Reviews for Under the Surface
KJtheELMtree chapter 1 . 2/28/2014
Because I've read this many times and never forgot it, I am reviewing.
-Beth M
yay chapter 26 . 8/19/2012
Well...I liked this. I liked how they resolved the romance stuff without being overly melodramatic. I thought that the scene with Ronan's mom was a bit overly dramatic, though. I think you should have elaborated more on what Dairine was up to, and included Carmela. Other than that, this was outstanding.
yay chapter 25 . 8/19/2012
Please don't let Angie die...
yay chapter 24 . 8/19/2012
Reading the last part, I just remembered the line in book two "so rage proud power/ fail again"...his plans never really work out to well.
yay chapter 23 . 8/19/2012
Who's in pain? Is the father the Lone Power?
yay chapter 22 . 8/19/2012
...what on earth happened to them?
yay chapter 21 . 8/19/2012
How I feel during this chapter: what language is this?
yay chapter 20 . 8/19/2012
Maggie Zine...that would be terrible and hilarious.
yay chapter 18 . 8/19/2012
"Trust Dairine and Ronan to get into a political debate over" How does that sentence end? I'm glad she told Ronan everything though.
yay chapter 15 . 8/19/2012
This entire chapter rocks.
yay chapter 13 . 8/19/2012
Oh, poor Angie.
yay chapter 10 . 8/19/2012
Wow, Kit. Way to make an awkward moment even more awkward.
yay chapter 2 . 8/19/2012
"Yeah, I'm just going to waltz in my house and say, 'Hey, Mom, sorry I'm late, but after I went to Annie's I met up with my crush from over the summer, who happens to also be a wizard, as well as a decedent of an Irish deity, and we went to the moon and made out.' Real plausible, not to mention almost a guarantee of another 'the talk', and never getting to see you without a chaperon until I'm 30."

Ronan raised one of his eyebrows at what she said, then added, "I bet you're the only kid that ever gave that excuse for missing curfew."

"Yeah, they all had boring run-of-the-mill wizards. I had you. And do you know how much my mom would freak if she knew that I stayed out until ONE THIRTY, with a guy she's never met, at that? She panicked when I was on erranty and was out with Kit until ten. And we weren't doing anything more than saving the entire East Coast."
That entire segment of dialogue was hilarious.
Beth M chapter 22 . 10/7/2011
Holy crap... I'm almost scared to go on!

I've been listening to "Praise you in this Storm," by Casting Crowns, and right after I finished this chapter, it sang, "praise the god who gives, and takes away..." and it was kind of creepy, how fitting it was.
Charlotte2495 chapter 26 . 5/5/2011
Interesting ending to an interesting story. I haven't read Unbeknownst Destiny (yet) but as far as this one goes, I think there were some minor loose ends. Like Ronan's home situation for example. I realize that the purpose of the scene was basically to provide an opportunity for Ronan to open up to Nita but it was left unresolved. There was also the whole thing with Angie thinking Kit was attractive which I know wasn't supposed to go anywhere soit seemed unecessary. In english there was this quote that I feel applies here. "If you put a sword in the first act then it better kill someone in the last act." Seems like sound advice.

You actually did alright with preventing major holes in my honest opinion.

I'll also admit that I'm a die hard K/N shipper and was not too happy about Ronan, but personal biases aside, I can't deny that you had a very entertaining story even with the rather... unfortunate pairing.