick they're having having a kid by chapter five and declaring love. You've put thought and planning into their characters, their own personal dealings and used them to weave a more realistic spin on their relationship.

I could see this being a movie in itself, instead of settling for TCOR. You shall receive Kudos the moment the last chapter is completed, and I bid you adieu with a BRAVO.
Ancient and Forever chapter 15 . 10/25/2009
this is completely tremendous - very glad i found it.

on a different note though, i know it was a few chapters back but the chess was completely dreadful...

sorry its kinda my thing but u'd think 2 genius's would be able to play a better game than that...

once again excellent story - sorry im freaking about the chess issue
finaldragon13 chapter 24 . 10/10/2009
ok first off the public bulletin option has my vote that would be funny as hell!

next I love the allance against Toombs. I mean who doesn't want to stop that bastard?

Zaira has a crush! i love the realism of your backround charicters, that is just something that would happen, murphy law must be satisfied. oh and we will get updates on her and araya at some point right? you know like when nick calls zimmy back thanking her for the advice? hint hint:)

Rachel's weapon drill was spot on, It was so perfect, showing the limitations of a shooting game backround as aposed to riddick's real life experence.

I enjoyed the different energy level rachel gets from riddick's training scheldule, that is just something I can see him planing out. The com challege is great so long as deckard is not useing it as a trap of some kind.

I loved the trashy romance novel intro, how sad is that?

Navigear Inc was just funny as all hell, picturing riddick and perticually jack in that comidy of errors really made my day.

I loved how installing the new cockpit turns into a lession for jack, I love the dicotomy of jack's almost lust for new skills and repression of her past.

the bombing was a real kick in the kisser, never saw it coming and the flashback with jack was even more surprising. got to admit I'm a little disaponted with jack for continuing to repress shit, but oh well, what can ya do?

Sphinx is definatly an interesting addision to the story, can't wait for more on him.

the marige of convenance between cerberus and the DoD is going to be interesting I'll bet, i can just see that going smoothly, no wait not really

Sorin,Sorin, Sorin, what to say about the resident mad scientist? besides the fact that he is even more psycotic then i gave him creadit for? as a newbie writer I love him, he is just so much fun to hate, as a reader with an active imagination I am ploting hundreds of possible, and impossible, ways to kill his sorry ass.

well lets see have i forgot anything...duh! the flames can't have a cold cat! and smores are good to and I'm assumeing that you get your fair share of them so Flame Flame Flamity Flame, Flame fire, bonfire, forest fire, flamity flame flame.
Sic Vita Est chapter 25 . 10/9/2009
I haven't reviewed yet but wanted you to know that I am really enjoying this story! I love stories that show the complicated relationship between Jack and Riddick and show them as multi-dimensional characters. Thank you for sharing this with us!
Vavita chapter 25 . 10/9/2009
You updated! I feel like a six-year old on X'mas morning!
Cat Yuy chapter 24 . 10/8/2009
This story is still going strong.

I have the urge to reread all of it each time you post a new chapter but I sadly don't have the time.

Hope for more soon.
Vavita chapter 24 . 9/29/2009
Hi, hope you had a good vacation! It's been 9 days since u came back. Update, please!

Sorry, I have no life, ha, ha!

No, really. I need a break from work and German classes. Update!
Jinnai chapter 24 . 9/17/2009
I must say I'm quite taken with this fic. I would rather read this than an novelization of CoR. Also: Is "grue" a name actually given to those monsters in the movie? Such a very appropriate title for them, yet still so funny. I shall await the next update.
demondeansgirl666 chapter 24 . 9/17/2009
update soon it's really really really really really really really good...
Rayne StarDust chapter 23 . 9/5/2009
I am really liking this story! I can't wait until Jack's plan comes around!
EmiJa chapter 23 . 9/1/2009
Oh my gosh! I loved this chapter! It was completely awesome! The dream was hilarious, but I thought she would've kissed him to distract him and then push him off, but boy was I wrong! I love Urchin already. The only part that I don't like is that he's quiet like Riddick and Jack, but that's only because I'm very possessive over their skills and I don't like anybody else having them. Anyway! Urchin seems like he'll be a cool character, I think he's going to help out Riddick with Jack and Riddick's relationship, but I don't know. It's a friend of Riddick- a GUY friend so maybe they'll talk guy stuff? I don't know... he's 12 so...

Also, I liked the talk between Rachal and Zimmy. It was cute, especially when she said "Bye, Mrs. Zimmerman". My heart melted. I was like aw so sweet! And it seems that Mrs. Zimmy is a little bit maternal with her mommyness. She obviously feels like a motherly instinct when it comes to Rachael and Jack. I also think that Zimmy respects Riddick. I can't wait for the update on your story! Hurry up and write! This chapter took forever for you to post, I was like... omg is she ever going to update it? You were killing me with suspense! I wanted to know what happened next so extremely bad! Well, I'll keep reading but only if you keep writing! Can't wait until Riddick and Jack finally do something. I thought that you had forgotten about the adivice Jack got from that woman at the brothel... I was so dissapointed when you didn't say what it was but at the same time I was excited because you DIDN'T tell us what it was, so there was some suspence there... there still is. Have you planned that scene out... the big surprise that Jack has up her sleeve? WEll, keep writing!
Vavita chapter 23 . 8/29/2009
Well, it took me 7 days to read up to chapter 23 and I just realized that you said you have 9 arcs in mind and we are right now in the third one! When will this story end? in 2015? Oh, my God! I have to say I don't mind waiting because this story is hyper-cool! You are a great writer and have innovative ideas. I hope you update soon! I hope you are not killing Jack at the end!
Zailz-101 chapter 24 . 8/26/2009
Loved the last chapter, can't wait for even more. You never dissappoint.
Thug-4-Less chapter 24 . 8/26/2009
Excellent chapter, LK! There was no action but you're definitely moving the plot forward. Your glossary is going to be massive by the time you finish this story. Lol. Anyway, that's all I have to say at the moment. Other than... you'd better be working on that next chapter! Heh.

Thanks for writing!
Vavita chapter 5 . 8/26/2009
I was actually looking for some romance story between Riddick and Jack but this one is really cool! It's hard to follow the fghts but maybe because English is not my mother language. Anyways, keep writing! Great story. I am reading ch 5 and dont know if there is romance coming up but if not, no problem, the plot is way too cool as it is!
185 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 .. Last Next »