Reviews for Frail Equilibrium
darkslayer65 chapter 23 . 6/11/2015
Ohhh GOD! This is one of the best DMC fic i ever read! That parting ways between Dante and Tess is so heart-wrenching it makes me screams so loud! I never thought i get so "turned down" with your fiction character and i felt so sorry to Dante. Thanks for this uncontrolable feels that flow through me right now as i writing this dammit. The best of this fic for your potrait of Dante's personality is realy well! YOU DID AWESOME JOB! Now excuse me for i just want to sat around the corner and continue my snifle ! :D :'(
LightJakRises chapter 3 . 10/26/2014
better than the manga, by a long shot
DevilWriter N chapter 4 . 7/12/2013
Awesome chapter! I really enjoyed the scene with Tess showing Dante his aura. It was kind of a strange 'bonding' moment for the two that was interesting.

I really liked that we got into some serious action here! This is Devil May Cry after all, so what would it be without any action? ;) And you did a super job, none the less! Your level of detail as to the 'gruesomeness' was fantastic! I thought I was reading Resident Evil fanfic for a sec... ha! ;) I enjoy how you describe Dante in this situation. I like that since he is young here, he has sort of this level of inexperience about him. Not totally refined yet, and makes a few 'mistakes' during his confrontation with crazy guy. Also, love how you bring up the fact that he kind of 'enjoys' slaying... satisfying his demonic side... yep! I like also how we see Tess get in on the action here too and how she is a 'newbie', so her skills are a bit rough around the edges as well.

Brilliant about how Rebellion is sort of 'summoned' to him. Loved that! Two ideas that I actually enjoy about the 'mystical' properties behind Dante's weapons... I imagine that Rebellion would have that sort of 'personal attachment' to him... and another idea that I buy into is that Dante's guns don't actually fire bullets but, 'charges of demonic energy'... I think that's kinda neat (also explains away his never ending ammo in the games. haha). But anyway...

I like how you keep some of the comical aspect in here throughout as well. Love the scene where they are trying to make their getaway, and Tess having to catch a ride on Dante's back. ha. I don't get tired of those two's banter. Great dialog!

And did I mention I love Roy? ;) I love how he scolds those two when they show back up from the fight. How he can intimidate Dante is awesome. Makes me giggle. And friggin' Magda is creepy! I love how even Dante feels compelled to maintain some manners around her. ha

Once again, your writing is fantastic... just love how descriptive you are, really puts the reader in the scene.

Good stuff!
DevilWriter N chapter 3 . 6/29/2013
LOL... so I came across an old review that I had indeed posted way back when I first read this story. So, I guess goes to show you your read has some staying power! ;)

Yet another great chapter. I love how the relationship between Dante and Tess is forming. They definitely sound like two fussy teens, I think you have that bantering down pretty good! Still love Roy... I love when he comes charging down the stairs like a crazy man when Dante spooks him from bringing Tess back home. LOL

The chapter has nice flow as well, as it starts off with the two teens being just that... arguing and exchanging insults at each other. (The morning wood scene had me rotflmao!) Then by the end, there is this sort of unspoken 'truce', if you will, and a sort of weird bonding that happens with Dante and Tess when they share the truths about knowing what each other really is, respectively.

On that note... maybe one tiny criticism is that when Tess reveals she knew what Dante really was, I went back and reread some of the 'clues' to what makes him 'strange', like when the dog reacts to him oddly on the street. You mention how Tess thought its reaction was 'unusual'. I only pick at that since, IF she already knew he was half-demon, maybe its reaction wouldn't have struck her as strange? I dunno. Just a thought.

Again, I did find a handful of typos and tense errors – so something to look for if you ever have the time to go back in and tweak.

Awesome, awesome story! On to chapter 3! Thank you!
N.
DevilWriter N chapter 2 . 6/25/2013
Hi! As you know, I'm revisiting your story from coming across this years ago on fan fic. Truly, one of my first favorites I had started reading here... and now I remember why!

I really, REALLY love your descriptive writing. I think it is just right—really puts me in the scene, and yet not too much to weigh down the pacing of the story. (thumbs up!)

Gah... I reeeeeallly love your young Dante. Just from when he first shows up carrying his duffle bag of stuff, I totally buy that this is him. Even his initial dialog with Roy, totally believable that this is Dante... young Dante.

