Reviews for Ascent to Power
Guest chapter 34 . 5/31/2014
could have a lot less cursing
pscm59 chapter 25 . 5/28/2014
the story's ok and i might read the rest of it but it's nt one of the better stories and it's too long.
MissyH316 chapter 96 . 1/12/2014
Bravissima - well done! What a great, EPIC story. :-) Thank you!
Savor-Each-Sensation chapter 96 . 6/25/2013
I can't believe I missed this story among all of your other stories - I thought I had read them all! :-)

This is by far one of the best stories I have ever read. The detail and imagination you put into this is mind boggling. I absolutely loved it.

I hope you write more soon! You are one of my favorite writers.
xsilver-galaxyx chapter 96 . 5/8/2013
Wow, that was certainly an epic story. The Native American storyline was very interesting and has prompted me to find more stories along a similar line. I'm not sure whether I really liked Erik when he first left France, he certainly needed someone like Katherine to come along. It was a very different version of Christine that you wrote, it's just sad that it took so long for her to get the help she needed. Of course if people had known of her condition early they might have been more forgiving of her behavior. Great work!
Sarah Artemisia chapter 96 . 3/12/2013
This story was absolutely amazing. It was the perfect blend of old world mystique and new world adventure. I can't wait to read more of your stories!
funnygirl00 chapter 27 . 5/17/2012
Finished or not, I just had to leave a review! This was FANTASTIC! I have rarely laughed so hard in my life! I loved it. Such creative writing too, I wish I had your flair with words.
Diving in chapter 2 . 4/26/2012
It dosen't make sense for him to be the living corpse if he doesn't have the face of a corpse or if he had already been the devil's child. He wouldn't want to live that again.
DarkEmpressEsha chapter 96 . 10/22/2011
I have to tell you this is by far one of the best POTO stories I have read. I really enjoyed your narrative and detail. Although I am a staunch Erik/Meg supporter, I found myself becoming a huge fan of Katherine and all the other characters. The eventual relationship between Raoul and Erik had me laughing out loud. There is a clear picture of them trying to beat each other to that door. I can still see Erik and Raoul grabbing each others jackets to yank the other back and headlocks and punches! I look forward to reading more of your stories.
Almecestris chapter 59 . 9/15/2011
Hi, just wanna let you know I've been reading this story all night long. Haven't left a review yet because it's just too compelling for me to do anything after each chapter but to proceed to the next one. But, I just wanna say that I've been loving this story so far because of its rich back story, wonderful 3D characterization and well-written narrative. Really loving this!
theInsaneArtist chapter 17 . 9/5/2011
I absolutely LOVE your narration, especially at the end of this chapter. It's so awesomely epic. :D
theInsaneArtist chapter 16 . 9/5/2011
Christine has made her bed. It's now dawning on her that she must soon lie in it.( _ゝ)
theInsaneArtist chapter 10 . 9/5/2011
"These Americans could take a perfectly good word and mangle it beyond recognition."

And it has only gotten worse, fo'shizzle.

"...knife and boot hidden in his boot." ಠwಠ *pft*cough* Well, that's quite a..(puts on shades).. feet. \m/ಥヮಥ\m/*yeaaahh!* \ ヘ_θ( *o*)/

Well, at least the story has stopped making me cry. (*remembers the possible foreshadowing from last chapter*) Dammit.. _
Kidnapkid chapter 1 . 6/28/2011
I always have a little chuckle when people put up POTO disclaimers. It's public domain you know. You CAN make money off stories if you want to. (You just can't put ALW lyrics in them.)
Julie Winchester chapter 96 . 5/7/2011
Now let's see, how long did it take me to read this story? *goes and checks the date of her first review*

3 days. Well I'll take a break for today -it wouldn't do to rush toward the only story left - then I'll begin Tears of an Angel...