Reviews for Convergence
notsing chapter 1 . 6/10/2012
I'm struggling with your story. Not because of the obvious kinky sex, but because of your portrayal of Charlie. I LOVED Numb3rs, and I can never understand why some Charlie fans want to reinvent him. Okay, SOMETIMES he's the cool one; he cleans up at poker, and he does well at the gun range. But every time he's exposed to actual violence he totally freaks out and panics. I hope you don't ruin your story by getting Charlie too out of character. And please don't even consider him to be the sub. There's no way in hell the FBI would ever do that. That being said, your story line looks promising and fun.
adrian chapter 1 . 11/22/2007
I was very, very glad to read a fic that deals with this subject matter in such a respectful and knowledgable way. You've set up a very interesting premise here, though the casework behind the events could use some work.

I must admit, however, to finding it such an utter waste that in such a great fic you have such a complete lack of understanding of one of the primary characters of the show. Charlie is unrecognizable as the character from the show. Completely unrecognizable. Charles Eppes can hardly see the romantic signals from his girlfriend who throws herself at him, to then say he'd know anything of this world is so laughable that it is almost enough to stop me from reading on despite the skill of the writing and the care you take with the subject matter. He has also demonstrated time and again that while he has consulted before he knows nothing about the world Don lives in. For him to know anything on the battlefield is ludicrous. Remember, Edgerton taught him almost everything about snipping. It is totally screwing canon to say that he knows anything about it. I can only hope he will not be appearing anymore.
June chapter 1 . 11/22/2007
Yeah, figured it was another one of those ridiculous stories where Charlie is mysteriously a secret agent. You can always tell when Don's character gets so badly distorted - I don't think I've even seen him barge in on anybody, though Charlie does it routinely (please review pilot where he erases an FBI memo board and covers what they're all looking at with his map, without so much as a by-your-leave, and much to Amita's embarrasment, then continue through about every episode after for more). I mean, come on - Charlie? Secret agent? Not only did he about pee his pants during gunfire in Rampage, but let's face it, at this point, the guy is just plain fat. No doubt it will turn out to be NSA - even though they don't HAVE agents - just mathematicians - like Charlie.