As for your OCs—love. Roy is probably my fav here. He's awesome. I love his snarkiness with Dante in the beginning. And it's funny how Dante actually finds him a bit intimidating... not something easy to do with Dante's character. ha Since nothing seems to ever phase him.

Tess's introduction here is great. You did a really good job of establishing her, yet leaving enough out that we are like 'hmmmm, so what's up with this chick?' ... much like Dante seems to be. ha

Also, you do a great job of dropping little 'nuggets' of mystery to keep me wanting to know more. Like what's up with the freaky wind, who is the woman in the photo, the hispanic lady's reaction to Tess (clearly something strange going on there!) and so on... all good hooks for the reader to stay interested!

One little edit note: The scene where Dante goes to pay for his groceries, you say "...he felt inside his pocket for money and realized he had left most of it (most importantly the dollar bills) back at the apartment!" In my understanding from what happened in the earlier scene was the money had sort of fell out of his pocket onto the bed without his knowledge... or so it read that way to me. So for him to then 'realize' that he had left the money back at the apartment, threw me a bit. Just wondering here if maybe you needed to have us understand that he noted the money fall out of his pocket earlier... or something to that effect. Or maybe his reaction is just 'he realized it must have fallen out on the bed'... I dunno. Anyway... just me! But that would be the only thing that read a bit off to me.

Great start for the initial chapter... really makes me want to read more!
Thanks,
N.
Reikoku dansei chapter 8 . 3/25/2013
Hahaha look at dante at the joke in omake 7 i cant stop laughing hahaha
iamcruelandheartless chapter 3 . 3/25/2013
Well, I trust you dislike each other enough to not rape each other

Hahaha man what the hell hahaha
iamcruelandheartless chapter 2 . 3/25/2013
there i though u will use dante alias tony redgrave
reikoku dansei chapter 2 . 3/25/2013
at chapter one i though you gonna use tony redgrave?
Guest chapter 23 . 3/19/2013
First off, I'd like to say that I usually loathe fanfictions with OCs in them. Mostly because the OC would either be a self-insert, or some kind of ridiculously overpowered Mary Sue. But your characters were very well thought out, and they felt real somehow. Tess was a very original and well fleshed out OC, and I also loved how you emphasized that she's not perfect.
But the one thing about your fic that really takes the cake, is how you kept Dante in character. Most of the fanfictions here have some really rubbish characterizations of Dante, that almost make me want to puke. His interactions with the rest of the cast were believable and jelled very well with his character. So, kudos to you for that.

Looking forward to more of your stories!
- An impressed fan
LogicOfFire chapter 23 . 10/13/2011
This is definitely one of the best reads I've found on ! I was completely addicted. I couldn't wait to get free time to come back to it. There were a couple places where I got bogged down with what might have been a little too much action-y description, but that was really the only problem I had and it was very minor.

I absolutely loved Tess's character, and Roy's, hell even Magda was an interesting addition - the kind you sort of love to hate. You took on an OC story with panache - you've got a diverse cast of characters with some serious depth and loads of backstory, and you drop those little twists in there effortlessly. Well done! Now I am off to read the sequel.

Oh, and P.S. the omake sections had me almost rolling. I was in the computer lab on campus a couple of times reading them and snickering and people were looking at me strangely.
Jo Singer chapter 20 . 8/29/2011
It finally makes sense now why Dante gets stabbed with his own sword every game. :D
pacificuser chapter 4 . 4/12/2011
cool!
Jessie's Shape chapter 2 . 4/14/2010
Woah, finally I managed to start reading your story, at least. I'm sorry I took so long.

Although I only read the first chapter yet I can say I'm stunned... I'm deeply impressed! This doesn't seem like a common little story to me, it's more like the beginning of a novel (and 'word' told me the length fits to this as well xD).

You perfectly introduce the main characters and I immediately could see the whole scenario in front of my eyes like a movie. It seems so real, you got talent! Not only does your story live from dialogues (though they are great, no question), but also from your love in details. That is what I often miss in many stories, and I'm not even sure if I could do the job just nearly as good as you did.

Conclusion of all my blabbering: I certainly will read this story until the end. It will take me a lot of time but you will receive my reviews from time to time. ) I'm a new fan now.
Callophilia chapter 23 . 2/3/2010
That was an amazing story of epic proportions and one of the best OC's I have ever seen. If you're still sending out the URL's could you send me characters and the 18 content. Honestly I've been ploughing through this story trying to get to the end and it's been on my mind while at work. Brilliant story honestly, I loved it.