Reviews for Ferrum Dominus
notenufdakka chapter 4 . 1/9/2012
you forgot to mention the anti-fighter bateries that are abundantly welded on the hull of imerial warships, you realy have ought to have given them a last chance for surrender, or toughts of surrender to enter the minds of the enemy, the mechanicus would accept if they got all that sweeet tech in return, tough inferior to 40k tech, it might be used for titans
trey mcclure chapter 1 . 10/24/2011
hi my name is tery mcclure i am the pilot gundam freedom wing of celestial being i defeat my red comet char
pacificuser chapter 15 . 1/17/2011
Hello dood! I'm your long-time fan Bien from the Philippines! I'm hoping this thing will get updated soon!
Rahvin Dashiva chapter 1 . 3/13/2009
Okay guys, time for a bit of a heads-up. Ferrum Dominus is officially discontinued. I'm doing this for a whole bunch of reasons; the plotting was nonexistent, so I was pretty much making it up as I went along (which is great for keeping characters true to self, but not so great for getting a story out of it...), the whole thing was so unbalanced it was getting ridiculous, and the 'loads and loads of characters' thing that was going on was starting to make everything difficult.

But never fear. I've just finished plotting out the story of another version of this, tentatively entitled 'Man of Iron', the first chapter of which should be up in a day or two. Same concept, radically different execution. Still AdMech meets Gundam, but less over-the-top silliness.

Thanks for all the feedback and support dudes (and dudettes), but I'm afraid this particular tale has run its course.
pacificuser chapter 1 . 9/12/2008
Nice!
azdx chapter 15 . 6/22/2008
Update damnit!
emperorprotects chapter 15 . 4/8/2008
Hm , I'll have to throw my two cents in again . You already told me about the princeps thing , so thats one problem solved .

Try throwing in another faction . NO NOT THE DAMN TAU ! THE TAU ARE USELSS * WHO *)(*)(* WHO# $234589- AND 140-84058 AND 430-8 !

Chaos would be the best , that way , the naive gundamverse can see what real horrors are . And below reviewer - You are delusional .

I for one would completly agree with all the imperium's choices if it ever happened in real life . They have to survive . Its not 99% right choice and 1% wrong choice . Its always right .

I would rather destroy the entire planet because of one cult , rather they all die loyal then die dis-loyal .
aledeth chapter 15 . 4/6/2008
It's hard to read this and not feel some emotion other than enjoyment of a well-written story.

It's good. When I don't think much about the meaning behind events, this is excellent for pure fun.

It's when I really think about things that this gets better, and almost un-readable at the same time. I say unreadable, because it's really hard to deal with a story where the good guys cannot possibly win.

And here, there are two 'good guys,' and they are fighting each other. Both the Imperium of Man and the Gundamverse are good guys in different ways. The Imperium is fighting for its against absurdly hostile enemies. The Gundamverse is now fighting for its existence against an absurdly hostile enemy, the 'good' Imperium, which has suddenly become the bad guy, even though we know they are good.

But the Gundamverse doesn't. All they know is that they have been savagely assaulted by an enemy with no concern for civilian life and no chance of surrender. They have no choice but to fight a battle that they cannot possibly win.

And that's the painful part. Ideally, the two come to some sort of agreement. But that's impossible. The Imperium doesn't deal or negotiate or compromise. It assimilates or exterminates. I guess the biggest reason that I see the Gundamverse as the 'good guys' here is because I can relate to them. They act in a way that I would, given the same circumstances. And they actually think about things, and invent, and question, and basically do everything that the Imperium doesn't.

The Imperium on the other hand, is a horrible, oppressive regime that sees entire planets as acceptable losses. I can't grasp that. I can't even imagine what it is to live in a world like that. So I can't agree with the rationale that the Imperium uses when they say "kill all the people that don't believe in the GEoM." It's mindless, brutal, barbaric, and 99% of the time, it's the right course of action. But in that 1%, SO many needless atrocities happen that I can't support it. And what is happening here falls into that 1%.

However, the Imperium needs to win by virtue of neccessity(they are Mankinds only hope of a continued existance), and by simple logic(The Gundamverse can't win against what the fleet can use). I know this, but it doesn't make it any less painful to see the 'good guys' get crushed underneath the harsh truth of their new reality.

