Reviews for The Darkest Light
unique.normality chapter 5 . 4/9/2011
I have never put too much thought into Regulus besides how Sirius never knew he changed. But this is interesting and probably true, that he was always in the background and his only means of stepping towards the front was his induction into the Dark Arts.
bluestargem chapter 7 . 1/17/2010
This is...beautiful. Just...wow.

You know, your stories never fail to bring tears to my eyes. And you are absolutely fantastic at writing Regulus, it's just amazing, really. I'm kind of just gazing at the computer screen wondering if there are any words to express the brilliance of this fic :) Some concrit: in chapter 5, it should be "and starts as she speaks to him" instead of "and startles as she speaks to him". Otherwise, perfect. A beautifully written story - looking forward to more of your writing! :D
HogwartsHussy chapter 7 . 9/24/2008
I'm crying and you did it!
HogwartsHussy chapter 6 . 9/24/2008
Regulus swallows and takes a deep breath, trying to find anger in him when all he feels is cold and despair and emptiness.

I'm sitting in front of my computer shaking.
HogwartsHussy chapter 5 . 9/24/2008
I didn't think this tale could get better than the previous chapter but I was wrong!

You have a great talent.
HogwartsHussy chapter 4 . 9/24/2008
I've been hungry for some time now for good Regulus Black tales. Something that could give me an idea of who he was. And what was his relationship with Sirius like.

Now that I've found this, I can feel the Black brothers as products of their home and lineage as well as their times.

Thank you!
HogwartsHussy chapter 3 . 9/24/2008
Ouch! Poor Reg.
HogwartsHussy chapter 2 . 9/24/2008
Oh baby!
HogwartsHussy chapter 1 . 9/24/2008
Good opening. This I think is especially perceptive:

He hates that feeling; to know that everyone is watching him. That Sirius is watching him, expectantly. He knows the feeling only too much: every second of his life since the day Sirius left for Hogwarts seem to reflect it. To him, it is like with every breath he takes, with every word he says he is being watched closely, unhealthily, by his family. Regulus, the little king, cannot disappoint them. He has no choice.
secretaryofsillywalks chapter 7 . 8/12/2008
great drabbles. I really like darling, it was so sad!
mustardgirl1128 chapter 7 . 2/2/2008
I LOVED this whole story! This was the perfect ending. The star of Sirius...and the fact that he gets so much satisfaction from answering such a simple question. And 'feeling...free, for the first and last time in his life' was a fantastic line. Great job! I loved this!
mustardgirl1128 chapter 6 . 2/2/2008
I loved it! I loved the little thought about Sirius, laughing with his eyes. And how he CAN'T kill the Muggleborn, because he is empty. Great job!
mustardgirl1128 chapter 5 . 2/2/2008
I loved it! I loved his jealousy, and the glares he gets, and being ashamed of being in Slytherin, and how he 'hates' Sirius. And the end was great. Awesome, I loved it!
mustardgirl1128 chapter 4 . 2/2/2008
Aww, so sad. I loved it. I loved how he was trying to convince himself that he didn't care that Sirius was gone. And how their laughs are alike. I loved this, great job!
mustardgirl1128 chapter 3 . 2/2/2008
I loved it! I loved Sirius' response, and the end. It was really sad...great job with this!