Reviews for Along Came a Spider
ReturningReader chapter 15 . 7/5/2015
I first read this story a long time ago, in 2007, when you had originally posted it. I had loved it dearly and it left a lasting impact on the younger version of myself about how abuse, love and family can kind of all become a jumbled up mess sometimes. Now here I am, seven years later, having just been reminded of this story fleetingly by something totally unrelated. I remembered the title immediately, and Googled like crazy, hoping that you hadn't deleted it. I am so thankful you did not. I've just now finished rereading this - all in the span of two hours - and I found myself in love with the story all over again. Your characterization is spot on, the emotion portrayed in each person's movements or words is so poignant. This made me cry, it made me feel joy, and most of all, it made me hopeful. I always remember this as being one the best endings to a story I've ever read, and now I can quite frankly say it was one of the best Outsiders fan fictions of all time (and I have read MANY). Thanks for keeping this up on the site, and allowing readers access to your wonderful work. Best wishes.
Guest chapter 15 . 7/4/2015
I read this once, a very long time ago, in 2007 when you originally posted it. I remember being very moved by it. I was randomly reminded of it today, in a passing conversation about something or other, and immediately googled it up, praying it hadn't been deleted. I am so glad it wasn't. I reread this whole thing in less than two hours today, and feel a familiar emotion having finished it. This is one of the best stories on this site for me, the writing is utterly captivating and the emotions are so real. You handled the subject matter very well, and left us readers with a sense of hope. Thanks for writing this, and bringing some wonderful nostalgia to the days I was obsessed with these characters, so many years later.
pollythemer chapter 14 . 5/26/2015
Thank you so much for this beautiful story! I loved the ending.
CriminalOutsider'sGirl14 chapter 15 . 3/3/2015
This is the only abuse story ever finished and I loved it!
Zarak chapter 15 . 12/1/2014
Loved this story I got tears in my eyes as I read the last few chapters. It's a shame u have stopped writing. At the moment I'm working my way though all of your story's about the outsides
Angel chapter 15 . 11/2/2014
Beautiful human heartbreaking ,heart healing even speechless please write more on this and more stories! Xxoo
Trin chapter 15 . 8/25/2014
Awesome. I love the end.
Theron chapter 15 . 3/15/2014
This was an excellent story.
downtown.baby chapter 15 . 1/29/2014
I love it! I love the ending so much!
Goldenponygirl chapter 4 . 10/12/2013
for some reason this chapter made me imagine my friend giving me the middle finger in winco...
Actual.Loki chapter 15 . 9/30/2013
*singing* Amazing!
Goldenponygirl chapter 1 . 9/3/2013
LOVED IT! i hate child abuse to cuz well imma kid. this story gave me an idea on what to right for my speech[give a speech on a big problem in the world] in my speech drama class :D
Black-Rose23 chapter 15 . 3/17/2013
I enjoyed this. It was interesting and kept me captivated, especially since Soda's return wasn't just a quick fix to the problem and it was suddenly like nothing ever happened. I also liked (and hated) that even though Darry was hurting Ponyboy, you couldn't really hate him because you understood his motivations, yet at the same time felt for Pony and just hoped he could get out of there. It was quite different from the usual complete-monster-no-sympathy stories I usually read (and write). I also loved how Ponyboy compared his situation to a war and how he came out changed, the way most soldiers would from a war. All in all it was a great story, definitely one of my favorites.
ForgottenDreamer98 chapter 15 . 2/25/2013
I liked the ending :) how Soda was the one to take his letter lol :) well great job!

-Ace
Guest chapter 4 . 1/8/2013
This makes me think of Because of You by Kelly Clarkson...