Reviews for Scars
Firebird Scratches chapter 1 . 2/8
Ah...I guess that scar was a souvenir from Raph. I really liked this one! Great work.
princessebee chapter 1 . 11/24/2011
You absolutely ripped my heart out with this fic.

The beauty of the opening was so sweet and gentle and lovely... I felt a physical resistance to being pulled out of it... I didn't want to go, didn't want to come to what I feared very much was a bleaker reality...

... Bleaker? Not really... but bittersweet, so bittersweet it brought tears to my eyes. I adored the interaction between Leo and the grandchild, the sweetness and tenderness of it. I loved knowing Leo was still with April, that the bond there had not been lost to time... I don't know what's become of Don & Mikey in this fic, but I like to think if they're alive they're all still connected. Even knowing that the Guys have to eventually grow up and have their own lives, I have a huge resistance to the idea of them splitting up for any significant length of time and I just need all seven of them to be together a lot, to maintain their closeness, the family bond.

The exploration and explanation of scars was so beautiful. The exchange was genuine and felt real. It broke my heart to find out Raphael is dead here, particularly because of how much that must hurt Leo. Because a world without Raph would be a colder world, for all of them. Because I don't know how it happened or when and I can only hope he and Leo were on good terms when it did.

And I love that the story ended with Leo keeping Raphael alive by passing on his stories...

Really breathtaking and beautiful, even if it hurts to read it.
Laziness Incarnate chapter 1 . 6/27/2011
What you leave unsaid is so powerful here. Beautifully done. *bawls*
LilNinjaWolf chapter 1 . 8/11/2009
Aw... the little girl is so cute and curious. That was a great read.
saralinda chapter 1 . 7/1/2008
Hurrah! Found your stuff on !

This is lovely-I especially appreciated your transition from Leo's dream to the present. Fantastic. I can definitely tell how much work you put into your writing and it shows. I'll keep reading.
Kallasilya chapter 1 . 6/13/2008
Gah! *falls off chair* Perfect! Oh man, I love this so much.

I really, really wanted to finish reading about the picnic scene at the beginning; it was so golden and peaceful, and I always like reading about Leo-the-brother instead of the Leader. I was dragged out of that scene as unwillingly as Leo was, so you've got some good empathy going on there.

And the scar. A physical reminder of his brother, albeit a painful one. I'm not sure if I can express this properly, but I love that you've made that scar and that memory still sharp, still hurt for Leo. Everyone (myself included) seems to assume that Leo just automatically forgives Raph for that night, with no hard feelings, etc. The way you've written it here is so much more *real*, and all the more touching for it.

My eyes were starting to water, and you managed to evoke that response without angst, without drama, without ever really coming right out and saying exactly what he's thinking.

Just... wow! _
HaiJu chapter 1 . 4/25/2008
Beautiful. The character, description...very well written.

~Hj
Mainframe chapter 1 . 1/23/2008
Another winner.

The tone of this one was very subdued; it was a lovely opening where we got the beautiful snap-shot of one of Leo's treasure memories. And then the jolt as he wakes up and he's old and worn out but still finds pleasure in April & Casey’s granddaughter.

Her questions were just the kind of think a child would ask, still so innocent. I loved it and even though they were painful, Leo’s patience and truthfulness was very moving. I loved the way in places he sounded a lot like Splinter.

But the sad undercurrents did have me in bits in the end; I take it Raph’s dead by at least this child’s lifespan and Leo’s just waiting out his time. *sniff, sniff*

Loved it, my only crit…needed a potential tissue warning for softies like me. :3
Winnychan chapter 1 . 11/30/2007
I LOVED this. I may have to recc this, I loved it so much. I don't know, there was just something very poetic about the descriptions and a bittersweetness to it that left a real lump in my throat.
BubblyShell22 chapter 1 . 11/26/2007
Awesome story. I really liked it a lot. Please write more good stories soon. You are a very good writer.

The Bubbly One,

Shell
misseditallagain chapter 1 . 11/24/2007
Bravo Kame-chan! I enjoyed this ficlet immensely in its short read.

The first part I was a bit hesitant about... thinking maybe it was simply a brother interaction story - which still would have been good. I'm glad you took it a great many steps farther though.

I almost cried. Almost. If you had added a little more of... a certain feeling I'm going for, but really can't describe, then you would have had me in all-out tears. "Gone were the times, as in his dreams, when he could move about with grace and ease." I think this line really represents the feelings I'm talking about. I kinda wish you had done a little more with it - though, really, I have no idea how to explain it - and I'm not even sure what it is. _ Okay. I'm done confusing you.

I loved this story. It was truly touching... and made me wonder what happened to Mike and Don. It was hinted that Raph was dead - or so I believe... So I guess I'll just have to decide for myself what happened to the other two brothers. That's part of the charm of this fic - it leaves you thinking. :P

I look forward to reading your next piece!

Ten'ou
KriStALKaLEi chapter 1 . 11/24/2007
Aww, I really liked this. You don't see stories of the guys when they're much older. It's refreshing :)