For in the grim darkness of the 41st Millenium, there is no peace, no justice, and no mercy. Only war.
damaddok chapter 1 . 4/1/2008
Aww... I was hoping for a little more action. I'd rather the Princeps give the princess a right talk-down instead of just a beat-down. Add another race to the fight, that should make things real interesting. AND NOT THE TAU! They don't have much in terms of gigantic war-mechs.
Mabra46268 chapter 15 . 3/31/2008
This is a fascinating story. In Gundam Wing at least partly the war were fought over ideaology. Then with Warhammer 40,0 you have a galaxy where ideaology is irrelevant because a battle for the survival of the imperium is being fought every day.

One thing I have to take issue with is the way the adeptus mechanicus just showed up and started shooting. The imperium was founded to reunite mankind after the horrors of the dark age of technology. While heretics do deserve fire and death. The imperium typically gives newly rediscovered worlds some leeway. Although, technically the behavior of te adeptus mechanicus may be permitted under imperial law.

Ultimately, I think the imperium has to win. The world of Gundam after colony cannot conceive of the horrors of the galaxy. They cannot survive without the imperium. After all, if the imperium found them, so can everyone else. As I recall the southern fringe has a lot of tyranid activity. In other words, the genie can't go back into the bottle. The world was just discovered, it can't be undiscovered.

Also, the princeps seems to be questioning his world view a little to quickly. Finally, the people of the gundam AC earth are heretics to the imperium. Will we be seeing other aspects of the imperium, especially the inquisition since heresy falls under their purview.
DarkJackel chapter 15 . 3/31/2008
Why didn't he shoot Relina, I can only assume it is for a greater plot. Otherwise she needs to die.

I do have a theory as to why the Archmagos would so desire the death of this planet, after reading that Gundam planet fall I am wondering if you might be planning to make Heero the lost twentith? It certainly would be a plot twist that could stay Imperial violence.

The White Fang are kinda whinney when they are the weaker force. I do hope Milliardo makes good use of them.

-_-Me-_-
BrotherGideon chapter 15 . 3/30/2008
Wow man great chapter. Interesting direction with the Princeps suddenly having a moral compass, but its very good. Im already psyched for the next chapter. Keep it up!
Void Walker chapter 1 . 3/30/2008
You are making a huge mistake if you are going to have a titan princeps cuestion a entire life of training, conditining and battle against foes of unmatched cruelty over some half-assed peace loving talk from a naive heretic.

If anything, the princess should be the one growing to undertand the imperium. Make the princeps tell her in depth about the horrors of chaos, the unstopable necrons, the galaxy spanning hunger of the tiranids, the deviance of the dark eldar or the eternal war lust of the orks, make him show her recorndings of the masacres of cadia, of the billions that have been slaved and killed and the trillions more that could meet thew same fate if it wasnt for the eternal vigil of the empire.

The princeps has endless reasons not to doubt of his duty, the princess only has seen tini skirmshes between a handful of humans for petty reasons. She cant imagine what it is like to fight for survival.

I hope they meet some of the enemies of the imperium, so we can see how long they take to become just as ruthless, that is if they can survive. The only hope of earth for a long term future is to submit to the Imperium.

Dont screw a good fic. You may like gundam, but there is just no place for idealism in the warhammer universe, only for war.
Ravenor chapter 15 . 3/30/2008
Oh great. Please dont tell me your going to have him defect becuase of this girl. Please dont let him go the way of way of Heresy. There are many arguements that a veteran Princeps would have not just simply "There the enemy so they must be destroyed." And theres the fact that the Mors Mortis stopped the crew would notice something. If not them than the deck guards that are sometimes kept on the command deck.
awilla the hun chapter 15 . 3/30/2008
Judging by the robes, I would say that the girl is an Imperial titan crewwoman. If that is the case, then why is she suddenly turning all peace loving? I mean really, I don't think that any member of the Imperium would be like that. Especially if they were crewing a frankly massive war machine, and had been veterans of wars for a very long time. Unthinking obedience is how the Imperium survives, and I don't think that mercy is a virtue if one is fighting for survival. So, then, why did she suddenly gain it? And why did Silas join in?

Apart from that, good job. I haven't read any Gundams, but the fights are good.