Reviews for Just a Dream
Bubbahotek chapter 1 . 11/25/2007
Nice little change of pace. The whole teen super hero thing being a dream. Like how Ron will still rise to the defense of his friend. Great one shot.

Bubba
whitem chapter 1 . 11/25/2007
Not bad... After reading other reviews first before posting my own, I agree with others that the beginning threw me for a loop also.

I'm sorry to say that I partially agree with Johnrie18. The fact that she dreamed an entire series just didn't quite... feel right. Though I understand the concept of what you were trying to do, and I applaud you for trying something different.

For lack of a better way to say it, it seems that the kind of story this is clashes with your style of writing. Does that make sense?

Please don't get me wrong, as I'm not saying it's a bad story. It was pretty good, and I still enjoyed it.

Sorry for the confusing review...
John Riehle chapter 1 . 11/24/2007
Ok, this is one of those 'not cruel, just honest' reviews, so you may want to cover your ears or eyes. And keep away from sharp things.

I'm not sure what you were trying to accomplish with this story, but I don't consider it to have been a success.

First off, I think the story's creditability was critically hurt by the fact that you opened by destroying everything the readers think they already know about the main characters. Furthermore, to simply do so by using the 'it was all just a dream' cliche seems very weak. Human REM cycles only last a few seconds at a time. That Kim would then have such detailed memories of a dream that supposedly stretched thirteen years is really pushing creditability farther than it can.

In fact there were quite a few cliches in this story that, once spotted, pretty much told you exactly how it was all going to end.

-Girl falls for pretty, air-headed, total jerk.

-Trusting and loyal friend gets set aside but remains trusting and loyal anyway.

-Girl discovers what an air-headed, total jerk the guy she fell for is.

-Trusting and loyal friend gets upset that guy is such an air-headed, total jerk and in this case, in spite of his enormous physical disadvantage (nerds do not punch out jocks three times their size in the real world, no matter how upset they are), knocks him on his ass.

-Only once girl realizes that guy she fell for is a total jerk and air-head does she then, as her second apparent choice, go for the friend who is trusting and loyal.

I'm sorry, but I can't help it. I feel like I've read this story already a thousand times. The only thing about it that seemed at least slightly new was that Ron was actually upset with Kim for throwing him aside two and a half years ago, though he sure seemed to get over it awefully fast, and for my money, Kim didn't do nearly a good enough job apologizing for it.

And as always, and I still can't figure out why you do this, it's only *after* Kim realizes that her first choice was a total jerk and treated her like dirt does Kim *then* go after Ron. Why can't she ever realize how she feels about Ron without every other guy in the world being a total monster? That seems to be a popular theme with you, and for such a huge KR fan, I just can't figure out why. I mean it basically says that, if Kim ever did find a boyfriend who was good looking and actually treated her well, then she and Ron would never get together.

All I can say is, not one of your better works. I would have much appreciated an update of 'So Not The End Of The World' instead.
mangafangirl chapter 1 . 11/24/2007
That was amazing! So raw, so believable, so, so... great! Very well written, a top-notch KP story for sure!

Mangafangirl :)
mr.the.ninja chapter 1 . 11/24/2007
I enjoyed this one. The realism kept the storyline driving and myself captivated. Well done!
JazminGro chapter 1 . 11/23/2007
Not gonna say much about this story, just that It is so going to my faves! ;D

Awesome work!
fuzzibare chapter 1 . 11/23/2007
GOOD JOB! Normally KPRS ships are my second choice, (I'm a Kigo shipper who relates to Ron (?)), but I really got behind Patterson/Sliverberg. They felt like they were real life alters of KP/RS. Same souls, different wrappers.

I've had some of those lucid dreams and some of the vivid alternate life dreams. You pretty well nailed what the experience feels like after you wake up; the initial cognitive disorientation and lingering after thoughts and impressions.

(If it weren't a one-shot, I'd fav it).

"Life is but a Dream..."
Danny-171984 chapter 1 . 11/23/2007
The 'real' Kim huh...awesome...I have to hand it to you, that was pretty creative. LOL! Another good KP and Ron from another world...Anyways, keep on writing.

Danny
TexasDad chapter 1 . 11/23/2007
Wow. What a great story. It's been a while since I've read anything that is so classic Disney. Walt would be proud.
Warbird chapter 1 . 11/23/2007
Bravo MrDrP, bravo. KP and Ron as real normal people, more impressive than I could have imagined.

Keep up the good work.
Matri chapter 1 . 11/23/2007
Original AU concept. A rather peaceful and realistic look at life too. Not much else for me to say except to point out that you made a name slip-up in section IV.
RDF-73 chapter 1 . 11/23/2007
Nice story, Love the twists and turn but in the end they found each other. Good work.
Thurston chapter 1 . 11/23/2007
Aw! So, sniff, cute!

Very touching work. Thank you!
JeanieBeanie33 chapter 1 . 11/23/2007
I really liked how you could take a normal scenario, and put a KP-spin on it, and it still seems like it could happen. You do wonder how it would work out if a) KP wasn't a cartoon and b) if Kim was a 'normal, average teenaged girl.'
Fazo the Great chapter 1 . 11/23/2007
Different approach. but good story. kind of confusing in the beginning. But overall great job done. Keep up the great work.

P.S Please read and review my story A New Member.
70 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 .. Last Next »